Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else just not like this game?

Comments

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
          You do realize that by paying 60$ the game isnt f2p right??...Instead of giving you the game for free and charging you 15 a month, they are gambling that you will probably play less than 4 months....And you people that think paying 60 dollars is free really have alot to learn about finances.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by Rokurgepta
    Originally posted by Mannish
    Probaly the worst mmo I have ever played in my life but even calling it a mmo is hard for me to do. There is just nonthing mmo about it. 

Here we go again.  Haters gonna hate. Not gonna change anyone opinion by making silly claims every time you post here. If it is the worst why do you spend so much time posting about it?

A simple post about what you hated and then moving to a game you actually enjoy is what a well adjusted adult would do.

I am a hater because I dont like a video game. LMAO Why should I post what I hate about the game? I dont care if you know or dont know.  I dont want your advice or feedback. You dont want us posting on threads where people talk about liking the game and you also dont want us posting on threads where people dont like the game. Read the title of the thread. Its a thread for people that dont like the game so why are you even here?

Of course you care. If you did not care you would not post all the time about this game. You obviously want people reading your non stop GW2 hatred. Normal people post what they do not like. People like you just claim its the worst ever and never back it up. Thats called hater.

The thread starter also thanked people for offering advice. So its not just for people like you who hate the game. Grow up a little and learn to debate like an adult.

I dont care if you post in threads liking or disliking the game. I am just wondering why anyone would put so much effort into something they do not like? And then make the lie of claiming you dont care. Your posts certainly do not reflect your claim of not caring. If anything they scream "look at me". Over and over.

The question is why do you care? Let me answer that for you. You are just a hater of anybody that does not like the game. You see all these negative post comming up about the game and  you dont like it which makes you tired of seeing it.  The game is the worst mmo I have ever played in my life and there is nonthing that anybody can say that will change that. Let me be clear here. I dont care what anybody else thinks. If they like it then they have the right to like it and if they dont like it they too also have the right. If somebody post that they like the game should I come in asking them if you like the game then you should say what you like about it? Grow up, its just a game.

• HexcaliberHexcaliber Member UncommonPosts: 171
    Originally posted by kingotnw

I don't mind being offered advice as to changing things up that would help me enjoy it more, it's cool if people offer sugestions. To the poster who said that I want my hand held. No, the direct opposite. To suggest that GW2 is a freedom and exploration game says to me you haven't played games other than theme parks in the first place.

In any case... I'm glad to see I'm not alone. I actually felt like I 'SHOULD' like this game given how positive people have been about it for the most part. It just hasn't worked out that way.

But there are rewards for exploring off the beaten path. But again this game like any other will not be for everyone. Some will love it, some will hate it and some will be inbetween.

I hope you can find fun in it so you dont feel you wasted your money.

Don’t kid yourself, there is no real exploration to be had in this game, we are barely a week in, and players are already 100% map complete. With a dummy list of all the poi, skill points, and available quests prominently displayed on the map for all to see, and the addition of a single chest, jump puzzle or higher level mob stuck down a cave. "Hidden" features that most users will stumble on as a matter of course following one poi to the next, that offer little more than a momentary distraction.

GW2 is fine, as far as it goes; bubble gum for the brain, chew on it for an hour here and there but don’t expect anything more substantial to satisfy an avid mmo appetite.

My Colour Is Vomit green, I puke on the tards with stupid colour sigs. My symbol is ,,!, O ,!,, My enemies are any prat with a colour sig, a meaningless personality test, or a pointless list of games and classes.

Regards Hexcaliber

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    Probaly the worst mmo I have ever played in my life but even calling it a mmo is hard for me to do. There is just nonthing mmo about it. 

Here we go again.  Haters gonna hate. Not gonna change anyone opinion by making silly claims every time you post here. If it is the worst why do you spend so much time posting about it?

A simple post about what you hated and then moving to a game you actually enjoy is what a well adjusted adult would do.

I am a hater because I dont like a video game. LMAO Why should I post what I hate about the game? I dont care if you know or dont know.  I dont want your advice or feedback. You dont want us posting on threads where people talk about liking the game and you also dont want us posting on threads where people dont like the game. Read the title of the thread. Its a thread for people that dont like the game so why are you even here?

I don't know man. The fact that you have FFXIV as your sig kind makes your statment meaningless. I've seen bad F2P games in beta that had more content and were better than FFXIV. Worst mmorpg hands down.

• NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790

Of course you care. If you did not care you would not post all the time about this game. You obviously want people reading your non stop GW2 hatred. Normal people post what they do not like. People like you just claim its the worst ever and never back it up. Thats called hater.

The thread starter also thanked people for offering advice. So its not just for people like you who hate the game. Grow up a little and learn to debate like an adult.

I dont care if you post in threads liking or disliking the game. I am just wondering why anyone would put so much effort into something they do not like? And then make the lie of claiming you dont care. Your posts certainly do not reflect your claim of not caring. If anything they scream "look at me". Over and over.

The question is why do you care? Let me answer that for you. You are just a hater of anybody that does not like the game. You see all these negative post comming up about the game and  you dont like it which makes you tired of seeing it.  The game is the worst mmo I have ever played in my life and there is nonthing that anybody can say that will change that. Let me be clear here. I dont care what anybody else thinks. If they like it then they have the right to like it and if they dont like it they too also have the right. If somebody post that they like the game should I come in asking them if you like the game then you should say what you like about it? Grow up, its just a game.

But it is not a question of simply liking or dis liking the game. Ofcourse you have right to think it is the worst MMO you ever played but when you say it is not even a MMO well people are going to ask questions.

So go ahead and explain MMOS for us. You should have just stopped at 'GW'2 is a worst MMO you ever played' but now you dig yourself a hole and might find it hard to climb out of it.

Bite Me

• IzikIzik Member Posts: 111
    Originally posted by EricDanie
    Originally posted by Izik

Biggest problem with the game is the low budget feel. I'm pretty sure's that the biggest turn off to people who have a high taste level. The graphics are not good. Don't believe the empty fanboy rhetoric - the game looks like a F2P asian mmo from gpotatoe. It also has the worst camera I've ever seen in an MMO. SPVP is basically unplayable because of the horrible, horrible camera. Your character has no feeling of weight and everything is very slippery and unstable. It's just bad.

That's a new one, comparing GW2 graphics to a gpotato asian F2P. Meanwhile I am seeing some of the most amazing environments and animations I've ever seen in a game in a playable fps for my system specs, opinion does surely sugarcoat or dumb down things by a huge margin.

Coming from WoW i'm sure the game looks great.

Don't believe me? Take a look at: http://aika.gpotato.com/ or http://en.sevencore.gpotato.com/index.aspx

Comparable graphics to GW2. You guys are being completely deceived by post processing effects. 

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136
    Originally posted by Theocritus
          You do realize that by paying 60$ the game isnt f2p right??...Instead of giving you the game for free and charging you 15 a month, they are gambling that you will probably play less than 4 months....And you people that think paying 60 dollars is free really have alot to learn about finances.

Yes it makes sense that they would work years on a agme and hope you play less than 4 months. You nailed it.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

the game looks like a F2P asian mmo from gpotatoe.

That's a new one, comparing GW2 graphics to a gpotato asian F2P. Meanwhile I am seeing some of the most amazing environments and animations I've ever seen in a game in a playable fps for my system specs, opinion does surely sugarcoat or dumb down things by a huge margin.

Don't believe me? Take a look at: http://aika.gpotato.com/ or http://en.sevencore.gpotato.com/index.aspx

Comparable graphics to GW2. You guys are being completely deceived by post processing effects. 

show me what you think is a GOOD mmo for graphics

• NightfyreNightfyre Member UncommonPosts: 205

Biggest problem with the game is the low budget feel. I'm pretty sure's that the biggest turn off to people who have a high taste level. The graphics are not good. Don't believe the empty fanboy rhetoric - the game looks like a F2P asian mmo from gpotatoe. It also has the worst camera I've ever seen in an MMO. SPVP is basically unplayable because of the horrible, horrible camera. Your character has no feeling of weight and everything is very slippery and unstable. It's just bad.

Nope looked at the screenshots one being more futuristic, the graphics looking nothing like them.  

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136

I dont hate you, I pity you. I pity the fact you spend your time talking about something you hate instead of finding something you like.

Of course you care. if you did not care you would not post. For instance I dont care about WoW, hence I NEVER post on their forums. You tell me to grow up? You really are delusional.

If someone does like it why not ask? If you have an open mind(not you obviously) you might find that asking a question opens up things for you. Maybe you find out something you did not know and you get to learn. Closed minded people like you never learn, they just spout crap that people laugh at. Do you get it yet? You are a source of laughter for me, nothing to hate. The more you post the more I get to laugh. Post more please.

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

B2P = Buy to play (example Guild Wars 2).

F2P = Free to download and play.  Incentivized by in-game and webmall purchases (example: League of Legends).

P2P = Buy the game then pay a monthly fee in order to continue gaming. (example World of Warcraft).

All three types of games can have extra downloadable content or items malls that you pay for with an extra fee.

But the initial payment method of how you are able to log in and play defines the game.

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904

Bought it... I figured if nothing else at least its actually F2P without strings... I just can't get behind it though. The graphics are fine and all, but I'm not a big fan of the art style. On top of that... This game is like a fast food version of every other theme park game out there. It seems to lack any kind of substance or immersion at all. I 'feel like I am playing a game' I guess would be the way to say it. However when I am playing a MMORPG, I want to feel like I am in a gaming world. Does that difference make sense the way I said it?

I know lots of you love it, and more power to you for that. I wish I did as well. Anyone else agree?

I agree with you...can't even log in anymore...game is completely pointless....the best part is everybody differentiating the heart quests from the DE's when they pretty much feel attached

• LorkiiLorkii Member Posts: 88
    Originally posted by Randayn

Bought it... I figured if nothing else at least its actually F2P without strings... I just can't get behind it though. The graphics are fine and all, but I'm not a big fan of the art style. On top of that... This game is like a fast food version of every other theme park game out there. It seems to lack any kind of substance or immersion at all. I 'feel like I am playing a game' I guess would be the way to say it. However when I am playing a MMORPG, I want to feel like I am in a gaming world. Does that difference make sense the way I said it?

I know lots of you love it, and more power to you for that. I wish I did as well. Anyone else agree?

I agree with you...can't even log in anymore...game is completely pointless....the best part is everybody differentiating the heart quests from the DE's when they pretty much feel attached

I m totally with you 2 on this. I just can t log in at all. It seems pointless beyond pointless. I have more fun running a noob in FFXI naked to Jeuno. Then again FFXI is a MMOworld, which has been lacking in games for years, and I feel GW2 lacks it as much or more then most.

• NightfyreNightfyre Member UncommonPosts: 205
    Originally posted by Lorkii
    Originally posted by Randayn

I m totally with you 2 on this. I just can t log in at all. It seems pointless beyond pointless. I have more fun running a noob in FFXI naked to Jeuno. Then again FFXI is a MMOworld, which has been lacking in games for years, and I feel GW2 lacks it as much or more then most.

www.reviewersunknown.com/115/my-thoughts-on-final-fantasy-xi   summed up what was wrong with final fantasy game... and it's weird you play a game that has asian style game graphics but make fun of GW2 for thinking they have them.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    I'm curious as to why the OP even started this thread.  Not that I find it hard to believe someone doesn't like teh game.  I mean I don't like the majority of the other mmos either but I do like this game.  What gets me though is that about every five minutes there is a new " I hate / I'm bored / Game sucks / Fail " post about GW2 on this site.  Did he really need to ask "Anyone else just not like this game?"  Kind of weird....

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• kingotnwkingotnw Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Originally posted by rodingo
    I'm curious as to why the OP even started this thread.  Not that I find it hard to believe someone doesn't like teh game.  I mean I don't like the majority of the other mmos either but I do like this game.  What gets me though is that about every five minutes there is a new " I hate / I'm bored / Game sucks / Fail " post about GW2 on this site.  Did he really need to ask "Anyone else just not like this game?"  Kind of weird....

2 reasons...

1) I thought maybe others could offer me insight as to what I could do to enjoy it more.

2) If nothing else, I wanted to discuss the game possibly with like minded people, without making it a "GW2 SUX!!" thread.

I didn't really have any preconceived notions about it. I didn't like the first one, and I was under the impression that this one was different, and people really seemed to like it. Most everyone, in fact. So I checked it out. *shrug*

Thread is 7 pages at this point... This is nothing close to a failed thread. Matter of fact, outside of a handful of posts, there really isn't much arguing about the game at all. People were all very respectful of my view of things, and I appreciate that.

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396
    Originally posted by NBlitz

Just running around Charr lands...shit, the box price is worth every penny based solely on that. It's ah-ma-zing :) I love all the little details. No two spots look the same. Truly a work of art.

It truly feels like a world to me, call me crazy. But I stop and pay attention to my surroundings, sounds and all and I can tell the amount of handcraftsmanship put into it is mindblowing.

Worth every penny, if just to run around soaking up the environs. Sorry you don't see it the same.

That's why i love this game either , its maps are amazing and i love its artstyle, they really worked hard to get it, even caves are always a bit diferent from eachothers , simply amazing the world on this game.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Kuppa
    You sound like an Eve player, are you?

No sir. My favorite MMORPG is Vanguard though.

I couldn't get into it, too laggy and ugly, but it really is a type of MMO I used to enjoy and there's still a market for these more "hardcore" types of MMOs.  It's all cool, but no I don't dislike GW2.  In fact, I really enjoy it.. not every aspect, but then again I've never played an MMO that I enjoy all the features of.

What I'd suggest to people wanting to enjoy GW2 is to get past level 15 with any character and by then you'll probably know if you enjoy that profession's combat style.  Then at around lvl 30, you get to the zones that can really be considered "BIG" and without as many people around to zerg everything, things actually get pretty challenging (especially if you're melee)

• AzzkickaAzzkicka Member Posts: 157

I also bought the game b/c there is just nothing else.... and i find it just plain boring.  I can't play for more then an hour without getting bored and logging off.

There is simply nothing interesting or exciting about the game to keep my playing.

• IzikIzik Member Posts: 111
    Originally posted by Nadia

the game looks like a F2P asian mmo from gpotatoe.

show me what you think is a GOOD mmo for graphics

TSW, Tera, Rift, Lotro... to name a few.

• alexminoalexmino Member Posts: 132

The 15 seconds i played didn't impress me.

Assumed it was because i only played for 15 seconds and then my wife came home.

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

2 reasons...

1) I thought maybe others could offer me insight as to what I could do to enjoy it more.

2) If nothing else, I wanted to discuss the game possibly with like minded people, without making it a "GW2 SUX!!" thread.

I didn't really have any preconceived notions about it. I didn't like the first one, and I was under the impression that this one was different, and people really seemed to like it. Most everyone, in fact. So I checked it out. *shrug*

Thread is 7 pages at this point... This is nothing close to a failed thread. Matter of fact, outside of a handful of posts, there really isn't much arguing about the game at all. People were all very respectful of my view of things, and I appreciate that.

Can you .. tell us what's your level in-game? What char did you create? Some screen-shots with you while smashing some mobs?Your in-game name ? Maybe I can give you some advices!

Also, do you know where GW2 saves the screens? Nvm , It's in C:

Ah yes, sorry if you already answered to those questions, but as you say , this is a 7 page thread so ...I am sorry for not reading it all!

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919

TSW, Tera, Rift, Lotro... to name a few.

So extreme realism? Also wouldn't TERA technically fit under the "Asian graphics" category you seem to have stuffed GW2 into?

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    Originally posted by alexmino

The 15 seconds i played didn't impress me.

Assumed it was because i only played for 15 seconds and then my wife came home.

15 seconds is far too short to determine ANY GAME...unless the game blacked out on you or broke your computer, in which case it was either too advanced for your rig, or was just plain crap.

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Originally posted by IceAge

2 reasons...

Can you .. tell us what's your level in-game? What char did you create? Some screen-shots with you while smashing some mobs?Your in-game name ? Maybe I can give you some advices!

Also, do you know where GW2 saves the screens? Nvm , It's in C:

Ah yes, sorry if you already answered to those questions, but as you say , this is a 7 page thread so ...I am sorry for not reading it all!

BUMP for OP! C'mon, I wanna see your fancy character, and maybe chat a little bit in-game!

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!