Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unusually hard to get a beta key...

AvisonAvison Member Posts: 350
I signed up for their beta/alpha as soon as possible with a top of the line system and have yet to get a straight up invite. From what I hear you need to get an invite from someone in the beta. I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me obtain a key so I can get my hands on what I believe to be a revolutionary title.

Comments

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Far from revolutionary, I can guarantee that. If I happen to stumble upon an invite, I'll let you know.
  • LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    It sure is refreshing to me. I much rather play this game in BETA then for instance GW2. The PVP in this game require some skillz at least. And once they get the PVE patch out there will be even more to do ingame. Right now I "thump" for minerals and stack up until I can use them when they implemented more stuff to do. So far they have only opened up 2 tiers outa 5. And it´s still early BETA, but even though it´s very fun, and you get to keep your progress. No wipes here.
  • AvisonAvison Member Posts: 350
    I'm hoping it feels something like Tribes or Borderlands with long term character investment. Thanks for the comments gentlemen.

• 9ineven9ineven Member UncommonPosts: 168

I can send you an invitation.

If want one, just then send me a valid email address on a private message. :)

• ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    Same here i have 2 invitation .. :)
  • Lille7Lille7 Member Posts: 301
    Originally posted by Avison
    I signed up for their beta/alpha as soon as possible with a top of the line system and have yet to get a straight up invite. From what I hear you need to get an invite from someone in the beta. I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me obtain a key so I can get my hands on what I believe to be a revolutionary title.

Just FYI, having a good system usually has zero impact on chances to get into beta. The reason you get asked about your system spec is because they want different systems, so they can find and fix bugs and performance issues on certain hardware and software.

• deadfolkdeadfolk Member Posts: 1
    I'd love an invite if anyone has one spare.
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Lahuzer
    It sure is refreshing to me. I much rather play this game in BETA then for instance GW2. The PVP in this game require some skillz at least. And once they get the PVE patch out there will be even more to do ingame. Right now I "thump" for minerals and stack up until I can use them when they implemented more stuff to do. So far they have only opened up 2 tiers outa 5. And it´s still early BETA, but even though it´s very fun, and you get to keep your progress. No wipes here.

Now why would you say something negative about another game in a thread like this

Also it is SKILLS not SKILLZ - please use proper english.

I bet they will wipe when game goes live - most games do.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by botrytis
    Originally posted by Lahuzer

Now why would you say something negative about another game in a thread like this

Also it is SKILLS not SKILLZ - please use proper english.

I bet they will wipe when game goes live - most games do.

"English" you mean.

• morbitangelmorbitangel Member UncommonPosts: 70
    I too would love an invite if someone has a one to spare :)
  • sp1cexsp1cex Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Giving away 2 keys for the first 2 people who ask for a key ! [email protected]
  • DarkVagabondDarkVagabond Member UncommonPosts: 340

If you hop on the unofficial official IRC channel #firefall at irc.globalgamerscenter.net and are just even slightly patient you can find a beta key in your hands in far less than a week.

Webclient link: http://client02.chat.mibbit.com/?server=irc.globalgamers.net&channel=%23Firefall

Just don't come off as a spaz or overtly elitist and at least give off the illusion that you aren't just there to gobble a beta invite and leave.

We even have R5 staff that sit around offering varying degrees of insight into the game, discussing other games, and sometimes just laughing at the odd cat picture.

• CaerusXCaerusX Member Posts: 3
    I have four invites, drop me a message on here w/ your e-mail and I'll invite you. First four get them.
  • The_ArgoThe_Argo Member UncommonPosts: 15
    God forbid they actually want to TEST the game and not just dish out 684687647986489465132 beta keys so people can test a BETA (ergo BUGGY) game and then go on to trash the game they 'beta trialed' saying it sucks.