Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

STOP IT

Comments

• LuciferIAmLuciferIAm Member UncommonPosts: 93
    Given I haven't read every post and thread on the forum but imo the biggest problem is just the blatant lies that 'anti' spew... and than other possibly real anti support them by saying "everyone has an opinion" and it goes around and around... Stop the misinformation!.
  • JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519

Hey forums stop with all these opinions. Lets all just agree to disagree and never post again. That way fanboi's can game under the illusion everyone loves their game as much as they do and haters can channel their hate in a more useful direction.

Or

Or

Or

We can all post out thoughts like it's a forum or something. Crazy.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by LuciferIAm
    Given I haven't read every post and thread on the forum but imo the biggest problem is just the blatant lies that 'anti' spew... and than other possibly real anti support them by saying "everyone has an opinion" and it goes around and around... Stop the misinformation!.

How do you make "Here's my opinion and here's why I feel this way" a blatant lie?

I'll give you that, some points are exaggerated and some are lies. But not everything is wrong or is a lie and most of it is simply opinion and this statement implys that dissenters are liars and fans tell the truth.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by Creslin321
    OMG this is driving crazy, it's like a freaking broken record at this point.  The same arguments over and over, and it's all because of two things that need to stop:Fans:   Stop implying that if someone dislikes the game they are wrong.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and this just drives the anti fans crazy.Anti-fans:  Stop trying to claim that the game is bad overall because YOU don't like it.  This is ridiculously egocentric, and given the fact that the game has a 93% on metacritic, is pretty ridiculous. If these two behaviors stop, 80% of the arguments here can be avoided.
    Heh, this has been said for every mmo released and discussed on these forums. But now its an mmo that you love so its your turn. Next mmo that comes out, it will be someone else fed up with the bullshit around here.
  • jondifooljondifool Member UncommonPosts: 1,143

Another solution when a forum get such an influx of posters, would be to have an oldtimers section where only oldtimers could post and where the oldtimers could have their old discussions and then they could just watch the fray in the main forum.

Or the oldtimers could just wait a month or 2 to things have settled down, and then they could begin to practise their rules of engagement again.

I will settle for the last option and mainly hide in other forums, until this one actual is able to deal with experience again

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

OMG this is driving crazy, it's like a freaking broken record at this point.  The same arguments over and over, and it's all because of two things that need to stop:

Fans:   Stop implying that if someone dislikes the game they are wrong.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and this just drives the anti fans crazy.

Anti-fans:  Stop trying to claim that the game is bad overall because YOU don't like it.  This is ridiculously egocentric, and given the fact that the game has a 93% on metacritic, is pretty ridiculous.

If these two behaviors stop, 80% of the arguments here can be avoided.

Creslin,

You should add this to Anti-fans:

Stop lying about game mechanics, features, and problems when you have not played the game yourself, or havent made it past level 10, and are simply relying on the word of random people on the internet that it is true.

Thats the part I take issue with. I know people simply dont like particular things in different games. I dont like things in a lot of games, even the ones I played for years. My issues are generally with people who flat out make up things, or were misinformed by someone else about things, and continue spreading the misinformation.

Perfect example: Ive seen several posts by different people claiming you can only turn your camera with RMB.

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

It would be nifty to have a forums where the game could actually be discussed amongst the community here.  This certainly aint it.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    All this forum activity for GW2 is classic MMORPG trend.  You really shouldn't be surprised about the amount of negative and positive threads about this game, which right now is easily biased towards teh negative.  I do know that people are mostly predictable about trends and for now it's fashionable to dislike what's popular.  Look at WoW.  One of the biggest successes in the MMORPG market wether people want to admit it or not, yet out of the all the millions of players that game has, the ratio of people here at MMORPG.com that say that game sucks or is trash will probably make you think that only a small fraction of people actually play the game.  Once someone says a game is good it's like blood in the water.  People will soon jump on the thread and say it sucks, then get mad or act confused that people for defending it.  Sure it goes both ways, but come on.... when you can look at the forums and see the tons of threads already stating how the game sucks or is lacking, is it REALLY neccassary to start yet another thread basically saying the same thing?  There is a point at which things get out of hand.  It seems these posts are mostly out of spite now and are just hard to take serious anymore.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

We're in that time period right now where people have played the game for some length of time and have established whether they like it or not.

All the players with grievances need a place to vent them, hence: here.

It pretty much happened for every MMO launch I know of.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

Anti-fans:  Stop trying to claim that the game is bad overall because YOU don't like it.  This is ridiculously egocentric, and given the fact that the game has a 93% on metacritic, is pretty ridiculous.

Sorry OP but that made me laugh so much. So because several review sites say the game is good (have you actually read those reviews, i have seen more detail in a five year olds story book compared to some of those) it has to be that way for everyone, no-one could possibly not like the game? There are nearly 1000 good user reviews which hold more weight in my opinion than the magazine site reviews, but there are also over 130 bad reviews which are just as valid.

I don't play it myself at the moment, but i am watching it with interest and will probably buy when things have calmed down a little, but in the mean time i am listening to both sides of the arguments as they both have merit and that is the general idea of forums like this that are not controlled by the game companies themselves in that people are free to express their opinion and others are free to express theirs in return.

There are those on here that will turn almost anything into an 'argument' given half a chance, but there are also some healthy debates to be had as well.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• Evil_MoDoEvil_MoDo Member Posts: 72

OMG this is driving crazy, it's like a freaking broken record at this point.  The same arguments over and over, and it's all because of two things that need to stop:

Fans:   Stop implying that if someone dislikes the game they are wrong.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and this just drives the anti fans crazy.

I think the OP almost has it right, but he also sounds like one of the fans with this post. I have no problem with players giving their opinions, however..

What I don't like about some fans: The ones that will defend the game to no end. Even if what was said is slightly true/fact. The fan will never admit to it, or he will admit to it but give a bad reason that thinks he has countered the argument. Sorry but NO game will ever be that perfect. Not even gw2. Acknowledge the negative opinion sometimes when the proof is in your face. You already like the game, negative comments can't change your mind.

What I don't like about anti-fans/haters: That they can't seem to understand because "he/she" does not like the game, this person thinks the game is a fail and everyone should agree with him/her no matter what review the game has gotten. 95% of all players could say they love the game but this person is still bent on "the game will go free in a few months/year". Sorry but you haters need to just tell your opinion in a contructive manner and move on and stop hanging around the forums "of the game you hate so much" just to hate some more.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

I generally block the obvious haters.  And so I'm left with being really annoyed with those people who  can't find faults in teh game or in how some people like to play it.  It will never stop.

• Requiem1066Requiem1066 Member Posts: 274
    Originally posted by kaiser3282

Creslin,

You should add this to Anti-fans:

Stop lying about game mechanics, features, and problems when you have not played the game yourself, or havent made it past level 10, and are simply relying on the word of random people on the internet that it is true.

Should add to Fans:

Stop telling people they are playing the game wrong. It's an MMO not rocket science. You don't need to be a part of MENSA to play. There is no right or wrong way to play an MMO .. there is only " your own way "

If player X wants to run around naked killing nothing but rabbits while humming Lady Gaga .. Then he/she is playing the game right for themselves, and it's not up to anyone else to dictate how they should be doing it.

• HyperwolfHyperwolf Member UncommonPosts: 120

You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks.

- Winston Churchill

Edit: Back to the game for me. 

You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks
    ~ WC

• Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026
    Originally posted by Enigmatus

Well to be fair about the metacritic thing, critics aren't always accurate (or they are even blatantly untruthful in their reviews), and a high initial score doesn't necessarily mean the game will/can last.

How is that fair?

• Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026
    Originally posted by jason_webb

Sorry OP but that made me laugh so much. So because several review sites say the game is good (have you actually read those reviews, i have seen more detail in a five year olds story book compared to some of those) it has to be that way for everyone, no-one could possibly not like the game? There are nearly 1000 good user reviews which hold more weight in my opinion than the magazine site reviews, but there are also over 130 bad reviews which are just as valid.

I don't play it myself at the moment, but i am watching it with interest and will probably buy when things have calmed down a little, but in the mean time i am listening to both sides of the arguments as they both have merit and that is the general idea of forums like this that are not controlled by the game companies themselves in that people are free to express their opinion and others are free to express theirs in return.

There are those on here that will turn almost anything into an 'argument' given half a chance, but there are also some healthy debates to be had as well.

And you totally gloss over the first part of his post...

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155

Also add: stop trying to ridicule anyone for any reason whatsoever; this includes sarcastic comments. 

• 7star7star Member Posts: 405
    Originally posted by Johnie-Marz

Common sense and reason... it'll never work.

This

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940

holy cow, you realize what mmmorpg forum is all about , trophy for you sir!

• shinkanshinkan Member UncommonPosts: 240

This was a useful post and i can see things will get much better on this page after this lecture.

• TheIronLegionTheIronLegion Member Posts: 269
    Originally posted by m0lly

holy cow, you realize what mmmorpg forum is all about , trophy for you sir!

Daily figuring stuff out +786exp +156karma +15 copper. What? only 15?!?

• NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790
    Originally posted by shinkan

This was a useful post and i can see things will get much better on this page after this lecture.

*chuckles*

People are fighting over WOW for 8 years..GW2 is just 2 weeks old.

Bite Me

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Nikkita

*chuckles*

Just you wait, next week it will be 'GW2 has peaked on xfire!'

in fairness though, i've noticed that the comments using xfire as some kind of argument have mysteriously disappeared.. maybe it has peaked on xfire already image

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

Give it time to calm down, we are only two weeks in, it's a new toy for people to bash or be over zealous about protecting it. It's way too easy to get annoyed about both sides so I'm reading, turning away and going back to the game, pointless me commenting on most posts as either it will be the same tired arguments or the constructive comments have already been made.

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by Phry
    Originally posted by Nikkita

*chuckles*

Just you wait, next week it will be 'GW2 has peaked on xfire!'

in fairness though, i've noticed that the comments using xfire as some kind of argument have mysteriously disappeared.. maybe it has peaked on xfire already image

That's because MMORPG.com deemed xfire threads lead to too much debate about the validity of xfire numbers, which is why they prefer having it in the PUB-section over any section at all.

This discussion has been closed.