Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Back to WoW................

Comments

• tazarconantazarconan Member Posts: 1,013
    Originally posted by Tibernicus
    WoW does not offer anything that other MMOs don't do better.

If that was the case dude wow wouldnt be n1 mmo in the market since 2004. Wow didnt invented the wheel but it did better most of the things every other mmo had.

• ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676

Have a nice play with pandas dude.

Besides Gw2 needs coordination,reflective skills and a very good rig to play it.

So ye  have a nice play with pandas hahahahhaha

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005
    Originally posted by Loke666
    Originally posted by SuperDonk

Titan will be the next MMO I buy, I'm done spending money on MMOs that just don't do it for me.

And that said, if Titan is not the PVP I want, I'll once again return to WoW...

I have a feeling Titan wont do so well and that Blizzard will announce Wow 2 soon after its release. I would be very surprised if they dont already have a small team working on a Wow sequel. To make a MMOFPS that will take over after Wow is a really hard task and I have my doubt even Kaplan can pull it off.

While I am not a Wow fan myself the game is well done and I can understand people enjoying it. 

Im with you on this, I am looking forward to a WoW 2 im gonna be honest, go on, you can crucify me now!

• ThaneUlfgarThaneUlfgar Member Posts: 283

The best thing about GW2- no sub fee. So, I don't feel bad about also playing other games at the same time.

Edit: WoW being one of them.

• ZuvielifyZuvielify Member Posts: 168

I can't believe I am saying this, but I am thinking about returning to WoW too. That hurt a little.

However it all depends on how my priests are looking. I hated what they did to priests and healing in Cataclysm. The videos from MoP I watched looked promising.

I think Blizzard has innovated again with the semi-removal of talent trees. They giveth and they can taketh-away.

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

I understand some people going back to WOW and I have no problem with that but the reason here does not make sense. WOW PvP has always been sub-par to most games PvP. Worse since BGs got put into the game. There are plenty of games that I would go back to for PvP before WOW PvP. I would say WOW would be the last game I would choose for PvP because it is just to easy and boring.

GW2 PvP will be more tactical once they get everything running correctly.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by Thorbrand

I understand some people going back to WOW and I have no problem with that but the reason here does not make sense. WOW PvP has always been sub-par to most games PvP. Worse since BGs got put into the game. There are plenty of games that I would go back to for PvP before WOW PvP. I would say WOW would be the last game I would choose for PvP because it is just to easy and boring.

Arenas are anything but easy and boring.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• ZuvielifyZuvielify Member Posts: 168

Yeah, I basically refuse to pvp in WoW. I don't like the idea of having to get a whole different set of gear so I don't get crit to death or stun locked. 

tbh, I don't pvp much at all. The best thing about WoW for me was the healing. I used to have a lot of fun doing that...until cataclysm

• MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415

What shockes me is, if i remember correctly from my time lurking, the OP was quite a fan (dare i even say fanboy) of GW2. I think his sig read "Help me GW2. You're my only hope" or something like that.

If this was right, quite a shocker. Well OP, sorry to hear GW2 didn't work out for you. Hope WOW gives you what you're looking for. Have fun. image

• StanlyStankoStanlyStanko Member UncommonPosts: 270
    There's nothing that a panda named LeeroyJenkns can't fix!
  • suckm3suckm3 Member UncommonPosts: 187

I didn't want to do it, I wanted GW2 to be my last hope...

But, it's not. GW2 has it's place on my hard drive, and it will continue too, but it isn't going to be my mainstay MMO. I really, really wanted it to be, but the PVP is just not what I was looking for. I thought the "balanced" pvp and the lack of gear differences would of been enough, but sadly it isn't. There is nothing in GW2 that is like my rogue in WoW....

Maybe I'm getting to old to PVP, maybe I do need gear to balance it out when I have had too many beers (my favorite time to pvp). But I'm finding myself wanting to go back to the PVP my fingers know.

It's funny that I'm sad that I have to go back to WoW, but it's time for me to realize that nothing out there in the MMO market gives me what WoW gives me. And that is simple, fun, killing of others. I don't care about massive battles, I want to kill the guy in front of me.

I know now not to prepurchase another MMO because I always end up back on my rogue, ganking at will, under stealth. I'm sorry GW2, you will be a great game for many.... just not me image.

Ahahahaha. There you go ! Glad I canceled my preorder on gw2

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”? -Albert Einstein 

"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn. After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that neither does the ability to write.
    So if you notice that I'm no longer answering your nonsense, stop trying... because you just joined my block list.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    [mod edit]

I doubt affordabilty is the issue.  My guess is it's quality and substance.

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by Krystalmyth
    Originally posted by coretex666
    Originally posted by Krystalmyth

There is nothing in GW2 that is like my rogue in WoW....

No, there is nothing like the ez mode stunlocking class you're used to in GW2. It seems you will have to return to WoW to feel like you're a good player.

No offense, but this was very pathetic, but expected. World of Warcraft was designed to make people feel really good about themselves with a constantly shifting balance cycle that often made its more popular classes quite broken. You're a product of that. Not sure why you expected a game that strives to be balanced to make you feel as strong as you did when you were overpowered.

It's pathetic that I like rogue? I guess this type of response is to be expected posting something positive about WoW on these forums.

Rogue is one of the most difficult classes to play in arena at high rating.

That's awfully convenient. They sure won't have a lot of trouble getting there at least. Plenty of time to practice.

My point with my post is that the OP was sad that he can't find an equivalent to the Rogue class in GW2. A class designed strictly to take as much control away from an opponent as possible while denying control upon himself. A class that's perfect in any composition in PvP simply by the sheer power of taking the away the mouse and keyboard from a player possibly better than himself, but caught in the net of a class with superior design. Design elements that completely disregard an opponent. The OP is disappointed there is no equivalent to a class that inherently shatters a game so much, that strategies have to revolve around his very existence.

I wish WoW had a meta-game that introduced ingenuity in its PvP, at any level~ but it doesn't. It used to. Maybe~ but it's become a very stale title of fluctuating power that typically has the Rogue in a very strong position or a very weak position because it is inherently a terrible class that succeeds only by being broken in doing what it does best. Fortunately for GW2 there is no equivalent.

Yes, he can go back to WoW if that's what he wishes. That game is DESIGNED for people like him to play it. It is meant to be enjoyed by a group of people who want an easier experience, and an overall sense of worth despite a lower cap in skill. The entire game from PvE revolves around it, and yet PvP is somehow devoid of it? 

You really think Blizzard, the same people who dumbed down Diablo 3 to the point of idiocy~ who have made WoW the laughing stock of the PvE community in MMOs due to its ease and casual nature, will somehow not apply this philosophy to its PvP? The OP favors a game that makes him feel strong when he's not and playing GW2 is a sharp wake-up call, and who can blame him for wanting to go back to the dream? I sure can't. I'll call it out for what it is though. I can do that, at the very least. You're all entitled to play whatever the hell you want.

This is true,

There is no one stunlocking class in GW2, instead you get stunlocked by 3 or 4 different classes and killed. 

It was a nice rant and all, but a little stange when I'm doing WvW or the GW2 version of BG's and I'm constantly being stunlocked and killed.  You keep making an arguement in this thread based on people getting stunlocked and killed when the exact same thing happens in GW2, it's suprises me that no one's called you out on it.

Stunlocking happens in GW2.  Having complete control over your character removed happens in GW2.  The only difference is that it's not a single class that does it to you like in WoW. 

Balance?  Something else I keep seeing people go on about.  GW2 is no better balanced then any other class based MMO.  I've been playing with 3 different classes in GW2, and being melee can be both incredibly frustrating and incredibly rewarding at the same time.  The amount of AoE in GW2 is just silly.  Some times it can be literally impossible to do anything with a class that needs to be on top of it's target.  My ranger, while I may be able to keep him alive longer then my thief, has a really hard time actually killing anything, and the pets are for crap when they're constantly standing in AoE; they're always dead and interfering with trying to rez teammates.  My ele is great, as long as I'm using fire.  I can run fast, I can do single target dmg like crazy, then the AoE's are insane, I never seem to have trouble getting away from anything and healing myself.  Wish the ranger was as good as the ele. 

I don't really enjoy WoW anymore, and I do like and play GW2 at the moment, but the people who keep putting down WoW as if GW2 doesn't have the exact same issues aren't being fair.  All of the same things that you can point at WoW for and say that sucks, are right there in GW2, you people just ignore it and pretend like it doesn't exist.

OP prefers WoW over GW2, good for him.  (Imagine me rolling my eyes and shaking my head because all these threads to is lead to people arguing with each other.  Doesn't make any sense one way or the other.)

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791
    GW2 isn't for eceryone. I happen to like PVE and exploring far more than PvP and GW2 is awesome in that respect.
  • SerenesSerenes Member UncommonPosts: 351

What was your arena rating? Because last time I played 1600+ and things start to get pretty hard.

Yes Battlegrounds are faceroll to a extent, but Arenas never were.

I would not bet on anything changing that much in GW2 PvP it never did for the few of us who hated GW1 PvP.

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Originally posted by MMOwanderer

What shockes me is, if i remember correctly from my time lurking, the OP was quite a fan (dare i even say fanboy) of GW2. I think his sig read "Help me GW2. You're my only hope" or something like that.

If this was right, quite a shocker. Well OP, sorry to hear GW2 didn't work out for you. Hope WOW gives you what you're looking for. Have fun. image

Yes, I'm not going to delete or change old posts or hide what was my excitement for this game. I guess I loved the idea of GW2, but not the game itself.

This thread was me coming to the realization that I'm now done buying into the hype of any MMO, no matter how good it sounds or how many people are fans. I wanted GW2 to be my last hope, because for as much as I love WoW, I was ready to find a new home. Now I know better and will not be prepruchasing any more MMO's in the future. This was not an easy lesson to learn, it only took me buying Rift, SWTOR, STO, TSW, and GW2 only to return to WoW to learn it.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by Tibernicus
    WoW does not offer anything that other MMOs don't do better.

Ups, it looks you inserted by mistake word "not" in front of "offer". :-))

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944

I didn't want to do it, I wanted GW2 to be my last hope...

But, it's not. GW2 has it's place on my hard drive, and it will continue too, but it isn't going to be my mainstay MMO. I really, really wanted it to be, but the PVP is just not what I was looking for. I thought the "balanced" pvp and the lack of gear differences would of been enough, but sadly it isn't. There is nothing in GW2 that is like my rogue in WoW....

Maybe I'm getting to old to PVP, maybe I do need gear to balance it out when I have had too many beers (my favorite time to pvp). But I'm finding myself wanting to go back to the PVP my fingers know.

It's funny that I'm sad that I have to go back to WoW, but it's time for me to realize that nothing out there in the MMO market gives me what WoW gives me. And that is simple, fun, killing of others. I don't care about massive battles, I want to kill the guy in front of me.

I know now not to prepurchase another MMO because I always end up back on my rogue, ganking at will, under stealth. I'm sorry GW2, you will be a great game for many.... just not me image.

did you played sPvP ? tournaments there ?

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by MrReality
    No staying power in GW2. It is good for the short term unfortunately. Not saying that a 2004 created WoW is the almighty in gaming but it certainly has captured the hearts of gamers around the world. We just need Titan to be better. :)

Titan will be the next MMO I buy, I'm done spending money on MMOs that just don't do it for me.

And that said, if Titan is not the PVP I want, I'll once again return to WoW...

You do realize all indications point to Titan being a Farmville type of Social game right?

Good luck back in WoW.  God knows I went back a few weeks before GW2 released to check out the changes because I had nothing better to do at the time since I quit TSW.  Being able to kill Deathwing 2 days into my comeback was just to much for my mind to comprehend.  Whoever said WoW dumbed down the game for the masses was 110% correct.  To top it off 99% of the gameplay is set in an instance which is an antheisis to an MMO.  GW2 might not be the 2nnd coming but by god the worlds are alive and no one hangs out in a city unless they are doing it for ulterior reasons.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

To the OP:

If you enjoy WoW and have reasons to return, well.....more power to ya.  Frankly, for me, I have no reason LEFT to return to WoW.  All my characters are 80 or 85 (I think I have one 84) and I just feel like I've done everything I wanted to do in that game.  I suppose I could start over with a level one?  Maybe one day I will, but it won't be with a panda.  I have zero interest in this next expansion.  I'm all "expanded out" with WoW, which is funny, because I played through almost 9 expansions in EQ2 and still feel like that game has a lot to give.  If I return to a game post GW2....it will probably be EQ2.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• nsignificnsignific Member Posts: 212

I just agree with the OP. WoW is just king in my book, and even though people tell me I'm missing out on new games (I'm really not, I try them *all*), I can't ignore just how much better WoW is (for me, obviously, altough as God is my witness I have no idea why other's  don't as well).

It makes me sad that nothing has topped it, but then again, nothing has ever topped Street Fighter II, Super Mario Kart, Counter-Strike and countless others. Some things are just forever, evergreen, never to be surpassed or forgotten.

WoW is just one of those things.

I'll still try and play new stuff, of course, now and again something will hook me, I'm sure, but until Titan I have no real hope of replacing WoW.

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973

It's been about a year since I've played the game, and I just got the 7 day free email promotion for ramping up to MoP. I've been debating going back for some time now since none of the new releases have interested me. I'll likely be buying MoP to play the monk class (I'm a sucker for new classes), but this is a great way to see if I'll enjoy the game again.

I think WoW still has more activities and fun than all of the "nextgen" releases. Nothing else really seems to gel with me.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by rygard49

It's been about a year since I've played the game, and I just got the 7 day free email promotion for ramping up to MoP. I've been debating going back for some time now since none of the new releases have interested me. I'll likely be buying MoP to play the monk class (I'm a sucker for new classes), but this is a great way to see if I'll enjoy the game again.

I think WoW still has more activities and fun than all of the "nextgen" releases. Nothing else is really seems to to gel with me.

To each their own.  I hope you have fun.  I completely disagree with you on the activities thing though.

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    Originally posted by rygard49

I think WoW still has more activities and fun than all of the "nextgen" releases. Nothing else is really seems to to gel with me.

To each their own.  I hope you have fun.  I completely disagree with you on the activities thing though.

That's cool. Each game has things we enjoy or don't. All I meant was that WoW has more things that I enjoy than other games I've tried in the past year.

• KeyloggerKeylogger Member Posts: 250

Originally posted by Foomerang
    ah titan. its details are probably the best kept secret in gaming right now. part of me is hoping blizzard shocks the world with a fully realized sandbox/virtual world mmorg.

It'll be a Starcrafty MMOFPS with TF2-style graphics, EAVision's version of "Facebook" integration, a RMAH + Itam Mall + B2P+Subscription model.