Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Things i dislike(almost to the point of hating) about the game

ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670

1.Underwater combat

2.The fact that it colors your gear automatically when doing sPvP- What is the point of aquiring better looking gear if its gonna be red or blue anyway.PvP only folk can't take any advantages of the colouring system.

3.The fact that you can't make use of your pve stuff in pvp- in guild wars 1 you were able to go into pvp with your pve gear unless you created a PvP only character.

4.sPvP maps are way too small

Comments

• Stx11Stx11 Member Posts: 415
    Originally posted by Zadawn

1.Underwater combat

2.The fact that it colors your gear automatically when doing sPvP- What is the point of aquiring better looking gear if its gonna be red or blue anyway.PvP only folk can't take any advantages of the colouring system.

3.The fact that you can't make use of your pve stuff in pvp- in guild wars 1 you were able to go into pvp with your pve gear unless you created a PvP only character.

1) I actually enjoy underwater combat more in this game than any other I've played, but that's a total "personal preference" thing so it's hard to debate.

2) I understand why the color effects are so strong - they want sPvP to become an eSport and want spectators (which is in the works) to be able to easily identify who is on which team. Having said that I agree I want my custom color schemes to be at least a little prominent.

3) This one actually makes no sense. You know there are Vendors in the Mists which give you the ability to equip your character with "Max Stat" Gear configured just how you want it to be with Runes and such? And then sPvP "progression" is based on unlocking Cosmetics. To keep everything balanced they pretty much had to set it up this way.

4) I'm hoping for more variety over time especially since they said they are working on a Guild vs Guild mode. The map size feels about right to me for allowing teams to respond quickly and spectators to follow matches without people scattered over vast distances, but I can see where a more spread out map would also offer a noticeably different experience.

EDIT: If I were you I'd also edit the title to mention it is about sPvP and to not be so emotionally charged if you want a real discussion

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Best in game water fighting ever. I tried it in SWToR and broke my face! Even in WoW which has pretty decent movement, I felt like my depth perception was off a bit, and when I would backup It moved me up and back very slowly. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by Amjoco
    Best in game water fighting ever. I tried it in SWToR and broke my face! Even in WoW which has pretty decent movement, I felt like my depth perception was off a bit, and when I would backup It moved me up and back very slowly. 
    Swtor doesnt have underwater combat. Maybe thats why your face broke
  • FozzikFozzik Member UncommonPosts: 539

SW:TOR didn't have room for underwater fighting or swimming because there are no bodies of water more than waist-deep in the whole universe.

Everyone knows this.

Originally posted by Fozzik

SW:TOR didn't have room for underwater fighting or swimming because there are no bodies of water more than waist-deep in the whole universe.

Everyone knows this.

Pretty sure that was his point /wink

• ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670
    Originally posted by Stx11

1.Underwater combat

2) I understand why the color effects are so strong - they want sPvP to become an eSport and want spectators (which is in the works) to be able to easily identify who is on which team. Having said that I agree I want my custom color schemes to be at least a little prominent.

4) I'm hoping for more variety over time especially since they said they are working on a Guild vs Guild mode. The map size feels about right to me for allowing teams to respond quickly and spectators to follow matches without people scattered over vast distances, but I can see where a more spread out map would also offer a noticeably different experience.

So i bought a TV show not a game i take it?

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788

I can dig all you said op but not liking the underwater? Crazy!!!! lol ;)

I had a friend over who doesn't play mmo's, a straight cod head and he was super impressed by the way I jumped into the underwater world and started swimming around fighting off creatures. 

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,848

Dont like underwater combat because I dont like the choice of underwater weapons.

Also, 90% of Elite skills are blocked from being used underwater. Guardians have 1 underwater Elite and its their worst one. Whoo.

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

1.Underwater combat

underwater combat is the most fun ive had in a while. it adds a z-axis, making it kinda like aerial combat. it's amazing. perfectly executed.

spvp is spvp. not sure what else ud want from it. 

u can use your pve stuff in pvp, it's called WvW. look it up. 

So i bought a TV show not a game i take it?

sPvP in this game is heavily based on Team Fortress 2.

• Rotating maps
    • Hot Join
    • Auto-Team-Balancing
    • Strong Team Identifiers

Whether or not you like that choice is personal preference. But they haven't been shy about sPvP features or their goals for it.

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119
    Originally posted by Xiaoki

Dont like underwater combat because I dont like the choice of underwater weapons.

Also, 90% of Elite skills are blocked from being used underwater. Guardians have 1 underwater Elite and its their worst one. Whoo.

renewed focus is my favourite guard elite. im specced into virtues. it's amazing. 

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

1.Underwater combat

1. Have to agree. I find I don't care for the underwater portion. It just feels tremendously tedious compared to ground combat and not as fluid gameplay wise. The whole float to the surface can remove downed state thing is pretty "wt lol" too.

2. Not really an issue to me but I can sympathize.

3. You can in WvW. Just not in SPvP which is how it should be. The whole point of those is to have everyone on equal footing so it boild down to player gameplay making a difference not their gear.

4. They seem fine to me for the amount of players in them.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

1.Underwater combat

1. I really liked underwater combat until I reached higher levels and it took a lot longer to kill mobs.

2. I have no interest in sPVP but I certainly understand that complaint.  It sounds completely unecessary to color your armor and to remove the one motivation of that type of PVP, which is cool looking gear.

3. PVP should not be gear based.  No issue for me

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Swtor doesnt have underwater combat. Maybe thats why your face broke

Haha brilliant! Amjoco is on every thread like clockwork always making sure to put out some excuses. Also the depth perception comment is bollocks, you get depth perception issues in GW2, its something inheritent of the fact that you lack immediate points of reference, its not like GW2 can fix your brain.

On topic, I actually enjoy the underwater combat, the fact that there is no breathing is quite good, in fact I hope they add more underwater stuff I feel while there is plenty its a bit neglected compare to land content, I just cant use my pet shark enough :)

I agree with the pvp colouring thing, but its not enough reason to quit for me.

As a matter of fact I dont like sPVP very much at all, the whole completely detached from everything else really annoys me a little bit, and I also agree the maps are quite small and cluttered with stuff.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Xiaoki

elementalists is a lot of fun underwater with use of all 4 elements but i can see where other classes would feel a bit restrictive

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790

What underwater combat in SWTOR? it was an un necssary compairon to begin with.

Bite Me

• kafka1984kafka1984 Member Posts: 83
    Aquatic exploration + combat in GW2 is pretty fantastic =]

Roll the Dice

• Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741
    While not game-breaking for me, a highly annoying point for me is that when I search the Auction House for Armor, There is not a filter to show only light, medium, or heavy.   It seems like a silly oversight to me that as a ranger searching for armor, i need to comb through pages of armor for classes I can't use with no way to filter them out.
  • Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359
    Originally posted by Nikkita

What underwater combat in SWTOR? it was an un necssary compairon to begin with.

Heheh I think he knows that and was saying it broke his face because the water was essentially a wall ;).  At least that's how I read it.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359
    Originally posted by Paragus1
    While not game-breaking for me, a highly annoying point for me is that when I search the Auction House for Armor, There is not a filter to show only light, medium, or heavy.   It seems like a silly oversight to me that as a ranger searching for armor, i need to comb through pages of armor for classes I can't use with no way to filter them out.

Agree!  The AH really needs a better search function.  I actually thought the search functions in the D3 AH were really good.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    The only thing i agree with you OP, is #2 on your list.  I really dislike that we have to use those colors all over our gear.  They could just make us wear short cloaks or armbands.
  • RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by Creslin321

Agree!  The AH really needs a better search function.  I actually thought the search functions in the D3 AH were really good.

I can agree as well, I'd like better filter options atleast for armor.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• mustang2750mustang2750 Member UncommonPosts: 34
    DAOC did underwater combat better. Then again DAOC did pretty much everything better than every MMO out there until they ran it into the ground with New Frontiers.
  • FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

Underwater Combat: I do enjoy this, but mostly for the great sights underwater and the interesting little places you get to go.

For an elementalist, underwater combat isn't that bad because you can keep using 4 different elements and combine a lot of different little effects (some of which are pretty powerful, like the water 5 skill, but have a bit of learning curve).

Other classes will run into "spamminess" more quickly though, which makes the whole thing get a bit boring.

One of the hardest things about underwater combat is that you often get jumped by a massive amount of mobs all around you over and over again during some events. The aggro ranges on many of these seem positively insane. Especially when I tried to get into places like the "Flooded Castavall" in Bloodtide Coast and I kept going at it solo until it annoyed the liviing crap out of me.

Few other players seemed interested in joining in to do the event that was taking place there, as 80% of the couple who did try got owned in a matter of seconds and left soon after.

I could only conclude that people only rush for any underwater encounter if it is something like a huge boss event in the style of the "Blood Witch Naga" in the Kessex hills.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

That functionality was actually in the BWEs.

I think ANet disabled it while they are simply getting the thing to work. Don't forget every filter request is another demand placed on the TP system. We will likely see it back at a future date.