It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I am ready for a new game. I originally started playing EQ1 somewhere around the release of kunark and enjoyed that game very much. After years of playing I started jumping from game to game probally the same as everyone, especially after the population started to decline after the G.O.D expansion. I found a few good games like :
1. WoW - Great game loved the battle fields. Way to many angry kids unfortunately - I have never had so many viruses on my computer as when i had this game installed. Not a single one since i uninstalled it. Coincidence im sure of it.
2. DDO - A one of kind game with probally the best combat system of all the mmo's. Just a bit burned out on this one. ( Currently playing ).
3. EQ2 - Probally the one I would like to go back to but it pissed me off they stripped my gear and wanted me to pay for gear I already bought the expansion for after i returned. I mean heh wtf didn't I pay for the right to wear this already??
4. Daoc - Another great game - the world had a great fantasy atmosphere and most of the people are pretty cool.
5. Aion - Loved this game until I hit 50 - End game was boring. I heard they fixed it with a expansion or two though i haven't comfimed it.
6. Vanguard - After they fixed most of the bugs this game was "Ok" but severely under populated.
7. Lotro - Decent game - A bit of a drone as you level though . Found planting cabbage was more fun than leveling on this one.
and some seriously bad games like:
1. Age of conan - Awesome graphics but much nothing else to talk about. My experience was the same as yours, it almost had to be since you couldn't go anywhere but straight or backwards.
2. Warhammer online - Fell for this one just like everyone else.
the list goes on and on........
I could keep going but what it boils down to is I am looking for a great game. Something new I haven't tried yet . I have research GW2 and it seems to be going through the same thing as wow at the beggining. I am sure it will smooth out and probally be a great game though I don't know if i could wrap my head around the fact that classes aren't individualized as I am acustomed to. I haven't played the new star wars or diablo 2 either but didn't play the old ones so pretty much no clue if thats my cup of tea. Ideally I am waiting for EQ Next or whatever it may be called which is probally years away. I guess you had to be there for the first years of mmo's to understand when I say...I want a druid or wizard to port me to a new game to camp a epic good time.