Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help us at SWTOR they are nerfing our characters like crazy!!!

Thanks for reading. Since I started playing SWTOR my Class specifcally has stuggled with being "nerfed" after every update. It is unfair, and has made me want to leave the game. I understand all classes get nerfed occasionally but beleive me for Jedi Shadows/Sages it's much worst.

If you read the new developer notes on SWTOR.com the list of changes to our Class alone is triple what it is for other classes. None of the changes made were anything that I have seen posted on the blogs that needs improtvement. Bio Ware has some nerve. Why can't they fix what people ask rather then do their own thing?

I will give it one last shot, since I do enjoy the game, to prevent horrible actions by Bio Ware and EA. If you don't know about the tanking/shadow/absorbtion (absorb in pvp) debate (nerfs and importance of tanking in pvp) please ask a friend.

Most recently they are trying to redsegin three of our abilities!! Most importantly our signature AOE move Force Wave. To me this was the best ability since the game first started and defines tanking in it's use in a damage king of way. **Please note that all tanks aren't the same, in my case I do very low damage so I need this, I already stuggle to get my protection up. In addition it's just a cool move and makes playing my toon fun. They are nerfing fun as well. lol. but it's true.

They aren't simply changing the numbers. The whole ability is being changed so it's not AOE, and does less damage (which I struggle to get as an absorbtion based tank).

And don't forget they are changing/redesigning/  three other abilities as well!!! So now we will have a large learning curve on top of everything else!!! We will get pummled for a while.

I made apoll on this awesome site (mmorpg.com)!! (didn't know you had a poll option built in until now). We have another poll going on @ misterpoll.com. Search for  the title, "What is your opinion on the coming changes to the Sage/Counsler's Force Wave ability?" (may be waiting for approval) or go to http://www.misterpoll.com/polls/566526 to see those results as well.

This is not spam or trolling. I play SWTOR for at at times 10-20 hours a week and it's not fun to see all your hard work go down the drain. Why can't Bio Ware use that extra time to add a new toon? Why do they have to go mess with things that aren't broken?

Comments

• HarttzHarttz Member Posts: 91
    Yeah this has been a problem in SWTOR for a while and to a lesser extent in WOW as well. I just don't understand why they don't make minor changes and tweaks to see if that will fix the problem rather than massive changes every 2-3 months. Inevitably, they don't test the changes enough and then have to go back and fix all of their "fixes" later. It seems to me if they didn't waste so much time yo-yoing class balance they could actually develop some new content for the game in a timely manner.
  • jjnoahjamesjjnoahjames Member Posts: 7

Word to that. There are hundreds of other things that they could be working on. The lead dev said he wants to make PvP "more focused". I never thought PvP needed to be changed, at least not in this way. What about the large amount of people playing it currently. I never have to wait long in queue. I have almost 100 blog posts over there @swtor.com and I never heard anyone say they want the game to be more focused, and less chaotic (the dev also said he wants the game to be less chaotic). I never heard any one complain about my abilities that are being change either.

As far as I know people love "chaos". I think that the PvP in SWTOR was a great mix of focus vs. chaos. I mean look at GW2 the PvP is so chaotic I can't tell what's going on half the time, 30 people on a screen is chaos. Swtor PvP is not even close, except maybe occasionlly on Alderaan and always on voidstar (but it's maybe only 15 people max). But that's what makes those maps unique and fun.

I want to apologize about the poll everyone. Two of the questions got cut off and I can't edit. Here are the full questions...

Question 3;

A compromise should be reached where Force Wave still hits surrounding enemies, carries the same animation and does the same damage, but the opponents behind would only get knocked back a smaller amount or not at all.

Question 6;

Force Wave should get three charges. After the third charge Force Wave will knock the enemies as far back as possible. Up to 500 meters. Force Wave is awesome.

• GormokGormok Member Posts: 379

These devs do not have a clue I gave up on ToR months ago, the Sage and Sorc classes are just laughable when compared to other classes. Low damage output, healing sucks since all of them has a cast time, and every class in game can roll over them no problem. I mean the only other class I could kill was another sage or sorc, before 1.2 I could hold my own against the other classes. They have really gutted the class as far as I am concerned, each update the consular/inq classes take a big nerf in some form or another.

As far as pvp being chaotic, it's suppose to be that way especially if running in a pug. That's called unpredictability human players do not react or respond in a set pattern the way the Al does. Even organized teams can be a bit chaotic when facing each other due, to the fact that the opposing team has no idea how the other team is going to react.

Originally posted by Gormok

These devs do not have a clue I gave up on ToR months ago, the Sage and Sorc classes are just laughable when compared to other classes. Low damage output, healing sucks since all of them has a cast time, and every class in game can roll over them no problem. I mean the only other class I could kill was another sage or sorc, before 1.2 I could hold my own against the other classes. They have really gutted the class as far as I am concerned, each update the consular/inq classes take a big nerf in some form or another.

As far as pvp being chaotic, it's suppose to be that way especially if running in a pug. That's called unpredictability human players do not react or respond in a set pattern the way the Al does. Even organized teams can be a bit chaotic when facing each other due, to the fact that the opposing team has no idea how the other team is going to react.

Completely agree. Especially with the unpredicatbility part. That's what makes things interesting.

Yeah so the Dev said he wants PvP to be less chaotic....and I'm thinking.....uhhhhh?

So what game should I play instead?

• GormokGormok Member Posts: 379
    Originally posted by jjnoahjames
    Originally posted by Gormok

Completely agree. Especially with the unpredicatbility part. That's what makes things interesting.

Yeah so the Dev said he wants PvP to be less chaotic....and I'm thinking.....uhhhhh?

So what game should I play instead?

To be honest I have no idea I tried GW2 but that got kinda boring fast. So now I am just playing Madden 13 and Sleeping Dogs really enjoying them both. I think i am pretty much done with mmos, a lot of them are moving towards this action based combat thing. I feel that is not the direction a computer mmo should take, it's fine for a console mmo, Not so much for computers however. But it is what it is.

• noncleynoncley Member UncommonPosts: 718
    This is what happens when the team designing PVP in a major MMO is led by a scriptwriter not a programmer.
  • altair4altair4 Member Posts: 158
    Is Sage/Counselor the most popular class? The standard way for MMOs to balance classes seem to be buff the least used and nerf the most common.
  • mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066
    Originally posted by altair4
    Is Sage/Counselor the most popular class? The standard way for MMOs to balance classes seem to be buff the least used and nerf the most common.

Nah, they use more of a "whine meter" buff/nerf method. It leads to classes that dont need nerfing/underpowered being nerfed more while classes that need nerfing being buffed.

It was pretty obvious since 1.2, but even nerfs before that (and especially reasons for nerfing scoundrel/operative in 1.1)

Just a fun fact - the game was way more balanced at realease, each update makes it worse.

• IfrianMMOIfrianMMO Member UncommonPosts: 252

God, m i happy i left SWTOR and my Sage behind.

I could not bear to suffer another  wow vanilla warrior pvp situation

• AhnogAhnog Member UncommonPosts: 240
    I believe all of the force users are overpowered, but how else could it be in a Starwar's game? Most people want to be a force user. Personally, I fancy the Trooper class. I've rolled five of them, each distinquished by crafting skills.

Ahnog

Hokey religions are no replacement for a good blaster at your side.

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

The launched game was so balanced at the later levels, it needed some tweaks like the tanks coulda done with a CC earlier but every class could beat every class at launch. Sure there were whiners going on about class balance but there always is because they don't know how to play the game. You watch people like Taugrim own with weak classes that people say were crap and it proves it lol. 

1.2 came around and ruined everything and changed the pace of combat to make it faster, which for me ruined the combat, it like shortened it by a third. The last people I knew playing quit after 1.2 and bioware haven't added anything since, still no world PVP, Ilum still not fixed, everyone still sits in the fleet station....

Instead of adding to existing planets and make them actually feel like Planets they're adding a new planet :

Just a mess.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by mikahr
    Originally posted by altair4

Nah, they use more of a "whine meter" buff/nerf method. It leads to classes that dont need nerfing/underpowered being nerfed more while classes that need nerfing being buffed.

It was pretty obvious since 1.2, but even nerfs before that (and especially reasons for nerfing scoundrel/operative in 1.1)

Just a fun fact - the game was way more balanced at realease, each update makes it worse.

I've never understood why companies do this. They spend all of pre-release and BETA  balancing the classes only to scew it up after launch.  

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

They keep shooting themselves in the feet.

Players asked for less stun and filling the resolve bar faster: they are doing the contrary.

People kept saying Commandos and Mercs have an issue keeping melee away, yet they remove one of the skill doing yhat.

Nobody asked for change in force wave and it's being nerfed

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by Deewe

They keep shooting themselves in the feet.

Players asked for less stun and filling the resolve bar faster: they are doing the contrary.

People kept saying Commandos and Mercs have an issue keeping melee away, yet they remove one of the skill doing yhat.

Nobody asked for change in force wave and it's being nerfed

Stun was by far the biggest annoyance for me in PVP. There were times that I would lose an entire health bar without being able to fire one shot because of stun groups.  Stun should be something that can only be used one time in a fight with a very long cool down. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• Esquire1980Esquire1980 Member UncommonPosts: 568
    The old addage,  NERFs cost subscriptions.  And that, OP, is the only thing that game developers understand.  Just my suggestion.