Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift is quietly becoming the best themepark on the market

Comments

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by Zefire

i dont pay to play.

And?

This thread isn't about how cheap you are, it is about how Rift is developing.

• inmysightsinmysights Member UncommonPosts: 441
    I  liked Rift at first, but as I leveled up and seen how the skills work off each other, use this skill and now this skill is 30% better now that it landed and now I can cast this skill 8 times on the mob so people can heal better and attack better, I am not a fan of skill systems like that.

I am so good, I backstabbed your face!

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

I have to agree, this is the only MMO I'd consider going back to.  I regularly do consider going back to it.  but.. I just hate the soul system.  It would have been the best character creation/development system in the genre, if you picked your three souls at the beginning and were locked into it.  You could respec, but only within those three souls.  

The way it is though, I felt like my characters had no identity, and that's a gamebreaker for me.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Finally, a dev that gets it. First expansion out the gate adds player housing and triples the land mass. Trion is making all the right decisions with this game and I gotta give them props.

the world expansion is exclusively for levels 50+

when RIFT launched, I felt the PVE content was lacking/redundant for leveling more than 1 character

the game needs more than 2 starting areas

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    It's a decent pve game, although I think gw2 and especially tsw have a more fun leveling experience. It does have a bigger pve endgame.

But I didn't like the pvp at all, far too much reliance on macro spamming and gear grind and I don't like the mercenary thing either.

To me its just wow but a bit more grown up and less on the rails with the rifts and exploring elements
  • ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

Got to agree TRION is doing a great job with RIFT.

I had great time playing Rift,i loved classes beeing so flexible & specially enjoyed my Chloromancer^^

I somehow expected RIFT to become more dinamic than it actually is...I believe game is designed to be,but they encountered technical problems & had to step back...

I remember their first World Event with massive battles across the map...they were good in the idea but didn´t turn out how they expected & had to disable it....

Events after that has become more & more encorseted but still loads of fun & godies like mounts etc

I believe TRION will follow some GW2 ideas in Rift. They are already testing in beta realms some kind of PvP similar to GW2´s where you get leveled up to max level... only problem i see with that is that RIFT is too gear centered...don´t know how they will make that work...

Still very refreshing to see TRION trying all those different changes without fear... and delivering alternatives ways to play & level outside raiding (can´t stand raiding...it´s so 2011...........)

I do believe RIFT will become better & better with time. It already is.

I´ll be buying Storm Legion btw ,it´s a massive update that triples the size of the actual game. I´ll have to find some time out of GW2 but i guess i´ll be able in a couple of months^^

Developers must be supported when doing things right.

I love gaming you know, i support companies so i can keep on playing video games.

• ArkainArkain Member UncommonPosts: 491

It is looking really good with: 

A VAST NEW WORLD

• Two huge new continents that more than triple the size of the existing world
    • Experience epic stories that reveal the true power in Telara … and the gateway to the planes
    • Make your move to the island city of Tempest Bay, a new stronghold for both Guardians and Defiant
    10 MORE LEVELS, 4 MORE SOULS
    • A new Soul for each Calling expands the Ascended Class System – build the hero you want!
    • Rise to new heights of power through 10 challenging levels, increasing the level cap to 60
    • Play your way! Choose how you level with questing and Instant Adventure everywhere, onslaughts, rifts, events, and more
    BRAVE THE STORM
    • Achieve greatness with 7 new dungeons, 3 raids, a Chronicle, and more!
    • Join the Hunt: New rift gameplay propels you into battling increasingly-challenging planar bosses
    • Fight legions of fantastic creatures, including a Colossus that interacts with – and ravages – the world like you've never seen
    MAKE TELARA YOUR OWN
    • Dimensions: Customizable spaces allow players and guilds to own a sliver of Telara
    • Take your professions to new heights with Grandmaster crafting
    • Become the talk of the town and boost your stats with stylish new capes
    • New puzzles, artifacts and collectibles, achievements, mounts, pets, titles, and much more

And this coming weekend (Sept. 14th - 16th):

Return to Telara

Play FREE Sept. 14-16

Discover all the new faction changes and Instant Adventure in RIFT 1.10. Ride away on a new spectral mount!

If I get a free mount for just tring the game on that weekend, nice! image

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    I thought it was an ok game, but it wasn't for me long-term.  Maybe if I'd discovered it a little earlier than I did... it certainly lasted longer for me than either Tera or TWS though.
  • LorkiiLorkii Member Posts: 88
    Can t agree more. It has so much to do at end game, and the leveling is quite enjoyable now. The new x pac is easily the best x pac any game has released IMO. I can t say enough good things about Trion.
  • BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    I'm glad to see th game developing. I personally could not stand the quest hubs. Did not play much though and wish all the people playing it the best.
  • LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893
    I don'[t play Rift anymore but if they treat Defiance like they have treated Rift then I will have found my new P2P MMO.

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398

Old-style gameplay = no futur

I think they last 1 or 2 years ..

Originally posted by Scellow

Lol, ya ok.

• KrytycalKrytycal Member Posts: 520
    Originally posted by ShimpoGenmu
    Originally posted by Krytycal
    Not to mention their next project, Defiance, is looking good too.

with firefall and planetside 2 coming this game has no chance.

but i admit for a newbie company they did good with rift and are probably the fastest company out there making content

if they keep up like this their next mmorpg will be bomb

I've played both extensively. PS2 is the superior game from a mechanic/FPS standpoint, but it comes with a big downside: no PvE. While Firefall comes with PvE, the gameplay/hit detection/performance is not very good right now. It's not a bad game per se, especially not considering Red 5 is a very small studio, but it's never going to be a big hit. It's going to be a niche game like Global Agenda.

If Trion does the same with Defiance as they did with Rift, I can see it being the first successful AAA MMOFPS with both PvE and PvP. 

• GrygoreGrygore Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Rift is fun - I should prolly play it again soon :)
  • ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    Originally posted by Lorkii

Lol, ya ok.

Believe me.. see ya next year

Lol, ya ok.

See ya next year, where?

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Since there are no official numbers for Rift subscribers, I do not know what you base your surprising assumption on...

However, I tried Rift couple times and just could not get in. The only game I know of that has worse character animations is LOTRO and then Rift provides utter generic game play.

Those two mixed up together killed it for me...

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Originally posted by ShimpoGenmu
    Originally posted by Krytycal
    Not to mention their next project, Defiance, is looking good too.

with firefall and planetside 2 coming this game has no chance.

but i admit for a newbie company they did good with rift and are probably the fastest company out there making content

if they keep up like this their next mmorpg will be bomb

Doubtful.  Defiance looks good (but many games have). But if it plays well, and is updated in the same fashion Rifts is, it will do well.

Firefall has some good points, but their PvE milestone is months away (at least two, three or four is possible). Then they need to work the bugs out of it.  So, thats another few months. Just for the next mile stone.  So, we really aren't going to see the full game until well into 2013. 

Planetside 2, is strictly PvP. So its not even targeting the same audience as Firefall and Defiance are.  Not to mention it is SOE ...

I'm looking forwards to Defiance, but we will have to see how it plays. 

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Hmm, Hadn't thought of it in that regard.

Someone better start sending out notifications to all those subscribing customers.

• ArkainArkain Member UncommonPosts: 491

HAHAHAHA!!!......OK, Ok, ok......

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

You better let Warcraft know as well...HAHAHA!! that its been dead for years by your logic (or lack of it)...HAHAHA!!!!

Their are some that do not understand the way players are and what makes a great game.

• f0dell54f0dell54 Member CommonPosts: 329

Lol, ya ok.

I don't believe the French

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by f0dell54

Lol, ya ok.

I don't believe the French

Ahh, I see, I thought he typo'd future. But that's the French spelling.

So, then according to the poster, the French require a newer style of game play.

At least we know Rift will do fine in the English speaking countries.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by kostoslav
    Worst WoW clone ever created. If there was ever a game created only for money it is rift. It is, as I wrote many tomes here, soulless and plastic. Awful, unmaginative, badly written lore, terrible, boring quests. Unimaginative races and ugly character creator. I can always find at least one good thing in any game but not in Rift. U can feel more developer love in EA sports games.
    lol nice

• KeyloggerKeylogger Member Posts: 250

Originally posted by Foomerang
    Originally posted by kostoslav
    Worst WoW clone ever created. If there was ever a game created only for money it is rift. It is, as I wrote many tomes here, soulless and plastic. Awful, unmaginative, badly written lore, terrible, boring quests. Unimaginative races and ugly character creator. I can always find at least one good thing in any game but not in Rift. U can feel more developer love in EA sports games.
    lol nice

Pretty true, though.

At least they seem to be a decent company, so...