Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Review] Dino Storm: Cowboys vs Dino Action

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Splitscreen Games' Dino Storm is definitely something refreshingly new on the MMO scene with the pitting of cowboys against dinosaurs. Does it live up to the amazing promise that this embodies? Find out in our latest review!

Dino Storm from Splitscreen Games is a unique, brand-new addition to the MMO world. The game centers itself on being the cooler version of Cowboys vs. Aliens – it’s Cowboy vs. Dinosaurs. As a browser-based game, Dino Storm is already on a whole other level within the genre. With such common titles and themes that the MMO community is generally used to, it will be interesting to dip into a world that is putting its own spin in both theme and character.

Read more of Mobin Koohestani's Dino Storm: Cowboys vs Dino Action.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DrigusDrigus Member CommonPosts: 50
    The controls felt too awkward. I haven't seen a good browser game yet.
  • SenadinaSenadina Member UncommonPosts: 896
    Who is this writer?  There were some very awkwardly phrased sentences in this review. I'm beginning to lose confidence in this site's integrity. No sooner do I start to trust a reviewer or columnist then they are gone with the wind, never mentioned again. Then some new unknown writer with questionable credentials shows up for a couple of weeks and is gone just as soon. Who are these people?

• Amphib_IanAmphib_Ian Member Posts: 170

LOL browser based. I see a picture of a cowpolk on a dino and click to find out more. See those two words. Instantly know it's garbage. Maybe in another couple decades browser games will be up to snuff.

As for the review itself, don't be so wishy washy. I understand you want to try and give pros and cons but for reals yo, it just comes off as sounding like "i can't like but i dont want to not like it :( "

• Corpus47Corpus47 Member Posts: 13

Unlike a couple of the other commenters, I thought the review was well-done and very balanced. I'm always suspicious of reviews that either gush or rant. I thought you did a good job. Yes, the phrasing of a couple of sentences was a little strange, but I didn't get to the end of those sentences saying "what did the reviewer just say?!!"

Again, thanks for the very balanced review. It left me with the feelilng this is the kind of game my preteen son would love to play. And since it's free to play, I'll be able to feel like I can jump in with him and play a little, getting some quality father/son time, and not have to worry about buying something I'll end up only playing for a few hours.

• skoseemoeskoseemoe Member UncommonPosts: 4
    with all that said, do you ever think that little kids might like a game like this. my grandson would like this game  he is 12 yrs old . not all players are grownups . so to each their own happy gamming
  • leviboleyleviboley Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by Senadina

Who is this writer?  There were some very awkwardly phrased sentences in this review. I'm beginning to lose confidence in this site's integrity. No sooner do I start to trust a reviewer or columnist then they are gone with the wind, never mentioned again. Then some new unknown writer with questionable credentials shows up for a couple of weeks and is gone just as soon. Who are these people?

Mobin Koohestani is the author.

Considering this probably passed through a copy editor and maybe even a managing editor, I am sure this article was in far worse shape to begin with.

I do agree that some of these sentences are not ordered correctly and do no have a nice grammatical flow. As someone who has copy edited hundreds upon hundreds of articles I can say that these are issues I would personally correct when editing, but depending on the sites style and editing policy, as well as their workload, sometimes such sweeping changes are not feasible.

Combine this with the fact that it is likely difficult to get people to devote time to a game like this, especially with GW2 out, and here we are.

• ZereiZerei Member UncommonPosts: 24

lately what calls my attention to a game is just the "Innovation – 8/10"

lets give it a try... :)

• zellmerzellmer Member UncommonPosts: 442

Browser Game

/all interest lost

• happyfartshappyfarts Member UncommonPosts: 94
    anyone else watched Cadillacs and Dinosaurs after seeing this post?
  • zellmerzellmer Member UncommonPosts: 442
    Originally posted by happyfarts
    anyone else watched Cadillacs and Dinosaurs after seeing this post?

I listened to "Hate Times 8" while thinking about browser games and how much better a game featuring Space Vampires versus Zombie Dinosaurs would have been..

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    The concept is interesting and its too  bad it couldn't have been more.  I think the idea behind this game had some potential but as others mentioned, a browser based games doesn't inspire much confidence.
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    This game doesn't even deserve to be covered IMHO let alone have a review done for it. I mean look at all 4 of those threads in the forum for it on this site. Time better spent elsewhere.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I have to say this becuase i get the feeling many seem to buy into a lot of garbage.

Gaming is about FUN,it is NOT about well articulated sentences as some seem to think.Somebody that is good at talking about games,understands them and has a heart felt passion for gaming.The ones who like to make well articulated sentences and candy coat everything,do NOTHING for the community or the game,all they are doing is making articles to get paid.

The others for example Pockett and Ripper x are FAKE,they candy coat sentences a lot to do some ass kissing.That is NOT a good review/preview or what you want to call it.That is actually INSULTING the readers intelligence.

I am not even going to say weather i agree with this writers review because the IMPORTANT thing i got out of it,is he actually understands gaming and i got the feeling he really did play the game.I also got the feeling his review was from the heart with no invested interest either good or bad.

IMO maybe the BEST overall review i have ever seen on this site.

This is getting scary, read the best interview with Mr.Morrison ever on this site and now the best game review,maybe things are looking up.I think is mor a case of finally getting some good HONEST people involved on this site.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• BallistikaBallistika Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Thank you for this review, I  play this game and it has a lot of potential. His gameplay  is original and   gameplay in group is better than what I saw on last p2p. However, the games lack of content, and there are only 3 small map. To be continued, the potential is...

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Would be a great iOS game. I could see myself wasting some time playing it on breaks at work and what not.