Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it difficult to find people to do starter content and 5 mans with?

Hello,

Doing the 3 day trial and I'm really enjoying TSW so far. Only thing I wish was that I had some really nice headphones to enjoy the audio better. :-) But to the point, I'm a bit concerned that I might be to late to TSW? Seeing as it is a game where people have progressed they don't need to do an "alt" anytime soon? If I decided to subscribe my worry is that I will miss all the cool 5 mans and the atmosphere, game experience and game lore attached to it that no one is doing anymore?

So I guess my question is are there people doing the starter content and normal mode stuff still?

Thanks,

Semblance

Comments

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    most of grp stuff is organised in argatha..look there m8 if you want to do a grp..or join a cabal(guild) and they will help you.
  • exwinexwin Member Posts: 221
    One of the best things about TSW is higher level folks still get exp from running lower dungeons. If you join a cabal, most members have no issue to run a lower dungeon.  Pick up groups are a viable option as well, but IMO its better to find a solid group of folks that you work well with. You'll be in front of the gatekeeper in no time. 
  • rpgalonrpgalon Member Posts: 430

they are adding a Looking for group mechanic in the next big update (2 days from now).

I don't know about Savage Coast or Blue Mountain, but the last time I was in Kingsmouth (5 days ago) the population there was fine.

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

if you start your own group ,it ll be filled quickly

if  start LFG via chat ,usual it ll take longer time ,prolly same ll be with LFG tool,where peoples  wish join groups but not start own team

• UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571
    Tons of people doing stuff!  If you can't find people in the zone, head to agartha there are lots of groups looking for stuff in the Looking for group channel.
  • sr7olsnipersr7olsniper Member UncommonPosts: 206
    My advice would be to use Field Agent Locator. It is an addon that you can get off Curse and it works pretty much like a Dungeon Finder would in games like, say, WoW. A lot of people use it so there are always groups going in from low levels all the way up to the Hardcore stuff. I have been using it pretty much since day 1 and I highly recommend it until Funcom adds a propietary one. 

At least with a sub game they know that people won't tolerate bullshit and leave. With anet we have no recourse but to buy our own lube so our assholes don't get too stretched out from getting bent over a table at Anets will. - Hrimnir

• SemblanceSemblance Member Posts: 6

Thanks for all the great advice guys, I really appreciate it. I have a quick follow up question... but this one might be a bit tricker than the initial question.

Is there a science to finding a good guild? I just like to do stuff in teams may it be questing or just goofing around, I mean it's an online game after all. But many guilds (in other games) seem to be a huge collection of people just logging on and most of the time not even saying a word... in essence it becomes a tag over their head.

I played Anarcy Online once upon a blue moon as a "froob" and all of us (the froob and paid that had froob alts of the org) got really far (TL6) because we were actively helping each other and anytime someone logged on the first thing people said to each other was basically "let's go pew pew some crap". Was a fantastic crowd as such albeit many people took breaks and less and less logged in over time including myself that went to WoW for a period because of real life friends.

• sr7olsnipersr7olsniper Member UncommonPosts: 206

It's like that in every MMORPG. You have to look for a good guild like you would a home. Sometimes it will be easy and you would get settled right away, sometimes it will take you longer but you WILL get there eventually. Even in games like WoW where people claim community is dead you have good guilds that help each other and are always active, while you also have your "log on kill rats and log off" types. In that sense TSW is no different, you have to sped some time asking around for a good active guild. In more than one occasion I have asked for a CABAL (guild) and I get one made up of 2 or 3 people that never log or don't even talk to each other. 

My advice would be to not get discouraged and keep trying because you will find like minded people at some point if you keep enjoying the game naturally.

At least with a sub game they know that people won't tolerate bullshit and leave. With anet we have no recourse but to buy our own lube so our assholes don't get too stretched out from getting bent over a table at Anets will. - Hrimnir

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    Originally posted by Semblance

Thanks for all the great advice guys, I really appreciate it. I have a quick follow up question... but this one might be a bit tricker than the initial question.

Is there a science to finding a good guild? I just like to do stuff in teams may it be questing or just goofing around, I mean it's an online game after all. But many guilds (in other games) seem to be a huge collection of people just logging on and most of the time not even saying a word... in essence it becomes a tag over their head.

I played Anarcy Online once upon a blue moon as a "froob" and all of us (the froob and paid that had froob alts of the org) got really far (TL6) because we were actively helping each other and anytime someone logged on the first thing people said to each other was basically "let's go pew pew some crap". Was a fantastic crowd as such albeit many people took breaks and less and less logged in over time including myself that went to WoW for a period because of real life friends.

i would say this game is kind of unique in the sense  that most cabal's are good,mature and fun..people that mostly play this are more lets say grown up and will help you at the drop of a hat if they have time..some cabal's are for different time zones,some are mult-national..take that in mind when joining one..last thing you want is to log in and find that everyone has gone to bed lol and you are left on your own.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Well, you can group cross server and people can (indeed should) not just be running a dos build, bug also have a healing, tank or support build available.

So its easier grouping than say wow type games like swtor.

But its harder grouping than say gw2

I read all the replies again and wanted to say thanks for all the advice to all of you! I ended up ordering some new computer parts including a nVidia 660 Ti to better cope with TSW. 

I think after the computer parts arrive and everything seems to be working I might sign up for a life time subscription, in the worst case a normal one, but will definitely subscribe.

Thanks again!

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425
    Its been easy for me and i level like a turtle. 

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

Originally posted by Z3R01
    Its been easy for me and i level like a turtle. 

I think I will do turtle mode too, as I want to see what's behind every corner and do every mission and just enjoy the stories and game lore. :)