Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else just not like this game?

Comments

• NightfyreNightfyre Member UncommonPosts: 205

You can't really expect much from a game like this that puts a limit on itself by making it level based.  Games like Darkfall gave you the option of focusing on other things like magic for a month then you can decide to improve your melee combat skills or even your crafting skills.

Unless you have more options level games just fall into a pit of max level then grind, grind for gear to do Raids, or prepare till they bring out an expansion so you can do 10 more levels till max and rinse/repeat the stale formula of these games.

Secret World tried it with gaining skill/action points though it would eventually fall into the same path once you managed to max out everything and wait for the next expansion to add in more weapons and then dungeoning/raiding to gain equipment.

What the games need now is 

- be less soloable:  It's fine in the early levels but let's go with the Everquest formula to make you group if you want to get somewhere (kiting one mob for almost an hour was not getting somewhere).  Doing this also brought the lovely thing called socializing, where you actually (sometimes) talked with your group, laughed had a good time.  Not the dang general chat, get rid of that and trade chat and just make it those nearby can hear you.

- No levels - Ultima Online, Darkfall and a few others did it right by not doing this.  Doing this allows you to group with anyone no matter how skilled you are and still have fun.  Guild Wars 2 least allowed you to downlevel and play with your friends who just started without having to make a new character.   

-Put in lots of skills to keep you occupied on leveling, put in a progression meter with each.  You will level/skill up a day so much then it starts to slowly spiral down to where it doesn't move up as much.  After a period of rest it'll speed up again.

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759

I'm not a fan, but at least I don't have to pay anything if I feel like playing after I grow tired of MoP or if I just feel like messing around.

But it will not be a mainstay mmo for me.

• ianicusianicus Member UncommonPosts: 665
    I very much disliked GW1.....and was pretty certain I wouldnt like GW 2 but my friends who were buying it talked me into it, what I can say is that its better than GW1 in fact by a bunch, however Ive already stopped playing it....something just.....isnt right, its got no hook to keep me interested.
    "Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said…’I’m too drunk to taste this chicken." - Ricky Bobby
  • Thornz2000Thornz2000 Member Posts: 135
    I love the game

The world we know is going away http://www.graystatemovie.com/
    Look up Agenda 21 as well.

• VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963
    Originally posted by Rokurgepta
    Originally posted by kingotnw
    Originally posted by Kuppa
    You sound like an Eve player, are you?

No sir. My favorite MMORPG is Vanguard though.

Then I can see why GW2 is not a game you like. I played and ended up hating Vanguard and I love GW2. You love Vanguard and not GW2. Makes sense to me that way.

Hm you dont have to dislike other games if you like one, the guy likes Vanguard and you se that as an explaination for him not liking GW2, [mod edit]

• dariuszpdariuszp Member Posts: 182

Bought it... I figured if nothing else at least its actually F2P without strings... I just can't get behind it though. The graphics are fine and all, but I'm not a big fan of the art style. On top of that... This game is like a fast food version of every other theme park game out there. It seems to lack any kind of substance or immersion at all. I 'feel like I am playing a game' I guess would be the way to say it. However when I am playing a MMORPG, I want to feel like I am in a gaming world. Does that difference make sense the way I said it?

I know lots of you love it, and more power to you for that. I wish I did as well. Anyone else agree?

You just like to be hold by hands. That is to be expected after years of playing games that point you to the next step. Realize that GW2 is all about freedom of choice. You can even show middle finger to your area and your story and move to another race area from lvl 1. NOTHING stop you.

GW2 is more mmo than any other game. Watch this, he explaining it quite well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax-_06Acj8Y

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    Originally posted by Vidir

Then I can see why GW2 is not a game you like. I played and ended up hating Vanguard and I love GW2. You love Vanguard and not GW2. Makes sense to me that way.

Hm you dont have to dislike other games if you like one, the guy likes Vanguard and you se that as an explaination for him not liking GW2, [mod edit]

Have to agree.  I thought Vanguard was ok, I have nothing against that type of game, just hated its lack of polish.  I like EVE too, btw - one of the best MMOs out there.  Just like GW2 more.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136

Hm you dont have to dislike other games if you like one, the guy likes Vanguard and you se that as an explaination for him not liking GW2 [mod edit]

[mod edit]

Some games fit certain play styles. Some do not. Vanguard is a game that to me has nothing in common with GW2. So I can understand why a person who loved vanguard would not like GW2. [mod edit]

[mod edit]

Hm you dont have to dislike other games if you like one, the guy likes Vanguard and you se that as an explaination for him not liking GW2 [mod edit]

[mod edit]

Some games fit certain play styles. Some do not. Vanguard is a game that to me has nothing in common with GW2. So I can understand why a person who loved vanguard would not like GW2. [mod edit]

[mod edit]

Probably should have included some pictures

• IzikIzik Member Posts: 111
    Originally posted by Skymourne
    Originally posted by Izik
    There's a lot of people that don't like it. It's really not that good. 

Yet there are a ton that do like it. It's really that good. You say there are a lot of people that dont like it, like saying that makes it a failure. There is nothing in the world that has ever been liked by everyone.

Game hasn't even been out a month. Come back in 6 months and we'll see what the popular opinion is. 

Yes we certainly will, and i'll enjoy smearing your face in it.  have a nice day!

Swtor Déjà vu

[mod edit]

Some people like a reason as to why they hate something, other then I just hate it... that's always gets a follow up question as to why you hate it.

[mod edit]

• bosmer24bosmer24 Member UncommonPosts: 116

Well i've been wanting to play it,but the digital copy is sold out and i couldn't get it at my local wallmart(they were sold out as well)but with all these mixed reviews i think i might wait a little longer to get it.I'm sure it's a good game,but i am not sure i can let my mmo bias down to enjoy it,and for 60 dollars.I'm on the fence with this game,usally when everyone professes to love a certain game i run the other way(swtor) but with  GW2 i'm not so sure.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    I wasn't a massive fan until I gave it some time. It really is an amazing, albeit themepark game. Do I prefer sandbox, style games? Yes...but that doesn't make GW2 any less impressive.

Joined - July 2004

• kingotnwkingotnw Member UncommonPosts: 103

I don't mind being offered advice as to changing things up that would help me enjoy it more, it's cool if people offer sugestions. To the poster who said that I want my hand held. No, the direct opposite. To suggest that GW2 is a freedom and exploration game says to me you haven't played games other than theme parks in the first place.

In any case... I'm glad to see I'm not alone. I actually felt like I 'SHOULD' like this game given how positive people have been about it for the most part. It just hasn't worked out that way.

I don't mind being offered advice as to changing things up that would help me enjoy it more, it's cool if people offer sugestions. To the poster who said that I want my hand held. No, the direct opposite. To suggest that GW2 is a freedom and exploration game says to me you haven't played games other than theme parks in the first place.

In any case... I'm glad to see I'm not alone. I actually felt like I 'SHOULD' like this game given how positive people have been about it for the most part. It just hasn't worked out that way.

But there are rewards for exploring off the beaten path. But again this game like any other will not be for everyone. Some will love it, some will hate it and some will be inbetween.

I hope you can find fun in it so you dont feel you wasted your money.

Originally posted by Mannish
    Probaly the worst mmo I have ever played in my life but even calling it a mmo is hard for me to do. There is just nonthing mmo about it. 

Here we go again.  Haters gonna hate. Not gonna change anyone opinion by making silly claims every time you post here. If it is the worst why do you spend so much time posting about it?

A simple post about what you hated and then moving to a game you actually enjoy is what a well adjusted adult would do.

Probaly the worst mmo I have ever played in my life but even calling it a mmo is hard for me to do. There is just nonthing mmo about it. 

define MMO 

• IzikIzik Member Posts: 111

Biggest problem with the game is the low budget feel. I'm pretty sure's that the biggest turn off to people who have a high taste level. The graphics are not good. Don't believe the empty fanboy rhetoric - the game looks like a F2P asian mmo from gpotatoe. It also has the worst camera I've ever seen in an MMO. SPVP is basically unplayable because of the horrible, horrible camera. Your character has no feeling of weight and everything is very slippery and unstable. It's just bad.

Biggest problem with the game is the low budget feel. I'm pretty sure's that the biggest turn off to people who have a high taste level. The graphics are not good. Don't believe the empty fanboy rhetoric - the game looks like a F2P asian mmo from gpotatoe. It also has the worst camera I've ever seen in an MMO. SPVP is basically unplayable because of the horrible, horrible camera. Your character has no feeling of weight and everything is very slippery and unstable. It's just bad.

Might I suggest upgrading that TRS-80 color computer 2 you have to something made this century?

Low budget feel? That comes from your integrated graphics card on your Emachine.

Agree that the camera is bad, can't say the graphics look like your asian mmo because there is no anime look to them especially the females.  Graphics I can't say are going to be intense, they are not bad not sure what you are comparing them to that you can judge as bad; they can't make them powerful because you want the market open to more people not ones with higher-end computers.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Here we go again.  Haters gonna hate. Not gonna change anyone opinion by making silly claims every time you post here. If it is the worst why do you spend so much time posting about it?

A simple post about what you hated and then moving to a game you actually enjoy is what a well adjusted adult would do.

I am a hater because I dont like a video game. LMAO Why should I post what I hate about the game? I dont care if you know or dont know.  I dont want your advice or feedback. You dont want us posting on threads where people talk about liking the game and you also dont want us posting on threads where people dont like the game. Read the title of the thread. Its a thread for people that dont like the game so why are you even here?

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

That's a new one, comparing GW2 graphics to a gpotato asian F2P. Meanwhile I am seeing some of the most amazing environments and animations I've ever seen in a game in a playable fps for my system specs, opinion does surely sugarcoat or dumb down things by a huge margin.

I am a hater because I dont like a video game. LMAO Why should I post what I hate about the game? I dont care if you know or dont know.  I dont want your advice or feedback. You dont want us posting on threads where people talk about liking the game and you also dont want us posting on threads where people dont like the game. Read the title of the thread. Its a thread for people that dont like the game so why are you even here?

define MMO... to make me believe it's not a mmo or hard to be called one.

Of course you care. If you did not care you would not post all the time about this game. You obviously want people reading your non stop GW2 hatred. Normal people post what they do not like. People like you just claim its the worst ever and never back it up. Thats called hater.

The thread starter also thanked people for offering advice. So its not just for people like you who hate the game. Grow up a little and learn to debate like an adult.

I dont care if you post in threads liking or disliking the game. I am just wondering why anyone would put so much effort into something they do not like? And then make the lie of claiming you dont care. Your posts certainly do not reflect your claim of not caring. If anything they scream "look at me". Over and over.

• NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790

So educate us what according to you is a MMO? what is so bad about GW2 that you don't consider it a MMO? 

*this will be interesting*

Bite Me