Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you going to buy MoP?

Comments

• Dudek28Dudek28 Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Already bought it, We'll see how MoP goes. Im really enjoying Rift while waiting for it. If mop bores me I always have rift to enjoy.
  • GeekyBastrdGeekyBastrd Member UncommonPosts: 64
    I'm sure that I will end up buying it at some point..  It will be after I play through the Rift expansion though.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

I just realized, since my son gave up WOW for D3, this will be the first expansion we've never bought in our household near launch.

Not sure if he'll go back though, probably one day since his friends like to play from time to time.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    Already bought, not many themepark games out there with huge seamless continent and day night cycle.... image

RIP Orc Choppa

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    No. I left shortly after they released WotLK and will never play again.
  • bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    Lol you have 30% of gw2 deffenders. Yes we did and yes we will buy every single wow expansion forever and yes my realm is full of players and yes i wait only few sec for any bg.  Why you have 37% gw2 fANS ON THIS VOTE? I give you the answer-- because they do not enjoy anymore in their game, and you have less wow fans because they play wow.Simple as that-You can't compare cheap f2p game with Blizzard giant, with king of fantasy theme park mmo's. And yes gw2 is simple theme park mmo without any inspiration. There is no lore like in world of warcraft and there will never be. Give a sub to gw2 and you will stay on 50k subscribers. Even if millions of players play this game ANet will earn 5% of Blizzard income because they do not spend money on this game. You can do what ever you want but name of the game is important., you can't have a champion with name like guild wars-you must have word warcraft in your beloved game. And MOP is awesome it is like any expansion from wow--unreal, awesome, amazing.
  • SluskeSluske Member UncommonPosts: 56

WoW has given me hours and hours of fun through the years, but I think I'm done. Quit a year ago or something like that, and after watching some vids from the beta I just feel it has grown old.

Been a good ride though, but there is better games out there for me nowadays.

• ChristoooChristooo Member UncommonPosts: 86
    Nop even though my gaming itch wants me to race to cap so i can get back into the gist of spamming dungeos and raiding I am going to pass. Not becuase of GW2 as I selected that option but because I just can't find the motivation to play WoW at all thus why I cut 6 months ago and Haven't looked back.
  • NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790
    Already bought 2 copies. 

Bite Me

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    Just wanted to add I think GW2 should have been left out of the poll.
  • EzRdrEzRdr Member UncommonPosts: 40
    Already bought 1 SE copy and plan to buy another DE one.
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Originally posted by jpnole
    Why buy MoP and continue paying $15/month when you can buy a vastly superior MMO in GW2 and continue playing for free?

Because some people can afford $15 per month on a game that lasts longer than 10 days.

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    Originally posted by NorseGod
    Why buy MoP and continue paying $15/month when you can buy a vastly superior MMO in GW2 and continue playing for free?

Because some people can afford $15 per month on a game that lasts longer than 10 days.

Have fun spending your 15 a month so you can grind gear that will be obsolete once the next expansion comes.

Why not just light that 15 on fire? Same result, just sooner than later.

EDIT: Yes, I purchased MoP, I highly doubt I'll ever play it though. There's a new kid on the block that is superior in every possibe way, I'll be hanging out with him for quite some time.

• AcvivmAcvivm Member UncommonPosts: 323
    Originally posted by Kost
    Originally posted by NorseGod

Have fun spending your 15 a month so you can grind gear that will be obsolete once the next expansion comes.

Why not just light that 15 on fire? Same result, just sooner than later.

I will have fun spending my $15 a month because its never been a grind to me, when you are not enjoying yourself and or only interested in chasing gear and Item levels then I can see how its a grind for you.

If you think gear really matters then that is your problem right there, if the journey is less important then the destination then indeed you are wasting your money and should light it on fire. its never been about the gear for me or any of the long time raiders and pvpers I know across many different guilds because the gear will always come in time. Its about the teamwork, comradery, the competition between guilds and defeating challenging content together that matters.

Gear comes and goes but the memories of downing content and enjoying yourself along the way with friends is what I care about, $15 a month is a small price to pay for that and I don't regret a dime.

In answer to the OP.....Yes, I will be getting MoP.

HEAVEN OR HELL
    Duel 1
    Lets ROCK!

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Yeah... and give Blizzard more money for nothing?

THey should hand me MoP for free after shelling out $120 for the last 8 months of no content updates.

Its hilarious that you need to waste another 40 bucks + sub to get MoP after giving them money for nothing.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066

I haven't played WOW since before battlegrounds was released,it was all open world PvP when i was playing.I hit level 60 as a hunter and done MC and the other few raid dungeons that were in at the time.

I am seriously consisdering buying MOP and starting fresh on a RP server but i'm not 100% sure just yet.

• ZhauricZhauric Member UncommonPosts: 292

I went with 'Not sure' though I believe I lean toward no but sometimes you never know what can happen. I think it will come down to the monk class and if they truely bring back Horde vs Alliance. Those are the two things that could make me give it a try. Monk because I am a martial artist so I love anything to delves into that. If it gets a good review then I would take one from level one, put all my 85's on ice and ganks their resources and start all over again. Yeah, could be better if I didn't take the gold from the others but who let's gold go to waste! *smiles*

As for Horde versus Alliance, it is an aspect I enjoyed in vanilla. I miss the Taren Mill and Southshore battles (RIP Southshore) and the open world fights. Don't know if they intend on bringing those back or not as I haven't bothered to look into MoP but I'm sure I'll hear something from friends who still play. For now enjoying my time in GW2 but nothing says I can't play two games.

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,267

"No but not because of GW2".

I was lucky to get into beta before the offcial Vanilla WoW launch. I loved the game back then.

The game world felt huge. It was fantastic to play with all these people at the very same time.

However, after 6-7 years its just enough for me. If they kept the style by being original and not just toss junk out, I would still probably play.

But after getting shit all over by being a PvP player, I threw in my towel long time ago. I havent played over a year. I sitll hear Dragon Soul is the newest content?

I loved the original World of Warcraft, but I do not like what WoW have become now.

I play Guild Wars 2 now, but that is NOT the reason why i stopped with WoW. I wouldnt return to WoW if GW2 havent showed up. My last dissappointment with Blizzard will be Diablo 3. After 2 bad expansions (TBC/Cataclysm) for WoW, a bad facelift for SC2, and a very bad RMAH trial Diablo 3 I'm done with Blizzard for good.

I still remember the good old D1/2, Starcraft 1, War 1-3 + Vanilla WoW times. Blizzard were really good back then.

• ThaneUlfgarThaneUlfgar Member Posts: 283

I shall give it a try.

I'm also playing GW2.

• dead2soondead2soon Member Posts: 149
    I'm another "Cata ruined wow for me and I'm not going back" victim.
  • AdiarisAdiaris Member CommonPosts: 381
    Nope, although I haven't actively played for years, I did buy all the expansions and always read up on them before. All I know about this one is there's pandas, monks and pokemon battles (not saying it derisevely, I actually think it's not that horrific of a move) and no interest to find out more. Nothing to do with GW2, just no longer interested in the least.
  • fixiffixif Member UncommonPosts: 180
    Originally posted by mmojunkie5000
    Originally posted by fixif

See? This is why the rest of the MMO community can't stand GW2 fans. Every game has its fanbois but GW2 fanbois are obnoxious on every level imaginable.

You can turn in other way around. "Why buy GW2 for 60$ when you can buy MoP and 2 months of gametime and actually not grind all the time? I mean you will probably all quit in a months and come back to MoP anway."

Bad troll. Bad. Bad. Bad.

GW2 has no grind.

grinding for gear that can be bought for a few ingame pennies at every npc? why should you?

some WoW players PLAY it like WoW and grind, but they will eventually realize that grinding is utterly useless in this game since the most powerful gear is a mere mouseclick away. always.

yes, flashy and pretty gear can be grinded for, but to experience all the content, no grind is necessary.

there is no grinding that keeps you from seeing the game in its entirety, like WoW has.

GW2 scales horizontally. it will diversify your character, not make it more powerful.

that means you have more and more build, roles and "fun abilities" that do not increaser your power or make the game easier per se.

so you've got it the other way round:  why grind in MoP for an endgame you will never see anyway, unless you're one of the 0.1% hardcore raiders?

why not stop grinding and enjoing the ride? i.e. play gw2

Well reading these forums a lot, I would say most people, majority if you will, disagrees with you in terms that GW2 has no grind.

And let me get this straight. You don't have to do anything to get most powerful gear in the game? How is that in the slightest a good thing?

To each his own.

• chillwillzchillwillz Member Posts: 6

I'm really more a vaccum kind of guy, I mean a mop is good and all but I hate getting my hands all pruny from dealing with the water, plus I hate smell of latex. 

We are talking about the same kind of mops right?

• PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762
    Nope. Not because I think WoW is teh suxorz, or anything, but I've basically had enough of WoW. For now.

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501

No, I will not buy MOP right now and yes, it is because of GW2.

I was caught in the GW2 effect and once I tried it I could not go back to any of the older MMOs (WAs playing TSW at the time and dabbling in WoW).

That being said, please note my comment is there exclusively because it is in the poll. While I love GW2 and think it is the best thing since sliced bread, I do not think this is the place where to try to convince others of how good/bad gw2 is, so leave it be.

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"