Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

this game is like swtor.

this game is like swtor, great mission stories until you finished all the missions in the game. Then it became dungeon grind.

Remeber when swtor first came out? it came out with 7 nightmade mode flashpoints (dungeons) at end game, and warzones pvp. This game's pvp is almost nonexistence, and at end game where you finished all the great mission stories for your characters you have to grind nightmade mode dungeons there is 7 or 8 of them, when swtor released there was no raids until 2 patches later. well tsw is doing the same thing swtor does there is a raid coming up. De ja vu anyone? 

There is no way anyone would pay $15 a month to grind out 8 nightmare mode dungeons.

Missions are great then end game= goes down the toliet. there was a reason why swtor has mass exodus from playerbase.

Comments

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

I love this game, but it's true that it very quickly just becomes a dungeon game for gear you don't really even need for anything.  No thanks.  

They built a game where you don't even really need an alt, then they forgot to make it a social game in other ways.  Just like we've all been saying, these companies can't keep up with the consumption of content in these games.  They are going to have to start turning to more sandboxy or 'emergent gameplay' features to build longevity.

For this particular title, this was a *huge* missed opportunity.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    what mmo these days ISNT like that?
  • Tabloid42Tabloid42 Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Originally posted by ArcheAgeFan

this game is like swtor, great mission stories until you finished all the missions in the game. Then it became dungeon grind.

MMO's that turn into dungeon grinds is not exclusive to SWTOR.

Even If TSW is 'like" Swtor in that respect,..it's a much better game, IMHO.   Swtor was insulting to me, absolutely everything seemed rehashed and stale.

If I am gonna dungeon grind, I'd rather do it in TSW, tbh.

• MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415
    Originally posted by tank017

Guess OP forgot that's what themeparks are like. Eventually content runs out and you're left grinding the same content for higher tiers of gear. The only difference is GW2, but then you just replace gear tier with cosmetic anyway, so.

Kind off funny when you see his user name is ArcheAgeFan. Fortunatly he's waiting for teh same game as me for longetivy. I think.

EDIT: BTW, haven't bought TSW yet, but did play beta, so don't know about endgame. However, i have read alot out it already, so i believe it is somewhat so. But OP, you already made a thread that is exactly like this one:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/362428/page/1

I ahve no problem with discussing any game and whatever flaws and problems it might have, but making a topic to discuss the same matters you already did before is indeed what one calls trolling and hate spaming.

• Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865

I am in Kingsmouth and enjoying the game. (I like that you can find quests everywhere if you look, not just in some quest hub)

I am curious how it will be later on when I hit "END GAME." I know it has planned regular updates adding content so we will see.

• DreskestDreskest Member Posts: 69

Well, assuming nobody will pay $15 because you won't is plain silly.

Yes, the gear grind is there, just like pretty much every other MMO out there, and that includes the recently released GW2.

And in case you didn't notice, all these gear grinds are really optional. In TSW you'll need that gear grind, but only if you're into nightmare content, otherwise you don't really need that gear.

I am not interested in any kind of gear grind in any MMO, and TSW is no exception, especially being able to unlock epic gear immediately on test server lol.

I play TSW because of the modern day setting, and because of its story-driven gameplay. About 90% of the content is repeatable, and I have a really good time replaying a bunch of content everyday, because all the story elements are really nicely done (writing, voice acting, cutscenes).

I run dungeons regularly, but on elite mode, and just for fun. As I said before, I have no interest in running dungeons for gear.

I also craft a lot, playing with different customization options to try them on a multitude of different decks I have.

As for pvp, it's not as popular as other games, I believe TSW really shines in pve. But I still go to Fusang everyday for some quick pvp, and I never have problems having some fun there. To me, PvP is just a distraction, so I don't need any complicated pvp mechanics to have a good time for a few minutes.

So I think there are quite a few options in TSW and not just a few nightmare modes at the end of the storyline, but it's totally understandable that some people won't be pleased or won't think there's enough and leave.

I think it's just the way it goes with every single MMO out there.

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

SWTOR's world never felt right for me, the normal missions were boring as sin, the entire game was small, VERY linear and lifeless and the only redeeming thing were the storyline missions.

TSW has far more engrossing and varied missions, up till the end of Transylvania the game was great fun, then the missions dried up and the grind began, pvp is a joke in TSW and the game died on it's arse. I preferred SWTOR's flashpoints to TSW's dungeons, at least those had some interresting stories running through them, TSW's dungeon stories seem lazy and little more than an afterthought.

For me the bigger problem with both games at "end-game" was none of the bosses felt epic and all the mechanics were easily overcome, both games were level/gear checks but badly done.

Still, i got enough enjoyment out of both games to justify the box price...but not a subs fee.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ZarriyaZarriya Member UncommonPosts: 446
    Originally posted by MMOwanderer
    Originally posted by tank017

Guess OP forgot that's what themeparks are like. Eventually content runs out and you're left grinding the same content for higher tiers of gear. The only difference is GW2, but then you just replace gear tier with cosmetic anyway, so.

Kind off funny when you see his user name is ArcheAgeFan. Fortunatly he's waiting for teh same game as me for longetivy. I think.

EDIT: BTW, haven't bought TSW yet, but did play beta, so don't know about endgame. However, i have read alot out it already, so i believe it is somewhat so. But OP, you already made a thread that is exactly like this one:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/362428/page/1

I ahve no problem with discussing any game and whatever flaws and problems it might have, but making a topic to discuss the same matters you already did before is indeed what one calls trolling and hate spaming.

good job MMOwanderer

I have played both games, i do enjoy TSW endgame more. I would have liked to see more "other things" to do in both games.  I am still exploring and enjoying TSW so it is not an isssue yet, and yes i have been doing NM modes for quite some time.

• FreezzoFreezzo Member UncommonPosts: 235

OP, did you ever play SWTOR? SWTOR released with 1 raid, the second being added the first patch. Hereby I disregard the fact that the second had only one boss at launch (didn't count it). These are Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace. These raids have 3 difficulty levels: normal, now story, hard and nightmare mode. Flashpoints at 50 have a normal (or story if you prefer) and a hard mode.

Other than getting your facts straight I agree. I enjoyed the missions/quests and atmosphere on both games, but play neither now :)

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." - John F. Kennedy
    And for MMORPGs ever so true...

• redman875redman875 Member Posts: 230

this game is like A THEMEPARK MMORPG, great mission stories until you finished all the missions in the game. Then it became dungeon grind.

Remeber when swtor first came out? it came out with 7 nightmade mode flashpoints (dungeons) at end game, and warzones pvp. This game's pvp is almost nonexistence, and at end game where you finished all the great mission stories for your characters you have to grind nightmade mode dungeons there is 7 or 8 of them, when swtor released there was no raids until 2 patches later. well tsw is doing the same thing swtor does there is a raid coming up. De ja vu anyone? 

There is no way anyone would pay $15 a month to grind out 8 nightmare mode dungeons.

Missions are great then end game= goes down the toliet. there was a reason why swtor has mass exodus from playerbase.

Fixed in red.  Carry on.

• UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571

While I agree the games end game is like every other endgame I don't really understand what else they can do?  Even old school MMORPG's used the PvP or dungeon/raid formula.  Even Sandbox's use this formula.  EVE for example has mission running/scanning for explorable areas.  End game is inherently just the same.

Can anyone think of some cool ways to spice up end game? Because it is litterally like this in EVERY single MMO themepark or sandbox.  It honestly doesnt really bother me though.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

That is the most assinine statement I have ever read on these boards.  I'm a fan of both games and they are almost nothing alike with the exception that both are themeparks. The setting of the games are different, combat is different, profession and skill systems are different, AI is different, complexity is different, crafting is different ,missions are different,leveling is different, one has chat bubbles while the other doesn't..... 

Sorry if I come off as rude, but that statement makes as much sense as saying "McDonalds and  Dennys are the same because they both serve hamburgers."

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    You've already made this topic before, not long ago. This is just pot-stirring. http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/362428/page/1 

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.