Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rage Quit

UnleadedRevUnleadedRev Member UncommonPosts: 568

I noticed today after 3 days of selling on the Trading Post that for example, if I list an item for sale at 1s and 10c, even after they take their couple of coppers cut I am not getting close to what they say I should get.

In fact, in one 8 hour period I sold almost 10s worth of stuff, including one 3s item, and got a grand total of 2s in profits!

What a waste of time...and no you cannot have my stuff.

Comments

• SkullyWoodsSkullyWoods Member Posts: 183
    Bye.

#TeamVainlash
    Why did Marceline's dad eat her fries? I mean...cause she bought them and they were hers...

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

You're going to rage quit over that? Really? Why not just submit a ticket?

I mean to each their own but doesn't seem like a that big of a deal to me.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• OmiragOmirag Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Originally posted by UnleadedRev

I noticed today after 3 days of selling on the Trading Post that for example, if I list an item for sale at 1s and 10c, even after they take their couple of coppers cut I am not getting close to what they say I should get.

In fact, in one 8 hour period I sold almost 10s worth of stuff, including one 3s item, and got a grand total of 2s in profits!

It has already been stated that is is taking time for gold to transfer right now to the trading post.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by SkullyWoods
    Bye.

looking into his history looks like he's not very happy with any mmo at all.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

And this is coming from the guy who only joins 21+ guilds because he doesn't like the immaturity of brats?

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

Seriously? The trading post isn't exactly reliable at the moment, i thought everyone knew that?

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    really strange that..when my account was active(not goldselling btw) i made 45s in 2 mins at lvl 18..its not a lot but i thought it was quite easy to make money in that game.
  • XerithXerith Member Posts: 970
    It sometimes delays getting you your money, but it will show up eventually. Ive probably sold around 10g worth of stuff on the Ah and have gotten every penny of it, minus the broker fee of course. Just give it time. 
  • SentimeSentime Member UncommonPosts: 270

Yeah "lost" a gold last night in the trade post. and watiting to see if it shows up before I sell anything else.

• Stx11Stx11 Member Posts: 415
    I seriously doubt it's a delay he's dealing with. It's pretty clear that there is overall a 15% cut taken out of TP Sales (I'm pretty sure it's 5% Listing Fee and 10% Sales Tax) but many don't read and then wonder why they got so little back.
  • TheIronLegionTheIronLegion Member Posts: 269

Of all the things to rage quit over you couldn't have chosen a more compelling reason? Like some sort of game breaking mechanic or saying "theres way too much grind" which is a total and complete lie, or "It's just not for me" would've been perfectly acceptable. But the TP? A feature you use for maybe 5 minutes as youre posting stuff on it and looking at your profits and then you're back to WvW or PvE or exploring...

I'll digress and say you're entitled to your opinions and if you don't like something...that's okay, but 'rage quitting' for something like this is just silly. Even if your main objective in the game is profiteering there are still other avenues for trading. You know, like the good old "WTS" and "WTB".