Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HELP! There's no good mmoRPG's left...

2»

Comments

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519

Even if Vanilla relaunched I wouldn't play it. I compare all these games to WoW because I don't want WoW let alone a bad clone of it.

VG would have been perfect if devs gave a crap about anything but the cash shop. Look at the poor excuses for patches, they almost contain nothing important other then tweaking the cash shop. The game is dead even with the influx it's not enough for passable grouping. I've never encountered lazier devs in any game then VG. They need to either fire them all or let the game die, must choose 1.

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    Originally posted by JimmyYO
    Originally posted by Jemcrystal

You are in the same boat as the rest of us.

I'm waiting for ArcheAge, Elderscrolls Online, and Otherland to come out.

Yeah I figured as much, was just hoping there was some gem I missed. Oh yeah I played FFXI but found the game to be extremely boring for some reason. Just me though.

FFXI fits your only requisite to a tee, and using the excuse "boring for some reason" doesn't give those willing to help much to go on. Maybe flesh out what your looking for more?

• DeolusDeolus Member UncommonPosts: 392

I can't believe you did very much in EQ2 with what you said there. How far did you get in EQ2? Personally I think it's a very group friendly game but only if you want to group.

'too spammy' - please elaborate. Most games these days are a lot worse.

'mostly a bad wow clone' - both games were developed and  released at the same time. How can it be a wow clone?

If someone were to say to me you can pick one mmorpg and only one, I would pick EQ2.

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    Honestly it just sounds to me that you are chasing a phantom MMO,at this point. Maybe you should try checking back within a few years, or just retry those MMOs you claim are terrible and see if you change your mind about them to any degree.
  • Bior337Bior337 Member Posts: 25
    Originally posted by Deolus

I can't believe you did very much in EQ2 with what you said there. How far did you get in EQ2? Personally I think it's a very group friendly game but only if you want to group.

'too spammy' - please elaborate. Most games these days are a lot worse.

'mostly a bad wow clone' - both games were developed and  released at the same time. How can it be a wow clone?

If someone were to say to me you can pick one mmorpg and only one, I would pick EQ2.

Because they have since designed EQ2 to be more like WoW. Same way DAoC became a WoW clone.

• Bior337Bior337 Member Posts: 25
    Originally posted by JimmyYO

VG would have been perfect if devs gave a crap about anything but the cash shop. Look at the poor excuses for patches, they almost contain nothing important other then tweaking the cash shop. The game is dead even with the influx it's not enough for passable grouping. I've never encountered lazier devs in any game then VG. They need to either fire them all or let the game die, must choose 1.

I've been forming pugs every day since the FTP launch, without even hunting for players.

Look at the pages upon pages of patch notes detailing bug fixes and new content.

You trolls are getting lazy...

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Try the TSW free trial

Best pve going imo, although I am mainly a pvper.

Give it time, seems solo friendly at first, but you need to group for outdoor pve later

It doesn't have raids, but.. the dungeons ate Rock hard compared to say wow and gw2

really? wow i could swear GW2 Dungeons are the hardest since EQ in my opinion

especially the Explorable mode, it's unforgiving up to a point that it's not only hard, but annoying

So What Now?

• DangerNobuoDangerNobuo Member UncommonPosts: 96

I'm sorry but I just can't relate.

You can still play the older games that give you great nostalgia.

You can still play Classic Everquest.

You can still play Classic Dark Age of Camelot.

You can still play Vanilla World of Warcraft.

You can still play Classic Ultima Online.

You can still play Classic Lineage 2.

And you can still play pre-NGE Star Wars Galaxies.

Hell, Ragnarok Online even released an official classic server.

I'm sure there are others that I haven't even mentioned but as I implied earlier these gems have not been lost to time.

If this is the experience you want, you can find it.

You just have to look for it.

Edit: If I were going to pay a subscription fee to play a game I would be playing Final Fantasy XI and/or Final Fantasy XIV.

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    Originally posted by VirusDancer

Part of the issue that you will run into with proclaiming games as WoW clones is that hardly anything was original in WoW.  So, you're going to be facing issues in regard to that being very vague.  What particular features of WoW do you not like - how do you feel that other games have utilized those same features, etc, etc, etc...

I feel OP's problem isn't that it's similar to WoW but that he has played it before...in WoW. If he passed on it in WoW, he'll pass on it elsewhere as well. Does it matter where it came from? he experienced it. Maybe not at the source but he experienced it somewhere.

I know every RTS is basically a Dune 2 clone. I did play Dune 2. But very briefly. so I'd relate a new RTS to a game like Red Alert which I played extensively. Simply because i experienced the core RTS features there more than at the original source.

Going back to Dune 2 and even Red Alert for RTS games is a far cry from going with WoW for MMORPGs though.

As for whether it was something the OP first experienced in WoW or not though, it still comes down to it being very vague.  What was experienced?  That's missing... it could be almost anything - it could be something that many consider to be core to MMORPGs since the late 90s through today.  Without knowing what the OP's talking about though, how can we talk about what the OP's talking about?

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Well sorry op but you missed the best ,most complete mmo experience in FFXi.It is no longer the same game it has changed like flipping a light switch.

I believe MOST will find something in Archeage when it comes,however i already see many areas of concern.I do however think AA will offer more than the usual 1-2 month of content we see from games of late.Geesh some are not even offering a full month,2 weeks players are done 90% of the game.

I say wait and give Archeage a go but do NOT look for some magical best of all time PVP game or else you will ruin the gaming experience for yourself.IMO it will have a fun pvp side to it,but i do not like pvp so i am looking for some other enjoyment.I like to do stuff with other people to take on the content.

I will have my own house,my garden ,hopefully build my own boat and ships with a guild.Hang glide from mountain tops for fun lol.if i am bored in a couple months oh well maybe ffxi will be f2p by that time :).

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• DangerNobuoDangerNobuo Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Originally posted by Wizardry

If i am bored in a couple months oh well maybe ffxi will be f2p by that time :).

New expansion is coming, I doubt they would convert to Free to Play as it's sounding like they plan on selling boxes.

However, Free-to-Play FFXI is my dream. I would be playing it if I had the money.