Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Things i dislike(almost to the point of hating) about the game

2»

Comments

• ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins
    Originally posted by Zadawn

1.Underwater combat

2.The fact that it colors your gear automatically when doing sPvP- What is the point of aquiring better looking gear if its gonna be red or blue anyway.PvP only folk can't take any advantages of the colouring system.

3.The fact that you can't make use of your pve stuff in pvp- in guild wars 1 you were able to go into pvp with your pve gear unless you created a PvP only character.

4.sPvP maps are way too small

1. I really liked underwater combat until I reached higher levels and it took a lot longer to kill mobs.

2. I have no interest in sPVP but I certainly understand that complaint.  It sounds completely unecessary to color your armor and to remove the one motivation of that type of PVP, which is cool looking gear.

3. PVP should not be gear based.  No issue for me

Its not like the pve items have any special stat on them,i don't see your point really.The way it is now you have to do double the work to wear the gear you like.For example if i want to wear X set in pve i'd have to do pve stuff to quire it but if i also want that set ( which i already worked for) in pvp i'd have to farm glory and buy chests hoping for the pieces to drop from those chests.Just let me wear in pvp whatever gear i want,i can only be weaker and be it so if that's my choice.You can't be stronger for the items you're provided in pvp have maximum stats anyway.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

1. I'm going to have to go with the constant disconnects.  I get booted out every half hour or so, and its annoying as hell.

edit, Oh, and 2. the lack of an appearance tab.  Why haven't devs figured out these alternative methods just never work.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• TibernicusTibernicus Member Posts: 433

1. No death penalty.

2. It has instances.

3. No enemy names in RvR.

Those are about the only two things that REALLY bother me. I'd say the RvR, because it doesn't have enough things in it, but I feel like they'll be added over time. Even DAoC didn't launch with realm ranks and Darkness Falls.

• revy66revy66 Member Posts: 464

1) It's not terrible but not much better than other MMOs considering underwater combat generally sucks in MMOs.

2,3,4) Play WvW.

Originally posted by mustang2750
    DAOC did underwater combat better. Then again DAOC did pretty much everything better than every MMO out there until they ran it into the ground with New Frontiers.

You mean, run into the ground by ToA. New Frontiers was pretty great.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238
    Originally posted by Paragus1
    While not game-breaking for me, a highly annoying point for me is that when I search the Auction House for Armor, There is not a filter to show only light, medium, or heavy.   It seems like a silly oversight to me that as a ranger searching for armor, i need to comb through pages of armor for classes I can't use with no way to filter them out.

That's bad, didn't notice that as I didn't shop for armor, but I found it quite annoying to not have a filter for specific mods on equipment such as +Condition Damage or +Magic Find. Since they're going for offering stat customization it's not just going to be all about slotting BiS items.

• ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670
    Originally posted by revy66

1) It's not terrible but not much better than other MMOs considering underwater combat generally sucks in MMOs.

2,3,4) Play WvW.

WvW is nothing but a complete zerg fest

sPvP takes much more skill than WvW where all you have to do is follow the zerg.

• revy66revy66 Member Posts: 464
    The reason sPvP takes skill is mostly because all people have the same gear (except runes which you can customize). The maps being small help as well, they are fine for the number of people playing.

2,3,4) Play WvW.

sPvP takes much more skill than WvW where all you have to do is follow the zerg.

You know... I see this complaint in every game that allows large scale battles.

It has never once proven to actually be true.

When you are a small squad of hardcore PvPers out manuevering your enemies, cutting their supply lines, ambushing forces much larger than yourself, and holding objectives against overwhelming odds... THAT takes much more skill than any other PvP. This would happen in DAoC.

• LorkiiLorkii Member Posts: 88
    Originally posted by Tibernicus

2,3,4) Play WvW.

When you are a small squad of hardcore PvPers out manuevering your enemies, cutting their supply lines, ambushing forces much larger than yourself, and holding objectives against overwhelming odds... THAT takes much more skill than any other PvP. This would happen in DAoC.

It happened in DAOC, because a small force of good players, with defined classes, could beat larger groups. In GW2 it s all about the dps, and size of zerg. No one can tell me a group of 5(insert classes) in GW2 could take out 20+ if they re good players. In DAOC you could, because of skill, and class definition.

Originally posted by Lorkii

2,3,4) Play WvW.

It happened in DAOC, because a small force of good players, with defined classes, could beat larger groups. In GW2 it s all about the dps, and size of zerg. No one can tell me a group of 5(insert classes) in GW2 could take out 20+ if they re good players. In DAOC you could, because of skill, and class definition.

I'll take your word for it. I haven't done much RvR in GW2 yet, but since all its mechanics are so similar to DAoC I assumed this would be the case. Still, the statement stands, that this complaint comes up all the time and hasn't been accurate, in my experience.

2,3,4) Play WvW.

I'll take your word for it. I haven't done much RvR in GW2 yet, but since all its mechanics are so similar to DAoC I assumed this would be the case. Still, the statement stands, that this complaint comes up all the time and hasn't been accurate, in my experience.

Fair enough, but it s the lack of GW2 class definition that hinders it in this situation.

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

Originally posted by Amjoco
    Best in game water fighting ever.

I agree. I still don't like it, though.

GW2's underwater combat is bad. Every other game is very, very bad.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    Underwater combat is a pain, and could certainly use some love.  The underwater exploration, OTOH, is phenomenal.  They really outdid themselves with everything you can see, just swimming around.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• GalthonGalthon Member UncommonPosts: 50

Fair enough, but it s the lack of GW2 class definition that hinders it in this situation.

I'd say it's more the lack of Mezz. You CAN define a class role with weapon, trait and slot skill choices. But you will never get off that beautiful, zerg-stopping AE Mezz and /assist train them to death. ;)

Originally posted by Galthon

I'd say it's more the lack of Mezz. You CAN define a class role with weapon, trait and slot skill choices. But you will never get off that beautiful, zerg-stopping AE Mezz and /assist train them to death. ;)

Thats true, but what I mean is, skald/minstrel/druid, you wanted these in your group, for the fastest speed, PAC healer for mid, i ll just speak for mid because thats what I played, you wanted one of these, not the best healer but not bad, other purposes. Shaman for mid, had 3 specs, one was a healing spec, and underplayed but was very useful, the other 2 one was an amazing debuffer/dotter, absoulte pain to take down, and hurt like hell. The other had alot and I mean alot of buffs, and if specced right, the best buffs that realm could offer, outside a few other classes specific buffs. Now if you wanted to bomb down a large group as a smaller group, you wanted a suppression specced SM, or later , can t remember the spec warlock. You take a shield/weapon/parry speecd warrior, and literally glue yourself to the healer of the group, with guard and intercept on them, you would be amazed at how much damage you took for them. The list goes on.

As you can see, theres a ton of class defining roles in DAOC, that GW2 just simply can t achieve. I know and I tried a water specced ELE, but I mainly switched to fire, so I could at least do something too, as it was all about the dps, every single time I went out. In pve it wasn t bad, but in WvW, healing was outdamaged immensly, there wa no point to do so. 

• Stx11Stx11 Member Posts: 415

A small group of highly-skilled players can still out-maneuver and defeat a larger force, but they have to do it in slightly different ways. Just like in real combat in this game you have to lead the zergs into "kill zone" ambushes where you can bring your real firepower to bear - the Siege Equipment. Arrow Carts provide your AoE CC.

And honestly, if a group of 5 players could face down a group of 20+ "semi-competent" players in open terrain in DaoC I just lost a lot of respect for it.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    I hate underwater combat. Mostly because my traits don't work underwater and all of my most fun utility skills are not usable underwater.
    Originally posted by Stx11

A small group of highly-skilled players can still out-maneuver and defeat a larger force, but they have to do it in slightly different ways. Just like in real combat in this game you have to lead the zergs into "kill zone" ambushes where you can bring your real firepower to bear - the Siege Equipment. Arrow Carts provide your AoE CC.

And honestly, if a group of 5 players could face down a group of 20+ "semi-competent" players in open terrain in DaoC I just lost a lot of respect for it.

...uhhh, why? That's the mark of a good game, when the skill ceiling is high enough to allow people to become masters of their character.