Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

where are the mini games?

Comments

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

I was wondering the same thing a few days ago.I know there's supposed to be a few in Divinity's Reach in the carnival area, but I've yet to find an open one; most are currently closed.

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739
    There is keg brawl in the Norn starting city. In starting city for humas there is a shooting gallery, but not open yet.
  • Stx11Stx11 Member Posts: 415

Yep there will be Polymoc in Rata Sum, a Shooting Gallery in Divinity's Reach, and I believe Bar Brawling in the Black Citadel (as well as I'm sure ones in the Grove and Lion's Arch too) but for now only Keg Brawl is open in Holbrek.

They are focusing on Launch and the mini-games will be coming (I fully expect us to get some fun stuff for Halloween at the latest.

• jondifooljondifool Member UncommonPosts: 1,143
    Since ArenaNet early claimed to have 30? minegames, does tha means they still own us 29?
  • MagnnarotMagnnarot Member Posts: 50

This is probably one of the few things Anet has not delivered as promised on launch... only the keg brawl is open so far.

Hopefully we will get them in the coming months, once things have stabilized.

• DrachasorDrachasor Member Posts: 2,678

Many minigames will be nice.

I'd also like to see a lot more puzzle and outside minidungeons.  I really think the game has far too few of these.  There should be 3-4 per zone, imho as it really helps liven things up.  I think there should be at least 2 that are obvious as you explore the zone as well.

• ShaikeShaike Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Originally posted by Drachasor

I'd also like to see a lot more puzzle and outside minidungeons.  I really think the game has far too few of these.  There should be 3-4 per zone, imho as it really helps liven things up.  I think there should be at least 2 that are obvious as you explore the zone as well.

SPOILER ALERT -

There is "The Secret Door" (not sure how to call it) - which i think you have in each starter area (1-15) of each race. It's like a mini-dungeon that requires a group (at least 3-4 people - i recommend more) and there should be a chest or something at the end of each of them.

Also i am pretty sure you have in every zone at least 1-2 hidden places you need to find and explore (some are puzzles and some are just hidden).

Just my 2 cents...

• DrachasorDrachasor Member Posts: 2,678
    Originally posted by Shaike
    Originally posted by Drachasor

SPOILER ALERT -

There is "The Secret Door" (not sure how to call it) - which i think you have in each starter area (1-15) of each race. It's like a mini-dungeon that requires a group (at least 3-4 people - i recommend more) and there should be a chest or something at the end of each of them.

Also i am pretty sure you have in every zone at least 1-2 hidden places you need to find and explore (some are puzzles and some are just hidden).

I found it in the Asura area.  Hardly secret.  Big problem though, it requires random rare drop to get.  If you don't get the drop, no dungeon for you.  The puzzle is a bit more obvious in this zone compared to say..the Charr starting area.  I ended up having to ask about it.  Not sure if it has a mini-dungeon or not.

But my point is, I don't think this is enough.  I'd like some slightly longer mini-dungeons and another jumping puzzle or two spread about the map.  I think this would help add more variety to the game activities.  Hmm, having some DEs that incorporate a jumping puzzle might not be a bad idea.

I understand the appeal of hidden things, mind you, but this stuff is FUN to do and adds to the variety of what can be done.  As such, there needs to be versions of it that aren't hidden.  And I don't think I'd mind having the map indicate how many secrets you have found (though this wouldn't factor into completion rates) just so you can know if there's some hidden gem still out there.

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501
    There is also Diving in Lion's Arch, at the Divers cliff.

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

• StanlyStankoStanlyStanko Member UncommonPosts: 270
    Needs moar fishing!