Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A new Korean gem - possible sandbox? more westernish looks than ArcheAge

wizyywizyy Member UncommonPosts: 629

You HAVE TO check this trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNtB5DoJ6OI

Looks even better than ArcheAge, they say it's a sandbox, soon in beta

Found originally on Steparu.com and there's a healthy discussion already on Massively - http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/09/07/new-black-desert-trailer-impresses/

Everything good that's coming up in MMO gaming seems to be coming from Korea :)

Oh, and the name of the game is Black Desert Online.

Comments

• ThrennieThrennie Member UncommonPosts: 107

An interesting looking game.. I loved the mounted combat shown in the video.

I'll be keeping an eye on this one

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    not bad looking, the characters look like the best I have EVER seen.  The world looks similar to what we've seen, but the combat looks hybrid actiony.  Gonna check out the website now.
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306

Well, I don't know about the article, but the trailer doesn't suggest sandbox. I doesn't suggest anything but pure combat, actually, so it could potentially go either way I suppose.

However, if the trailer hadn't had the lead-in with the game name, it could have been mistaken for a Tera expansion.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern

Well, I don't know about the article, but the trailer doesn't suggest sandbox. I doesn't suggest anything but pure combat, actually, so it could potentially go either way I suppose.

However, if the trailer hadn't had the lead-in with the game name, it could have been mistaken for a Tera expansion.

I did think Tera a bit because of the combat, but it didnt have ridiculous oversized weapons, and the farming, harvesting and lumber chopping completely made me think anything but Tera

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    I don't know how the overall gameplay will be, but the visuals are nothing less than stunning.
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Engine needs some work. Comes across as Age of Conan V2.0. Sieges looked a tad.... busy. I hope they dont have the same issues AoC had.

Combat looks nice though.

• SephrosSephros Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Wait and see attitude, initiated.

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......

• nsignificnsignific Member Posts: 212

The architecture, city layouts and large open spaces is what got me hooked on the video. The impressive character detail (those faces!) helped as well.

Thought of Tera for a split second when they showed the combat, and if they have the same planted feel of waiting for the animation to play out, they lost me as a customer, but barring that this looks like a must play for me.

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692

Welcome to the party. Better late than never?

People have bene looking forward to this one for a while and chittering about it until recently with Tera, TSW, and GW2 distracting them with something fresh to rant about.

Hoping it turns out to be an enjoyable game, but as other said, all we can really do is wait to see the results of an actual playtest  or release abroad.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• GeekyBastrdGeekyBastrd Member UncommonPosts: 64
    Looks interesting for sure.  I'll be keeping an eye on this one.  Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
  • wr036wr036 Member Posts: 24
    The characters are absolutely beautiful. However, the eastern combat animations will kill any game for me. I can't stand the weird combo animations they seem to incorporate in every game. Also, is anyone else bothered how far forward characters lean when they run in eastern MMO's?
  • GeekyBastrdGeekyBastrd Member UncommonPosts: 64
    Originally posted by wr036
    The characters are absolutely beautiful. However, the eastern combat animations will kill any game for me. I can't stand the weird combo animations they seem to incorporate in every game. Also, is anyone else bothered how far forward characters lean when they run in eastern MMO's?

I've always thought the forward lean was odd but it wouldn't affect my ability to enjoy a game.

• wizyywizyy Member UncommonPosts: 629
    Originally posted by wr036

I don't see much eastern combat animations in the trailer, maybe a little in the hunter/ranger-looking chick.

The frenzied combat and powerful looking two-axed warrior absolutely sells this game for me. It's realistic enough, very fast and furious but doesn't look like over-the-top stupid Bayonetta/Tera/so-many-other game animations.

• DewmDewm Member UncommonPosts: 1,337

....do want

so black desert online.. doesn't really find anything on google. so how can I get this game?!!?!?!??!

Please check out my channel. I do gaming reviews, gaming related reviews & lets plays. Thanks!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BettyofDewm/videos

• VarossVaross Moderator UncommonPosts: 11,414
    To give feedback on moderation, please contact [email protected]
This discussion has been closed.