Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

STOP IT

Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

OMG this is driving crazy, it's like a freaking broken record at this point.  The same arguments over and over, and it's all because of two things that need to stop:

Fans:   Stop implying that if someone dislikes the game they are wrong.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and this just drives the anti fans crazy.

Anti-fans:  Stop trying to claim that the game is bad overall because YOU don't like it.  This is ridiculously egocentric, and given the fact that the game has a 93% on metacritic, is pretty ridiculous.

If these two behaviors stop, 80% of the arguments here can be avoided.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

Comments

• Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Originally posted by Creslin321

OMG this is driving crazy, it's like a freaking broken record at this point.  The same arguments over and over, and it's all because of two things that need to stop:

Fans:   Stop implying that if someone dislikes the game they are wrong.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and this just drives the anti fans crazy.

Anti-fans:  Stop trying to claim that the game is bad overall because YOU don't like it.  This is ridiculously egocentric, and given the fact that the game has a 93% on metacritic, is pretty ridiculous.

Common sense and reason... it'll never work.

• KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777

We're human btw.

• Justin83xJustin83x Member Posts: 406

Come on man you, and I both know that won't happen your dreaming lol. People in general on the internet love to fight, this site more than others.

Originally posted by Justin83x

Come on man you, and I both know that won't happen your dreaming lol. People in general on the internet love to fight, this site more than others.

You obviously have never been on a political forum, this place is cake.

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    Ppl is still fighting over WoW after 8 years ......

RIP Orc Choppa

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919

Well to be fair about the metacritic thing, critics aren't always accurate (or they are even blatantly untruthful in their reviews), and a high initial score doesn't necessarily mean the game will/can last.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

I know man, I know,  I just want to have a different fight at this point lol :).  I've been having the same fight since bwe1 at this point.

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

If that happened this forum would dry up and become a ghost town.

Its ALL about opinions everyone has one and most of them stink.

ie we all know theres only one way to play GW2 some people just need to be told that they aren't playing it correctly and how they should play it ;)

• Justin83xJustin83x Member Posts: 406
    Originally posted by Johnie-Marz

Lol, you sir are correct. I just meant in my experience in general. I prolly should've added that lol.

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692

How dare you make sense on these forums especially.  Unfortunately it is this way with every game.  Just gotta cut through BS and read between the lines to get to truth is all.

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

you tell people to stop, but what you really mean is people stop bashing the game.  You act like you want to mediate peace, but bring up the already-debunked metacritic argument?

give me a break.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

The way some people behave on this site, and the fact that this site is basically an open colliseum for verbal warfare, helps ensure that MMORPG.com will never be taken seriously in this industry.

This is why, despite every effort, featurettes like the MMOFTW cast are looked upon as not worthwhile (the ultra cheeseball intro doesn't help, but hey, Bill seems to think people like it). It is also a large part of the reason why Gamebreaker and similar entities have been so successful, they don't draw in the same crowd of people that this site does and they take there jobs over there seriously.

My point is this: you'll never get this site to a point where people are generally civil to one another without heavy handed moderation from a staff large enough to police the entire forum 24/7.

That won't happen, so you might as well stop hoping and accept that things here are the way they will always be.

Originally posted by adam_nox

you tell people to stop, but what you really mean is people stop bashing the game.  You act like you want to mediate peace, but bring up the already-debunked metacritic argument?

give me a break.

Did you read the whole post or only the part you wanted to see?

Also, how have you "debunked" the "myth" of critical reviews.

btw, this is really cool; I have been waiting a while for a big fight over how we shoudn't fight. *eats popcorn*
  • ZuvielifyZuvielify Member Posts: 168

Here's the issue (and really, the issue with USA in general):

Too many people believe their opinion is the only valid opinion. They are entirely unwilling to see the validity in any of the other side's argument. Sure, sometimes what the other person is arguing makes zero sense, and so you should take apart their argument with logic, not insult.

Examples:

GW2 is a horrible game because it has no classic trinity.

GW2 is an amazing game because it has no classic trinity.

Dynamic events are totally different from anything else out there

Dynamic events are the same as quest hubs with just a different skin

Here's the reality, the lack of classic trinity just makes the game different. I'm not even sure I like it yet, but it doesn't really make the game good or bad. It makes it different.  

As far as dynamic events are concerned, both are true.

Just stop fighting about it. And if you have to argue, argue constructively. Condescension will not take you far in the real world, and it won't take you far here either. Nobody likes an ass. 

btw, this is really cool; I have been waiting a while for a big fight over how we shoudn't fight. *eats popcorn*

It's a meta fight lol.

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

Then what would be the point of coming to these forums?

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

Haha. So true.  Try IRC politics though. Real-time haters & fanboys fighting. :p

As for the OP..  This is a discussion forum afterall, so there's always going to be people talking about the game, whether they like or dislike, love or hate it.  Just don't let it get to you. :p

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

I truly respect what you are trying to do with this thread, but I feel you are still coming across one sided.

The "Anti-Fans" are not any more or less egocentric than the fans for saying the game is good vs bad. Both are opinions JUST opinions. And it's this sentiment that is what's pissing off people. Because it sounds like you are saying the words it's ok not to like the game but you aren't taking them to heart.

To me it sounds like It's ok to say the game is good, but it's egocentric to say it's bad. 

And can we just leave metacritic out of any and all references to justify the game's popularity? We all know how popular GW2 is by now. and Metacritic is just not reliable.

Ultimately...It boils down to respecting people...Not just their opinions.

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Kinda hard to respect people when quite a few of them from both sides seem to love adding TNT to a raging inferno, if you catch my drift.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Enigmatus
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Kinda hard to respect people when quite a few of them from both sides seem to love adding TNT to a raging inferno, if you catch my drift.

Well, I said that, but it's not like I honestly expect people to go.....

Ohhhhhhh.......**EPIPHANY** (Queue the angel choir and god rays)

• gtompkins48gtompkins48 Member Posts: 14
    All I know is that the majority of people in-game are happy and that server population is going up. These people at mmorpg.com aren't happy with ANY game, let them complain with eachother and be miserable. 
  • LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085
    A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Good luck with that OP.

I don't think that people who want to rage about a game on this forum, first carefully read other threads. So yours not either.  They post and rage and often don't even come back to the their thread afterwards to see what is commented.Just let it go imo or have fun commenting back.

This discussion has been closed.