Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So what's your favorite city?

The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
Question is in the title :)
Respect, walk, what did you say?
Respect, walk
Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
- PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
Yes, they are back !

Comments

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202
    Divinity's Reach and Ebonhawke (does that count? :D)

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203

Divinity's Reach by such a large margin it's not even funny. :P

Second would probably be Black Citadel.

• J_HurryJ_Hurry Member UncommonPosts: 230

This message was edited on 8/16/15 at 5:30:00 AM

LGM Alchemist (Legendary Grandmaster)
  • HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

I'm a Sylvari, but I chose Divinity's Reach.  It's just insanely beautiful.  Then Lion's Arch.  Then the Grove. 

I fully expected to live the Grove the most, but I don't, and not because the Grove is lacking--quite the opposite, it's freaking amazing--but because the other 2 are simply out of this world. 

Originally posted by acidworm

Diehard Midgardian here so I'm partial to Hoelbrak. If there was ever a DAoC 2 *COUGH*, this is what I envision Jordheim would look like. Love the animal themed lodges and the overall layout, props to ANet.

Divinity's Reach is obviously the largest city, and absolutely spectacular. Stormwind, eat your heart out !!!

You can easily fit 4 Stormwinds or 8 of the lesser WoW cities inside Divinity's Reach, and that's not an exaggeration!  There are random small towns on the outskirts of zones that are the size of full WoW cities--also not an exaggeration.  

• EudaimonEudaimon Member UncommonPosts: 116
    I love Divinity's Reach!  Second comes the Black Citadel.  I'm not keen on The Grove, however.
  • MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415

DR and LA are defenatly my favorites. But, while i do like LA's sea, pirate and nautical theme, which gives a good sense of adventure, DR is a just big and beautiful, so i vote for it.

Well, atleast results match my view for far.

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Tough poll.  Divinity's Reach in the end.  Would have been Lion's Arch but I hate some of the pathing.   Plus DR is so friggin' big.   I've played MMOs where all the cities combined would have fit in DR with room to spare...
  • someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    Lion's Arch. I love the way it looks and like how everything I usually need is around the traders plaza.
  • The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    I didn't want to vote first not to influence people, but despite Divinity being the most "impressive" city, my favorite is Hoelbrak because of the nordic/celtic/viking theme.
    Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

Man... I love them all so much!

If I was forced to pick a favorite though, it'd have to be Lion's Arch at the moment. I am still low level though, only 36.

I am a sucker for old ships and pirate themes, and I love the overhead "city above a city" feel to some of LA as well as all of the hidden things I've stumbled upon by just trying to get places that were tough to find.

DR is also amazing. But then, like I said, I love them all so much and each for such different reasons. They did a great job on cities imo.

• drakaenadrakaena Member UncommonPosts: 506
    Rata sum. I prefer compact multi tier levels to a wider spread out area. More efficient.
  • mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988
    The Stronghold of Ebonhawke
  • The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Ebonhawke looks cool, but it's not a main city ;)
    Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

• BijouBijou Member UncommonPosts: 145

Hoelbrak. It's quite simple so I don't get lost, I love the snow and the huge wooden buildings and caves dedicated to animal gods. Oh, and we have Keg Brawl! :D

Second favorite is Lion's Arch. The buildings are amazing there, made of old ships and stuff. Very nice!

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    • For traveling: Lion's Arch.  (WvW portals, Racial Portals.)
    • For crafting: The Grove  (everything is near each other. TP, Bank, Merchants, etc.)

These are probably the only 2 i'll be going to a lot.