Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Group Finder comes with Digging Deeper

TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247

Great news for all you team players out there – We are excited to announce that the completely new Group Finder tool will be available in Issue #2: Digging Deeper, which will be out on the 11th of September.

Because of our single server technology you will now be able to easily team up with players from any Dimension anywhere in the world and face the challenges in The Secret World together.

With the tool you can find other players from any Dimension who want to group up for any playfield or dungeon in the game. When you unlock the harder difficulties, Elite and Nightmare, these will also become available as options in the Group Finder tool.

You find the tool in your Menu or by clicking Shift + C. Here you can either browse and look for other people who want to do the same thing as yourself, or you can sign up and show yourself as available for the content you want to play.

When signing up you choose the playfield or dungeon you would like to play in, which difficulty you would like and which role you can fill in the group.

You can choose between tank, healer or damage dealer, but because of the classless system of The Secret World many of you will be able to fill more than one role, so you can of course choose any combination of the three, or even all of them if you like.

When you find likeminded players in the Group Finder tool you can easily send them messages or invite them directly into your group.

So look forward to Digging Deeper. Finding groups will never be the same!

Comments

• NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790
    Time to resub then ;)

Bite Me

• Segun777Segun777 Jade Dynasty CorrespondentMember Posts: 97
    Nice job Funcom, however does anyone but the few of us left really care? They're going to have to have to focus on longterm success...
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

I hope they ll keep LFG chat ,my favorite way for find teams

LFG tools I newer use,for me it is asocial crap...what is next ...dungeons queues?

Originally posted by JosephJR

I hope they ll keep LFG chat ,my favorite way for find teams

LFG tools I newer use,for me it is asocial crap...what is next ...dungeons queues?

Not this discussion again i am begging you.

Bite Me

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    I am joke ,I love  lfg tool ,finaly we ll get it
  • RawizRawiz Member UncommonPosts: 584

Yay, an awesome addition to a game with used ideas/quests. This idea is only from 2009.

It's a bit sad to see how the guy who created Longest Journey copies stuff from 4 year old WoW here.

Originally posted by Rawiz

Yay, an awesome addition to a game with used ideas/quests. This idea is only from 2009.

It's a bit sad to see how the guy who created Longest Journey copies stuff from 4 year old WoW here.

So what do you want them to do? doesn't all MMOS have some kind of group finder? have you seen Anarchy onlines group tool?

Ignoring this feature would have made TSW more original?

*confused*

Bite Me

Originally posted by Nikkita

So what do you want them to do? doesn't all MMOS have some kind of group finder? have you seen Anarchy onlines group tool?

Ignoring this feature would have made TSW more original?

*confused*

What I want them to do? I want them to delete this whole game and make a proper sequal to Longest Journey. Also really, AO group tool, how many things are there for you to grasp in that dimension.

As far as you go mentioning how other games have a group finder, AoC (Funcom cashcow) doesn't have one. This one had to have one made specifically for it. So no, not all have a group finder. And I didn't even mention games from other companies.

If you try to slam someone for their comments, search facts before.

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

Holy assumption, Batman! Suddenly I'm an Anet henchman, while not owning a single game from them.

I do wish people like you would however acknowledge, that games like Longest Journey were loved universally, while TSW isn't.

I love Longest Journey, probably my top10 games of a lifetime, that, however doesn't mean I love the current Funcom, I hate them to bits.

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

Holy assumption, Batman! Suddenly I'm an Anet henchman, while not owning a single game from them.

I do wish people like you would however acknowledge, that games like Longest Journey were loved universally, while TSW isn't.

I love Longest Journey, probably my top10 games of a lifetime, that, however doesn't mean I love the current Funcom, I hate them to bits.

That was a typo which i fixed.

However, i don't need to acknowledge anything here because TLJ was a single player game while TSW is a MMO and that too a niche one. two very different games and genre for two very different type of player base.

And yes i find it insane that someone would suggest that FC should just delete TSW because they wanted a TLJ MMO or simply because they hate FC to bits.

That is why i mentioned earlier it is pointless to have discussions because your  issues go lot further  than just dislike for 'looking for group tool'.

And with this reply i respectfuly bow out of this discussion.

Bite Me

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    A nice addition and much needed.

Why would someone who wants funcom to delete tsw even bother commenting in this thread? I think I've figured out why you prefer single player games over mmos...
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

Ive never even heard of The Longest Journey, and I liked AOC, AO, and TSW.  oh thats why I am here on an MMORPG site

Originally posted by Mardukk
    A nice addition and much needed. Why would someone who wants funcom to delete tsw even bother commenting in this thread? I think I've figured out why you prefer single player games over mmos...

I'm sure it's needed, paying to play a game that can seem like a singleplayer game must make one vengeful. You might just as well be playing Longest Journey.

Trying to make me seem like a loner with that comment about singleplayer-games however, that's exactly what you're paying monthly for.... a singleplayer game.

Originally posted by Myrdynn

Ive never even heard of The Longest Journey, and I liked AOC, AO, and TSW.  oh thats why I am here on an MMORPG site

Is that you Crow?!

• HybridvampyrHybridvampyr Member Posts: 61
    Ah this was one of the main reasons i quit. If i get bored of GW2 anytime soon i may have to take another look at TSW.
  • ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by Mardukk
    A nice addition and much needed. Why would someone who wants funcom to delete tsw even bother commenting in this thread? I think I've figured out why you prefer single player games over mmos...

I'm sure it's needed, paying to play a game that can seem like a singleplayer game must make one vengeful. You might just as well be playing Longest Journey.

Trying to make me seem like a loner with that comment about singleplayer-games however, that's exactly what you're paying monthly for.... a singleplayer game.

Funny, for a single player game I play with far more people than I ever have in games like Arkahm City. 

Anyways, getting back to the ACTUAL topic of this thread, I'm glad that they are adding this in. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    Originally posted by Myrdynn

Is that you Crow?!

I dont get it?