Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sick of all the negative threads.

Comments

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Originally posted by Killsmallchi

this is a misinformed OP. THere are plenty of positive threads on here. The problem is that no one comments on positive thread. The threads that stay on the top are the ones about negative stuff. SO if you dig you will find tons of I love this game and this game is great. But no one response to them, everyone wants to be part of the flame wars.

queue music!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MToqnnNQa0I

You're exactly right the people that love the game rarely post here, take it they post it on a website dedicated to the game. This is the flame pit for people that don't like a certain game, That video cracked me up, thanks.

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Originally posted by fenistil
    Originally posted by Starpower
    This thread is so negative

yeah, kinda popped into my mind immedietaly

Negative about the negativety, you're exactly right.

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072

So say something positive and righteous for a change!  Dig how beautiful it is out here.

OP: paragraphs are very useful.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• MetentsoMetentso Member UncommonPosts: 1,437
    If you have a whole genre that's gone to hell, what would you expect? Of course there is a lot of negativity.
  • CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437

I like being negative and critical, I don't understand why some people take offense to it. I don't like jumping into a herd and championing something, I will try to disect it first and see if I can see any flaws, and I don't mind pointing them out. Some people love everything, to me it's just irrational behavior, they just jump from one thing to the next, everything is awesome, well it's not, most things have flaws and suck, if everything was great there would be no progress. There is this stigma attached to being negative about things, although I get along fine with people who are negative with me, so the issue isn't with us ^-^.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    The real problem stems from the fact that most people don't know what they want, they just like to complain.  Hell, the reason that so many WoW clones exist, apart from companies trying to mimic Blizzard's success, is that people will eat that garbage up with a spoon.  Oh they'll say they want something different, but if/when something different comes out, you usually catch the same people complaining that the end game is different or PvP isn't the same, wahh wahh wahh.  Stick a pacifier in it, people, you're never going to be happy... not with GW2, not with AA, not with Titan.  You've simply fallen into a pattern of self-entitlement and whining for the sake of being heard.
  • IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Metentso
    If you have a whole genre that's gone to hell, what would you expect? Of course there is a lot of negativity.

Note that the argument is entirely circular; the premise is the same as the conclusion. 

Amazing, but this question will get check off on the essay exam.  D-

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• AdelbernAdelbern Member Posts: 85
    Originally posted by bansan

People, stop tearing your hair out.  It's anti-marketing, probably from brand x, and it happens at every launch.  They just want you fools to post in their thread so their inflamatory title scrolls up and it's all filled up with those titles to influence people like you."It's a wow clone.""It's too different.""it's unfinished.""Is P2W ruining the game?""Worst customer service ever!""I don't normally post, but this game is a failure!""Dumbed down.""Not enough content""I like this game, but the community is so aweful I refuse to play!""An honest opinion from an honest reviewer" (yeah, so everyone else's is not honest right?)Stop responding to them you fools.  Most of these are not real opinions.

^^ This is the answer. Ignore the trolls and enjoy whatever game youre playing.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    We negative energy vampires thrive on negativity, it only makes us stronger.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• thefinnthefinn Member Posts: 46

Take your meds bro.

• BlackWatchBlackWatch Member UncommonPosts: 972

Yes, there area  lot of craptastic games out there.  One could spend the majority of their lives making posts about how bad some of the games are.  But why the hell would you?  Why not just move on and play something else?  Take your time and make a solid post on the games official forums.  Post in a way that provides the developers with information that let's them know what you didn't/did like and maybe what they could change/improve.... then move on.

As others have said, the MMO community is really quite awful. People say whatever they want without any consideration for others at all.

I'd love to see MMORPG.COM set a trend.  I would love to see them mute all trolls. Take their forum/posting privileges away. If a poster just posts for the +1 or to try to start an argument... mute them. Block their IP/MAC address.

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

So what do you do when product 'X' is hyped up by the community of said product AND the developers?

Do you sit there and go "yea sure, sounds cool", do you allow them to continue spouting nonsense when you feel in your gut that it is?

With RIFT we had the same'ol same'ol of "AMAZING! This is going to be the best MMO for the next 10yrs!"....

With SWTOR we had the same'ol same'ol of "AMAZING! This is going to be the best MMO for the next 10yrs!"....

With AION we had the same'ol same'ol of "AMAZING! This is going to be the best MMO for the next 10yrs!"....

With TERA we had the same'ol same'ol of "AMAZING! This is going to be the best MMO for the next 10yrs!"....

With GW2 we had THIS GAME IS GOING TO BE THE SAVIOR OF OUR GENRE!

Guess what, the fact that you're complaining about people whom are trying to shut these unrealisticly bold-faced lies about the genre means that you don't want "Negative" criticism EVER. That will do WORSE than people complaining about product 'X'. If no one ever complained we'd be stuck with 1000000000 clones of World of Warcraft, and yet all the other gaming platforms & genres are evolving with technology.

Is the MMO industry evolving? Of course not when we have people like the OP who are willing to accept mediocrity passed off as a higher quality product because we're being told that it is.

I will not sit here and see the same product be re-skinned and pushed out time after time after time, and then be told that it is "innovative" and the "next step" for MMOs when it obviously is a bold-faced & outright LIE. I have a feeling that many people are the same way.

You have zero sympathy from me OP so you can go back to burrying your head in the sand & calling everything "Just Fine".

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by VirusDancer

Tom does not like Feature A in Game X.  Jerry loves Feature B in Game Y.  According to some, Tom should not be allowed to post - only Jerry should.

Hrmmmm...

The best part is the following:

Laurel does not like Feature C in Game Z.  Hardy loves Feature C in Game Z.

These threads go around and around, as Friends of Laurel and Friends of Hardy attempt to convince the other that they are "wrong" - when, er - it's a subjective thing.  It's not a right or wrong thing.  I do not like green beans.  Some people do.  Generally, we do not find the need to convince the other that they are wrong.  Gamers do it all the time though.

WAIT!!!! I thought we have 3 factions now.

Need to move your analogy to Larry Curly and Mo

--On Tpic--

The reason for all these negative threads is because for over a year now, this community has been subjected to a ridiculous amount of hype for GW2. One most memorable thread was the "Paradigm Shift" Thread.

Well, good as the game is, it's no paradigm shift and since each and every negative opinion that was ever presented in these boards of over a year had been squelched, ridiculed, trolled and in many cases, locked to shut the dissenters up.

Well, guess what? There is no way any game could ever live up to the level of hype this one got and now people are disappointed.

It's called backlash. It has happened with EVERY MMO released since WoW and now it's GW2's turn.

Maybe, if as a community, we welcome dissneting opinions and validate them and discuss them under the assumption that "OP" is justified, we can all come to a realistic expectaition of what's to come. But that did not happen here. Never does, and I don't particularly see it starting any time soon.

• UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066
    Originally posted by kabitoshin

GAAAAAAAAAAAWD DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG, Will y'all people ever be happy with an MMO? Probably not, every single time I check this site the title of a thread is bashing a game or unsatisfied about the game in general.  No MMO will capture your heart like the first on you played and spent countless hours on, I know MMO companies like to hear comments how to improve but daaaaaaaaaamn y'all take it too far and just try to destroy the MMO community. Go play a console game that has the same design as 100's of other console games, look at all the RPG games..... THEY ARE ALL THE SAME but a little different. Sick of all Y'alls "opinions",  if y'all dont like a game just don't play it and don't post a crappy thread about how you didn't enjoy it. What game besides rift has had a successful  launch,probably cause not many were interested in it. WoW didn't have a good launch, but look it's the most successful MMO granted cause they target the teenagers now. But all I'm just saying is stop with the negativety of an MMO cause you don't like it, Sure GW2 isn't as great as people praised it to be, but WoW didn't become the titan it is over a week, it took years for them to fix bugs that was annoying. If no MMO is better than the one you're playing now just stop trying others and keep playing it and quit posting your negative thread. It's better to have 5 good MMOs than 1 so we can all enjoy our "cup of tea".

So this is really a thread about GW2 and how everyone should like it as you do.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    if y'all dont like a game just don't play it and don't post a crappy thread about how you didn't enjoy it.

If this rule becomes implemented, I think we should also mandate  that you cannot post a good thread if you enjoy a game.

• xDayxxDayx Member Posts: 712

These forums are a mirror of society today, combine that with the aninimoty of the web and its a deadly concoction.

Not only that but you have certain internal groups at war....

Sandboxers vs Themeparkers

Old School vs New School

Sub'ers vs F2P'ers

• krakra70krakra70 Member Posts: 122
    Maybe GW2 isn't as good as you think it is?
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by xDayx

These forums are a mirror of society today, combine that with the aninimoty of the web and its a deadly concoction.

Not only that but you have certain internal groups at war....

Sandboxers vs Themeparkers

Old School vs New School

Sub'ers vs F2P'ers

Who ever said "Familiarity breeds contempt" never tried anonymity.

• SpellshaperSpellshaper Member UncommonPosts: 419
    Originally posted by kDeviL
    Welcome to the community of the MMO genre.  The most critical group of self-entitled peices of shit ever formed.  Honestly there's not a single other company or entertainment type with so many unhappy and unloved as children customers.

In MMOs itself community is often great, but on the forums there are the worst human piece of shit. Sadly it apply to any forum, not only MMORPG, but some are worse than others.

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    The problems arise when people cannot take both sides of the argument and just try to stop the other side from voicing their opinion. I don't go into threads talking about classes, gameplay, mechanics and any other subject that is genuinely about a game or the genre and start telling people they are talking crap when I have no experience with these things, I read the thread and learn about the game to make an informed opinion. But I do post in threads where people are trying to dismiss problems with a game, the genre as a whole, trashing the games for no real reason etc.. and voice my displeasure which is my right and that may seem negative but I also go into threads thats I have some experience of and try to contribute positively. I can only say pick and choose what threads to read and which ones to ignore its easier that way. 

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

Originally posted by BlackWatch

Yes, there area  lot of craptastic games out there.  One could spend the majority of their lives making posts about how bad some of the games are.  But why the hell would you?  Why not just move on and play something else?  Take your time and make a solid post on the games official forums.  Post in a way that provides the developers with information that let's them know what you didn't/did like and maybe what they could change/improve.... then move on.

As others have said, the MMO community is really quite awful. People say whatever they want without any consideration for others at all.

I'd love to see MMORPG.COM set a trend.  I would love to see them mute all trolls. Take their forum/posting privileges away. If a poster just posts for the +1 or to try to start an argument... mute them. Block their IP/MAC address.

This is not Stalinist Russia Blackwatch censorship is bad and who gives you the right to dictate who's a troll and who's not? Trolls to many are just posters who are critical towards their favorite game as seen in SW:TOR, TSW and GW2 forums over the past few months. I've just been called a troll and I'm geniunely not, I maybe forthright in my opinions but thats what I'm like in real life and I have posted positive threads on this forum one getting me the spotlight poster tag which I'm proud of actually. I like this forum because it cuts through the BS and there are rigorous and interesting debates all the time but some just cannot hack it it seems if you don't massage their ego's and agree with everything they say they get upset and whing that we are all whingers. 

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    Originally posted by Calerxes

Trolls to many are just posters who are critical towards their favorite game as seen in SW:TOR, TSW and GW2 forums over the past few months. 

I'm pretty sure Trolls don't give a flying fuck about whether their criticisms are right; they just love to set a topic ablaze with anger with their ability to misinform and deceive.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    Originally posted by Sylvarii
    GAAAAAAAAAAAWD DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG, Will y'all people ever be happy with an MMO? Probably not, every single time I check this site the title of a thread is bashing a game or unsatisfied about the game in general.  No MMO will capture your heart like the first on you played and spent countless hours on, I know MMO companies like to hear comments how to improve but daaaaaaaaaamn y'all take it too far and just try to destroy the MMO community. Go play a console game that has the same design as 100's of other console games, look at all the RPG games..... THEY ARE ALL THE SAME but a little different. Sick of all Y'alls "opinions",  if y'all dont like a game just don't play it and don't post a crappy thread about how you didn't enjoy it. What game besides rift has had a successful  launch,probably cause not many were interested in it. WoW didn't have a good launch, but look it's the most successful MMO granted cause they target the teenagers now. But all I'm just saying is stop with the negativety of an MMO cause you don't like it, Sure GW2 isn't as great as people praised it to be, but WoW didn't become the titan it is over a week, it took years for them to fix bugs that was annoying. If no MMO is better than the one you're playing now just stop trying others and keep playing it and quit posting your negative thread. It's better to have 5 good MMOs than 1 so we can all enjoy our "cup of tea".

So this is really a thread about GW2 and how everyone should like it as you do.

Looks like it.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

Originally posted by Enigmatus

Trolls, to many are just posters who are critical towards their favorite game as seen in SW:TOR, TSW and GW2 forums over the past few months. 

I'm pretty sure Trolls don't give a flying fuck about whether their criticisms are right; they just love to set a topic ablaze with anger with their ability to misinform and deceive.

Thats not what I meant I put a comma in where is should have been.

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919

Posters, to many people, are trolls who seem to hate their favorite game as seen in SW:TOR, TSW and GW2 forums over the past few months. 

Thats not what I meant I put a comma in where is should have been.

This might work better.

This discussion has been closed.