Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A change in your access pattern, I cant log in-help

eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
Actually this is about Diablo 3 , but it could apply to WOW also, I have not played in about 3 months, since than i bought a new computer and decided to download and play Diablo 3 again, I put in my email , my password and I get "there has been a change in your access pattern and your account has been locked"   WTF is say to myself and try to log into my account but since it is locked I cannot, it asks me to give the first 6 digits to my authentacator key (I think that is what is said), I dont know what that is so I put in my key to thte game and of course that does not work. I call Blizzard and they say "to busy call back later", is everybody having the same figigen problem?    I paid 60 for Diablo and 60 for Star wars 2 and I cannot even play, anyone have any ideas or should I just keep calling?

Comments

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    If you didn't put an authenticator on your account then it sounds like you've been hi-jacked. Best drop a mail to their support team and let em know.
  • hpy7871hpy7871 Member Posts: 14
    Keep calling they have good CS they can help you straighten it out in no time once you get through
  • fahadjafarfahadjafar Member Posts: 44
    go to your diablo 3 login screen in game again. try to login, they will show a pop up, from there select to answer your secret question and it will be fine. you might have to change your password once or twice before you can select the option to answer your secret question from drop down menu of the in game pop up. i had the same problem just a few days ago, changed password 3 times before the pop up let me choose secret answer. try it mate. 
  • eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    Originally posted by fahadjafar
    go to your diablo 3 login screen in game again. try to login, they will show a pop up, from there select to answer your secret question and it will be fine. you might have to change your password once or twice before you can select the option to answer your secret question from drop down menu of the in game pop up. i had the same problem just a few days ago, changed password 3 times before the pop up let me choose secret answer. try it mate. 

Actually it did pop up and there was a secret answer, the problem was I never chose a question.  They asked me what my child hood nick name was, I never would have chosen that question as I did not have a nick name, so I could not proceed.    I guess I will have to wait until monday when phone support is not so busy

• Jerek_Jerek_ Member Posts: 409
    Originally posted by eddieg50

Actually it did pop up and there was a secret answer, the problem was I never chose a question.  They asked me what my child hood nick name was, I never would have chosen that question as I did not have a nick name, so I could not proceed.    I guess I will have to wait until monday when phone support is not so busy

if it asked for an authenticator and you don't have one and your secret questions don't sound like something you set up I would start by going to https://us.battle.net and select the first option under account, can't log in? then select I think my account my have been hacked. on the next page.

Originally posted by Jerek_

if it asked for an authenticator and you don't have one and your secret questions don't sound like something you set up I would start by going to https://us.battle.net and select the first option under account, can't log in? then select I think my account my have been hacked. on the next page.

Thanks , I will give it a shot

Originally posted by Jerek_

Thanks , I will give it a shot

Tried it, and about half way in it asks me to contact customer support  LOL, oh well I will try monday

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

"there has been a change in your access pattern and your account has been locked"

This is usually triggerd by sudden changes in the IP range (i think the name is) and is a security measure the kicks in to block people that have a radically different IP then your self as this usually equals that your account have been hi-jacked but can also be triggerd if you use a proxy or VPN and then log in nomally.

Anyway... Get a authenticator... it is worth the money.

This have been a good conversation

Originally posted by tawess

"there has been a change in your access pattern and your account has been locked"

This is usually triggerd by sudden changes in the IP range (i think the name is) and is a security measure the kicks in to block people that have a radically different IP then your self as this usually equals that your account have been hi-jacked but can also be triggerd if you use a proxy or VPN and then log in nomally.

Anyway... Get a authenticator... it is worth the money.

I just bought a new computer, so that could be it, but yea it looks like I will have to spend extra money

• JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

OP, the authenticator is I think $6 US and shipping might be free. Very cheap for awesome peace of mind.

Much of the way Blizz's security is setup now is based on your IP address and the name and number of your computer. So when they don't match (as in your new pc), it would bring up the need for secondary authentication like security questions or authenticator.

I think you're hosed until Monday when you can get a hold of Blizz via phone. Sorry =/