Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You are doing it wrong...

HarttzHarttz Member Posts: 91

All of you are playing GW2 wrong. I am here to tell you how you are playing it wrong so you can stop. Here goes:

-If you are running around doing the Hearts and geting 100% map completion instead of sitting in one spot doing DEs then you are doing it wrong...

-If you are staying in one spot grinding DEs instead of exploring the beautiful game world then you are doing it wrong...

-If you are playing for 10+ hours per day and trying to complete all the content as fast as possible then you are a no-lifer who should get a job and you are doing it wrong...

-If you are only playing for a limited amount of time due to real life then you aren't a real gamer and a noob and you are doing it wrong...

-If you are grinding crafting xp and sitting in a city instead of exploring the map and doing events then you are doing it wrong...

-If you are not leveling your crafting, crafting your own gear, and taking advantage of the xp from crafting then you are doing it wrong...

-If you are fighting in the big zerg and spamming aoe in WvWvW instead of showing your skill in small fights then you are doing it wrong...

-If you are trying to 1v1 people in WvWvW to boost your e-peen instead of helping capture the main objective with your team then you are doing it wrong...

-If you are spending money in the Cash Shop on gems then you are lazy and silly for wasting IRL money for in-game money and you are doing it wrong...

-If you are grinding in-game gold to buy CS gems then you should get another IRL job and stop being a poor no-lifer because you are doing it wrong...

If you are solo-queueing for sPVP and trying to win small 1v1 and 1v2 fights instead of having a dedicated premade team then you are doing it wrong...

If you are playing sPVP with a group that you worked hard to put together to make sure you had good synergy and strategy instead of solo-queueing then you are getting carried because you can't play 1v1 and you are doing it wrong...

If you are a solo player and don't belong to a guild but complain about lack of social interaction and group content in game then you are doing it wrong...

If you spend all your time playing with your guild and friends while excluding players from your elitist clique and complain about there being too much solo-oriented content in an MMO then you are doing it wrong...

My way is the only correct way to play the game because I know everything about MMOs and anyone who disagrees is a fanboy hater elitist noob troll.

/endsnark

Can we please retire this argument. There is no one right way to play an MMO or any game. What makes games great is the capacity for player's creativity to shine through and for many different types of players to enjoy games for many different reasons. Just because someone does things different than you doesn't mean they are doing it wrong, it just means they are different and having many different players is what makes for a great community. How boring would things be if every player in GW2 was an exact clone of you?

What do you guys think? Anything I forgot that people are doing wrong? Do you hate this argument as much as I do or am I just complaining because I am doing it wrong?

Comments

• eggy08eggy08 Member Posts: 525
    Put this into one of those threads, don't make your own. This just causes needless arguments. Thank you.
  • TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Instead of telling someone that "they are doing it wrong", perhaps showing the alternative without any other remarks would be a better option?
  • LIOKILIOKI Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Posting a wall of text on a forum filled mostly with kids who have A.D.D...you're doing it wrong.
  • KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777
    Originally posted by TwoThreeFour
    Instead of telling someone that "they are doing it wrong", perhaps showing the alternative without any other remarks would be a better option?

Common sense is to do the opposite. Atleast he didn't just say your doing it wrong with nothing to explain what lol

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Harttz

All of you are playing GW2 wrong. I am here to tell you how you are playing it wrong so you can stop. Here goes:

-If you are running around doing the Hearts and geting 100% map completion instead of sitting in one spot doing DEs then you are doing it wrong...

-If you are staying in one spot grinding DEs instead of exploring the beautiful game world then you are doing it wrong...

-If you are playing for 10+ hours per day and trying to complete all the content as fast as possible then you are a no-lifer who should get a job and you are doing it wrong...

-If you are only playing for a limited amount of time due to real life then you aren't a real gamer and a noob and you are doing it wrong...

-If you are grinding crafting xp and sitting in a city instead of exploring the map and doing events then you are doing it wrong...

-If you are not leveling your crafting, crafting your own gear, and taking advantage of the xp from crafting then you are doing it wrong...

-If you are fighting in the big zerg and spamming aoe in WvWvW instead of showing your skill in small fights then you are doing it wrong...

-If you are trying to 1v1 people in WvWvW to boost your e-peen instead of helping capture the main objective with your team then you are doing it wrong...

-If you are spending money in the Cash Shop on gems then you are lazy and silly for wasting IRL money for in-game money and you are doing it wrong...

-If you are grinding in-game gold to buy CS gems then you should get another IRL job and stop being a poor no-lifer because you are doing it wrong...

If you are solo-queueing for sPVP and trying to win small 1v1 and 1v2 fights instead of having a dedicated premade team then you are doing it wrong...

If you are playing sPVP with a group that you worked hard to put together to make sure you had good synergy and strategy instead of solo-queueing then you are getting carried because you can't play 1v1 and you are doing it wrong...

If you are a solo player and don't belong to a guild but complain about lack of social interaction and group content in game then you are doing it wrong...

If you spend all your time playing with your guild and friends while excluding players from your elitist clique and complain about there being too much solo-oriented content in an MMO then you are doing it wrong...

My way is the only correct way to play the game because I know everything about MMOs and anyone who disagrees is a fanboy hater elitist noob troll.

/endsnark

Can we please retire this argument. There is no one right way to play an MMO or any game. What makes games great is the capacity for player's creativity to shine through and for many different types of players to enjoy games for many different reasons. Just because someone does things different than you doesn't mean they are doing it wrong, it just means they are different and having many different players is what makes for a great community. How boring would things be if every player in GW2 was an exact clone of you?

What do you guys think? Anything I forgot that people are doing wrong? Do you hate this argument as much as I do or am I just complaining because I am doing it wrong?

How old are you?

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240
    Originally posted by LIOKI
    Posting a wall of text on a forum filled mostly with kids who have A.D.D...you're doing it wrong.

This is such a horrible thing to say! Not all of us are kids and not all of us have A.D.D. Just let me tell you that if....

*chases a fly around the room*

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415

The sad truth is that you're right. I have a feeling this thread will get tons of posts from people who won't even try to read the full OP and get what it's really about. So yes, he is doing it wrong. image

• LIOKILIOKI Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Originally posted by MMOwanderer

The sad truth is that you're right. I have a feeling this thread will get tons of posts from people who won't even try to read the full OP and get what it's really about. So yes, he is doing it wrong. image

Of course I'm right. And so is the OP.

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240

I agree with the OP. The "You are doing it wrong" argument is about as annoying as the "No, the game starts at X level" argument.

But a bit off track here, did anyone else hear Jeff Foxworthy in their head when reading the lines in the OP?

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

/endsnark

How old are you?

It needed to be said in its own thread (not being sarcastic), and I agree with the OP 100%. Are you just perturbed because you feel the OP is calling you out?

How old are YOU sir?

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by fyerwall

I agree with the OP. The "You are doing it wrong" argument is about as annoying as the "No, the game starts at X level" argument.

But a bit off track here, did anyone else hear Jeff Foxworthy in their head when reading the lines in the OP?

Ya now that you mention it and a bit of Bill Engvall and "Here's Your sign".

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Originally posted by Amjoco
    Originally posted by fyerwall

Ya now that you mention it and a bit of Bill Engvall and "Here's Your sign".

Funny you mention it. I heard Bill Engvall's voice when people said "It's only BETA!" when complaining about the same things people are complaining about post-launch.

Irony?

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Excellent post OP, feel bad for the posters after who don't get it.
    Originally posted by kadepsyson

Agreed :|

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    So if people don't play by your "manual" then they cannot enjoy GW2?
  • kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by Piiritus
    So if people don't play by your "manual" then they cannot enjoy GW2?

How about you read the OP first and try and wrap your head around the actual point he made.

• UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066
    Originally posted by kadepsyson

As do i lol.

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666

/endsnark

its seem people here only read the argument and did not read the last text you type,

anyway i agree 100% with OP

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Lol at the people who didn't read the full OP. I will say I'm tired of the "Your doing it wrong statements." awell, Though I will say I'm assuming when most people get angry at games mainly MMOs it's as if they play a certaint way to ensure they are disappointed, it's not all the time and not  just GW2. Then nonetheless no such thing as one game being liked by every single person who plays the game. 

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• HarttzHarttz Member Posts: 91

I kinda regret posting this now but it was halftime of the Jags game and I was bored. A little funny that I managed to catch some people who obviously didn't read the end. 

In related news, I have discovered the formula for getting thread replies:

-Misleading thread title

-Condescending attitude

-Insulting false dichotomies 

-Wall of text with different opinions depending on which part you read

• NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790

Someone sticky this please so that any time GW2 fans who love to tell others that they  'don't get it' or that they are 'doing it wrong'  or if they try to educate others in how to enjoy the game, i can direct them towards this topic.

Oh and  /faceplam for those who didn't undrestand the sarcasm in OP.

Bite Me

• eggy08eggy08 Member Posts: 525
    Originally posted by Nikkita
    Someone sticky this please so that any time GW2 fans who love to tell others that they  'don't get it' or that they are 'doing it wrong' try to educate others in how to enjoy the game, i can direct them towards this topic.

Psh, you start doing that and you'll get rediculed like everyone else for posting links to other threads/videos. People won't go to those, they'll either say they did and it made no difference or that it's their opinion that you are playing the game wrong and thus can't be proven otherwise.

Is it potato or patato or dgjkhgs@*?sadjkfgh. I go for third option and any who says otherwise clearly isn't pronouncing it right.

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z543bcpuxDA