Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 did one, game breaking, thing wrong

TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321

I went to WoW, and logged off after getting into combat. Couldn't dodge at all.

Guild Wars 2, broke not just WoW for me...but all other outdated formula games.

THAT is game breaking.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Comments

• VaultarVaultar Member Posts: 339
    Another game breaking thing about this game is that I cannot play any other games while I have GW2. Sigh. Truly Game breaking.

Looking forward to EQL and EQN.

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

Even though I am having fun in GW2 with some old friends, I still find it easy to play my other mmo titles like EVE and TSW, maybe because those 2 games are different settings that GW2.

Now of course with WoW: MoP expansion coming out at the end of this month, I will definitely check it out, but may cut into my GW2 gaming since both are high fantasy mmo's and I can only take so much high fantasy mmo's at this point.

• koljanekoljane Member UncommonPosts: 171

After doing 4-5 quest hubs in GW2 where i mostly did "random events" that were good 1st 2-3 sesions and hitting level 28, ah... yea and collecting stones, kegs, rabbits, mices and other "cute"animals for "who realy gives a damn" NPC, I logged in WOW and even that content is used to the max I saw why GW2 have a taste of a cheep brandy :(

But.. HEY !!! You buy and you play for FREE that is all that matters :D

• Requiem1066Requiem1066 Member Posts: 274
    Originally posted by koljane

After doing 4-5 quest hubs in GW2 

Oh you didn't just call them quest hubs :o  

* get's fire extinguisher ready *

• LokbergLokberg Member Posts: 315
    Originally posted by koljane

After doing 4-5 quest hubs in GW2 where i mostly did "random events" that were good 1st 2-3 sesions and hitting level 28, ah... yea and collecting stones, kegs, rabbits, mices and other "cute"animals for "who realy gives a damn" NPC, I logged in WOW and even that content is used to the max I saw why GW2 have a taste of a cheep brandy :(

But.. HEY !!! You buy and you play for FREE that is all that matters :D

Wait a minute quest hubs *taps brow while thinking* Gw2 is not the game you have been playing my friend

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Requiem1066

whos with me?   grabs pitchfork and torch

• TheIronLegionTheIronLegion Member Posts: 269
    Originally posted by Nadia

*Grabs a noose and a bible* "STONE HIM!"

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Originally posted by TheIronLegion
    Originally posted by Nadia

*Grabs a noose and a bible* "STONE HIM!"

*hears it in Sparta voice*

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Hearts on Map = Quest Hub
  • SiderasSideras Member Posts: 231
    Now go play Dark Souls and you won't be able to enjoy any other single player RPGs either. Welcome to my world, do love it though really makes good devs shine.
  • NukewrkNukewrk Member Posts: 18
    Originally posted by TheScavenger

I went to WoW, and logged off after getting into combat. Couldn't dodge at all. Guild Wars 2, broke not just WoW for me...but all other outdated formula games. THAT is game breaking.

Sorry to burst your little bubble not the 1st mmo to have dodge. Go checkout Tera.
  • hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

THAT is game breaking.

Looks like you didnt played AoC, that was a Dodge system, or even TSW  they have pretty much the same system, but they did it 1st. 

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Originally posted by hikaru77

THAT is game breaking.

Looks like you didnt played AoC, that was a Dodge system, or even TSW  they have pretty much the same system, but they did it 1st. 

AoC tortage was AMAZING. After that it used the same FORMULA. And it was just bad after that.

Never played TSW, but reminds me too much of SWTOR....want story...want more than story. But I can't fully comment, never played it. Maybe there is more to it than story. Those who have, like it a lot...so...

TERA combat I heard is the best. And heard it was VERY grindy. I want GOOD, action combat. I want MORE than good action combat.

Its more than dodge and combat for me...I just didn't elaborate more, outside of using the word "formula". Which one word pretty much describes it all...at least for me it does. Whether that makes sense to anyone else...well...