Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have any single race guilds popped up yet?

Justin83xJustin83x Member Posts: 406

So here I sit waiting for my computer to come in so I can play GW2, and I was wondering something I discussed on here several months ago. Have any single race guilds started up? The reason I ask is because, back then people were saying for the most part that a single race guild wouldn't work. That was without anyone having really played that much. Now that the game has been out for a little over a week now, have things changed?

P.S. not a discussion about likes or dislikes of the game. Please say on topic.

Comments

• Justin83xJustin83x Member Posts: 406
    Bump.

• LokbergLokberg Member Posts: 315

Well i dont see anything working against a single race guild since there is no real trait that make one race better to be any class and they can be all classes.

But on the other hand why would you want a single race guild, could be rollplay reasons but seems to be shooting your self in the foot to limit what people you can have in the guild.

Not saying I want one, or to be in one. I just think it would be cool to see an all Charr guild, or maybe all Norn.

Really no one has seen this yet?

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

My guild is Human's only.  Also it has two members.

Edit: Personally I'd be more interested in a Permadeath guild.  Something to add some sort of challenge or difficulty factor to this happy rainbow everybody wins everything game.

Originally posted by kadepsyson

Edit: Personally I'd be more interested in a Permadeath guild.  Something to add some sort of challenge or difficulty factor to this happy rainbow everybody wins everything game.

Lol, only 2 people huh? Is your guild going to stay human only? Or is that just what has joined so far?

Originally posted by Justin83x

Lol, only 2 people huh? Is your guild going to stay human only? Or is that just what has joined so far?

It's going to stay that way.  I don't recruit :D

More of a it just happened that way kind of thing than intentional haha

• SheepduckSheepduck Member Posts: 32
    There's an Asura and Sylvari only RP guild on tarnished coast. I'm not a member but I've seen them recruiting since the headstart
    Lol, these things make me happy. I had another thread on here awhile back before launch and most people were saying it couldn't work, or it goes against the lore those sorta things. Glad it's been proven wrong.

Lol, these things make me happy. I had another thread on here awhile back before launch and most people were saying it couldn't work, or it goes against the lore those sorta things. Glad it's been proven wrong.

Are guilds account wide?  That is, if I join with my Asura, and make a Human on my account, would I then be a Human in an Asura only guild automatically?  :)

• Calhoun619Calhoun619 Member Posts: 126

On Anvil Rock there is a female Norn only guild called <Death By Snu Snu>

I want in but no female norns for me =(

Love the Futurama reference though

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150

So here I sit waiting for my computer to come in so I can play GW2, and I was wondering something I discussed on here several months ago. Have any single race guilds started up? The reason I ask is because, back then people were saying for the most part that a single race guild wouldn't work. That was without anyone having really played that much. Now that the game has been out for a little over a week now, have things changed?

P.S. not a discussion about likes or dislikes of the game. Please say on topic.

Not sure what the point would be.  It might be cool to be an all Asura guild - but go pvp and you'll still be fighting Asura.  Developers don't really care about variation these days, i.e., kill the same races and classes as you in every mmorpg since Dark Age of Camelot.

Are guilds account wide?  That is, if I join with my Asura, and make a Human on my account, would I then be a Human in an Asura only guild automatically?  :)

Sorry that I do not know, as I said in my op I haven't got to play yet. I am currently waiting on my computer to come in before i can play.

There's no reason why it wouldn't work, there's no racial classes. It's just a lot more difficult to recruit, sounds like a fun concept for an RP guild

Originally posted by Calhoun619

On Anvil Rock there is a female Norn only guild called

I want in but no female norns for me =(

Love the Futurama reference though

That's one of the best ideas I've ever heard, awesome reference

Originally posted by Sheepduck

There's no reason why it wouldn't work, there's no racial classes. It's just a lot more difficult to recruit, sounds like a fun concept for an RP guild

I know and that was always part of my arguement. People still swore n,o it won't work, some races will be better at some classes and wild crazy things like that people would say lol.

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    It's a bit hard, because guilds are account-wide. If you join a guild, all your characters automatically get into the guild.
    Originally posted by birdycephon
    It's a bit hard, because guilds are account-wide. If you join a guild, all your characters automatically get into the guild.

Just wanted to add that yes guilds are account wide, but you don't have to represent the guild with alt toons. Each new toon you make you can actually join, and represent other guilds while keeping the first toon in the first guild. So it's very possible to be in multiable guilds on the same account.

• LethalJaxxLethalJaxx Member Posts: 105

I'm on Piken Square (EU-RP server), and can definately confirm there are race only guilds, usually with a naming convention that fits the race. I think you'll find these guilds mainly on RP servers, since outside of RP it serves no real purpose.

As to answer the question if all of your account is automatically joined to a guild, the answer is yes. However, you can choose to never represent a thematic guild with your other characters, so those characters will never appear on the roster, and will never be seen affilliated with that guild in any way.

• TheIronLegionTheIronLegion Member Posts: 269
    Oddly enough our guild is called the "League of Moderately Talented Interracial People". Clever, no?