Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Game is a Buggy Mess

StellusStellus Member UncommonPosts: 263

Don't do anything with the economic portion of the game. Reports of lost gold/gems during exchange, lost deposits into bank, and auction house woes. Every zone I hit has at least 2 bugged out quest hubs. Don't bother with the Fire Temple Tombs - even if you do manage to kill the Champion mob that clips into the walls, his chest won't open.

Last night, I was randomly disconnected from the server. Surprise! The log-in server was down again and I couldn't log back in to finish an event I was in. Once I did, I was put back into the Overflow and was given zero credit for my work.

I enjoy the game, but there is a LOT of work that needs to be done. This game needed more time to bake in the oven.

Comments

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,456

I'm 72 and I have yet to encounter a bugged "quest hub".

There are some broken things like in all MMORPGs at release (like e.g. the "zerg" boss in catacombs exploration mode where you can't hit the mounds except with AOE skills), but it's far from being as dramatic as you say.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Stellus

Last night, I was randomly disconnected from the server. Surprise! The log-in server was down again and I couldn't log back in to finish an event I was in. Once I did, I was put back into the Overflow and was given zero credit for my work.

I enjoy the game, but there is a LOT of work that needs to be done. This game needed more time to bake in the oven.

game is less than 2 weeks old and ANET has been patching daily

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/364257/GW2-Status-update-Sept-7.html

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

Calling GW2 a buggy mess is over the top come on what have you been smoking.

Yes there are bugs but it's not a mess far from it, sure there are some odd disco, some odd DE that dosent work as it should, TP is wanky, but majority of the game works flawless.

Since 3 days head start I have only come across 1 broken DE, some odd disco and some rubberband and TP is not a must for me atleast so early after launch.

If you wan't some game to be called buggy mess I can name a few....SWTOR at launch, Vanguard, Vanilla WoW had some realy bugged features including hard to login in for days.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

115 hours played and the only problem I encountered wasn't anything I encountered! I saw in chat that an NPC was missing that we needed to turn catapult parts in to, but I have had not one bad DE or quest related problem. The only real problems was a few days ago with the Trading Post and Mail and all that is working great.

Are you on a EU server? I didn't check your history, but I think they have had more problems. /shrug

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

There are some broken things like in all MMORPGs at release (like e.g. the "zerg" boss in catacombs exploration mode where you can't hit the mounds except with AOE skills), but it's far from being as dramatic as you say.

You're almost there, Cursed Shore is one of the most broken parts of the game. It's awfully frustrating having to deal with broken event chains, especially when the entire meta breaks. Then you have people slowly migrating away from the zone and popping in every 10 minutes asking, "Is Arah working?"  It's rather annoying.

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    I have noticed that some DE's are bugged, whether they dont spawn the correct mobs or the mobs sometimes dont spawn period. Yes its a little annoying, but most of the content I have experianced so far is working just fine. However I have not hit higher levels yet so I reserve my opinion on that content until I get there. Hope the bugs get fixed though.
  • DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    So far I have had one bugged skill point challenge with 23% world completion on my main and am playing five toons all above level 20. Hardly a mess especially after playing tsw which I think is a pretty good game as well but had way more bug issues in regards to quests. The thing I find the buggiest in game is the camera can bug out in wierd ways in tight spots and sometimes things don't render on screen at first such as weapons in hand taking a second to appear once out of water. 
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,823

I run into several bugged DEs every day.

The worst Ive seen was more than 10 in 1 day. Had 4 bugged DEs right in a row.

Also, its specially awesome when a bugged DE leaves a Waypoint contested. On my server in Fireheart Rise the southern 3 Waypoints(1 of which in a town) were bugged for several days.

So, GW2 may not be a buggy mess and ArenaNet is slowly fixing the bugged DEs but from my experience its not hard to see how a frustrated player may perceive it as a mess.

• NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790

Why is that everytime someone makes a topic about bug encounters, broken DE's and other bugged features i see same 2 or 3 people on very first page saying 'i am X lvl and i never encountered these bugs". I swear it is same posters every time.

Does that make OP's experince less important? we already know not everyone is going to encounter same bugs  but to say i am lvl 70 or 80 and i didn't encounter any bugs at all is just being dishonest..

Bite Me

• hupahupa Member UncommonPosts: 156
    I'm a lvl80 warrior. I've seen quite a few bugged DEs and 'Tasks'. They're annoying for sure, but it's not game breaking, and they will fix them. Throwing a tantrum over a few of them is kind of ridiculous.
  • WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650
    Originally posted by Xiaoki

I run into several bugged DEs every day.

The worst Ive seen was more than 10 in 1 day. Had 4 bugged DEs right in a row.

Also, its specially awesome when a bugged DE leaves a Waypoint contested. On my server in Fireheart Rise the southern 3 Waypoints(1 of which in a town) were bugged for several days.

So, GW2 may not be a buggy mess and ArenaNet is slowly fixing the bugged DEs but from my experience its not hard to see how a frustrated player may perceive it as a mess.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but where at? I've ran into one, in Gendarren fields, where the kiddies go to the pirate treasure they get stuck or something, they don't keep moving. That's the only bugged DE i've found. Just curious though honestly, where are these buggy spots at?

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• kartoolkartool Member UncommonPosts: 520

The replies here are funny. 

The game isn't a buggy mess! I've only run into this bug, that bug and another bug but other than that it's fine! You're crazy OP! 

The game has bugs, it could have cooked longer especially considering the fact that the entire economy is a mess because of the TP being down so much. It's not terrible but to try and say the game is fine is just as bad as saying it's a terrible buggy mess. It's somewhere in the middle. The account hacking really is the major concern. Anet is blaming it on everyone and everything - yes they're trying to be preemptive with emails to customers but I highly doubt this many accounts have been hacked because of some fan site being breached. The account hacking reminds me of Aion when it was launched.

• drekzdrekz Member Posts: 27
    Originally posted by Nikkita

Why is that everytime someone makes a topic about bug encounters, broken DE's and other bugged features i see same 2 or 3 people on very first page saying 'i am X lvl and i never encountered these bugs". I swear it is same posters every time.

Does that make OP's experince less important? we already know not everyone is going to encounter same bugs  but to say i am lvl 70 or 80 and i didn't encounter any bugs at all is just being dishonest..

YEAH!!!  Buggy as hell.  Just hit level 80 last night and I've yet to find a quest hub....BROKED!!

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,823

Originally posted by Wolvards
    Originally posted by Xiaoki I run into several bugged DEs every day. The worst Ive seen was more than 10 in 1 day. Had 4 bugged DEs right in a row. Also, its specially awesome when a bugged DE leaves a Waypoint contested. On my server in Fireheart Rise the southern 3 Waypoints(1 of which in a town) were bugged for several days. So, GW2 may not be a buggy mess and ArenaNet is slowly fixing the bugged DEs but from my experience its not hard to see how a frustrated player may perceive it as a mess.
    I'm not saying you're wrong, but where at? I've ran into one, in Gendarren fields, where the kiddies go to the pirate treasure they get stuck or something, they don't keep moving. That's the only bugged DE i've found. Just curious though honestly, where are these buggy spots at?

When you ask and I am forced to actively think about it the bugged DEs make sense to me now.

A grand majority of the bugged DEs Ive run into are in the level 40+ zones which were not open during the beta events.

So, basically these zones were not beta tested at all and these bugs slipped past ArenaNet's internal testers.

• kafka1984kafka1984 Member Posts: 83
    Sorry but from personal experience I have not encountered any Gem Store transaction errors. Quests so far are pretty enjoyable and not bugged at all.

Roll the Dice

• MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316

I only encountered one big bug so far playing and that was when a Skill Challenge was missing. They fixed it within two days of my reporting it so it wasn't a big deal. There are some bugs but the majority of them are not preventing you from progressing. And those that are preventing progression, they are working on and are fixing daily.

If you feel the game is too buggy for you to play, set it aside for a couple months and come back to it when things stabilize (including the economy). There's no subscription fee so you aren't out any money for doing so.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

Haven't really experienced any bugs in-game as of yet.  Appears to be pretty stable to me.

But I never experienced any groundbreaking bugs in TOR, either.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

I only saw one, it involved using hounds to find hidden separatists,  The hound would go and bark at a tree and get stuck there.  It most likely was barking at mobs that never spawned.  Luckily the second time I went to do the quest there was an event that led to a cave of the separatists to complete the heart.  This was the only really broken heart I found.

I've seen plenty of broken/stuck DEs though.

I've also seen plenty of those mounds and such that I could only hit with ranged attacks and not melee.

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119
    not really. i ran into like 2 major bugs. just skipped the quests and moved on. they'll fix it all within a few months. 
  • Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741
    I have yet to run into a heart quest  or a DE that was bugged.   I DID see a skill point in the level 75-80 zone way down south (forget the name of the area) that was bugged.   You have to kill a mob to get the skillpoint but he was untargetable.   Some players found out you can have a guardian hit the ground with a certain staff attack to knock it loose to do it.   The only other real bug in terms of PvE content I've seen was the final boss of the level 50 dungeon in the tree was unbeatable for my group due to a glitch, but then ironically self destructed due to another glitch.   Despite these instances, I'm not really seeing the wall-to-wall bugs and stuff personally so far.
  • eGumballeGumball Member Posts: 151

I agree with you, however, other people opening threads calling Guild Wars 2 for a '' buggy mess '' is also dishonest. Haters are opening threads, everyday, in this forum, about how bad the game actually is. However, when you check other sites, previews, reviews and threads with valid arguments, you see a whole new reality.

It is not about being a fanboi or a hater, but an honest person, and as a gamer, I think, everyone should respect the great work ArenaNet did.

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880

I'm 30 and I havent encountered any issues.

People want to come to the rescue to the game because of the many negative posts about the game by people who clearly havent even played the game (I'm not saying that tward the OP in this case)

Many of the negative posts on this forum dont really care about the content of the threads that follow but are meant to keep the title floating at the top of the forum list as long as possible because that where the most negativity is spread, in the thread title in the forum list and not within the discussion.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    If a game being a buggy mess particularly bothered you, then you wouldn't have picked up a new game so soon after launch.
  • teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154
    Originally posted by Stellus

Don't do anything with the economic portion of the game. Reports of lost gold/gems during exchange, lost deposits into bank, and auction house woes. Every zone I hit has at least 2 bugged out quest hubs. Don't bother with the Fire Temple Tombs - even if you do manage to kill the Champion mob that clips into the walls, his chest won't open.

ridiculous hyperbole aside, most of what you described can't necessarily be fixed pre-release, they are MASSIVE load specific issues.  And for the events, Ive seen 3 total throughout 63 levels that were bugged.  It happens, but can be difficult to nail down in a testing/beta environment because of the sheer amount of events and that they dont always bug.

The game isnt bug free, no.  But its certainly in more than acceptable release shape.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

Since yesterday, I seem to be running into bugged event after bugged event. Wonder whats going on o.O 

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**