Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you aren't enjoying GW2...

Comments

• FourReelzFourReelz Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by Creslin321
    Originally posted by TwoThreeFour
    Originally posted by teakbois
    Originally posted by Sylvarii
    Originally posted by FourReelz

This thread is pointless. Why do you give a shit one way or the other if people like GW2 or not. Let those want to play it play it and let those that dont like it play something else.

I dont know why you GW2 people feel the need to try and make a point for GW2 and try and get people playing it. Your starting to sound like a Political Party in the way your trying to "recruit" players.

To be honest i agree,it's like the OP and many others are trying to force people to look at GW2 like they do,anything else is wrong.

Oh, and i like the game,i was in full beta so i really have played the game alot over the las three months.Your post is basically telling people how to play,like your way is the right way lol.

No, thats not what his post is saying at all...

I also find it hilarious that people (not necessarily you) have been calling Creslin a fanboy.  Dude is generally one of the most honest and fair posters on MMORPG.com, and not the type that would be a 'fanboy'.  

"Most honest and a fair" doesn't mean that that a poster is sufficiently such to avoid sharing certain, but necessarelly all, traits with the ideal notion of what a fanboy is. 

Maybe.  

I'm a fan of the game...no doubt.  But still, let's look at the situation here.

When I was playing TERA, some poster advice on a different way to play, really helped me enjoy the game.  I see a lot of folks here complain that GW2 is just like other themeparks, and I thought...hey maybe I could help them too!

And what do I get?  A trial.  Yep, put on trial for the terrible offense of liking a game for trying to help others enjoy it.  WTF has this place come to?

But what you posted has been posted a hundered times already. Some of it by you. And for that its getting tiresome. By now if people wanted to keep playing it they will. If they want to stop they will. Your OP rehashed for the 50th time isent goin to matter. That was the point of my OP. That these types of posts are getting just as old as the i HATE gw2 posts.

• DfixDfix Member UncommonPosts: 238
    Originally posted by vardar

Lol, someone loves a game, and people call him a "cheerleader" for the game?? And a fanboi??

really dont understand peoples logic on this forum......

never called him a fanboi. Just a cheerleader. the reason i dont consider him a fanboi is most of his posts about GW2 are lucid and well thought out posts.

But his pandering about GW2 and his incessant need to make people see the "good" within it makes him a cheerleader.

If he is a cheerleader, what are you?  A party pooper?   Just going in and spreading random negativity where it doesnt belong?

no one likes a party pooper

Party pooper? Add nothing to the conversation next time.

Well then he would be just as bad as you.

There is only one kind of person I hate more than a fanboi and that is an attention whore. Which is exactly what you are. You came in here to hijack this thread and make it a debate on the OPs intentions instead of comtributing to the subject at hand.

You came into the GW2 section saying you're sick of reading these types of posts? I think everyone is a lot more sick of seeing your kind of posts myself. If you made an effort to come across even with the slightest bit of intelligence people might actually respond differently.

Vivik-Cerberus
  • prpshrtprpshrt Member Posts: 258
    I wanna jump in and say that WvW is complete garbage. It feels like the zerging part of events thrown into PvP. The queues are terrible and you just don't level that quickly. This game is not by ANY means WvW focused or PvP focused for that matter. GW1's PvP was far superior and infact they actually sold just the PvP access pack cause there was so much to do in PvP itself. Many will disagree with me but I think compared to GW1s PvP, this is a failure. Oh and btw, I love the PvE aspect of the game. Level 60 and still going ^^
  • TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155

This thread is pointless. Why do you give a shit one way or the other if people like GW2 or not. Let those want to play it play it and let those that dont like it play something else.

I dont know why you GW2 people feel the need to try and make a point for GW2 and try and get people playing it. Your starting to sound like a Political Party in the way your trying to "recruit" players.

To be honest i agree,it's like the OP and many others are trying to force people to look at GW2 like they do,anything else is wrong.

Oh, and i like the game,i was in full beta so i really have played the game alot over the las three months.Your post is basically telling people how to play,like your way is the right way lol.

I also find it hilarious that people (not necessarily you) have been calling Creslin a fanboy.  Dude is generally one of the most honest and fair posters on MMORPG.com, and not the type that would be a 'fanboy'.  

"Most honest and a fair" doesn't mean that that a poster is sufficiently such to avoid sharing certain, but necessarelly all, traits with the ideal notion of what a fanboy is. 

Maybe.  

When I was playing TERA, some poster advice on a different way to play, really helped me enjoy the game.  I see a lot of folks here complain that GW2 is just like other themeparks, and I thought...hey maybe I could help them too!

And what do I get?  A trial.  Yep, put on trial for the terrible offense of liking a game for trying to help others enjoy it.  WTF has this place come to?

Evidently at least one person felt you were patronizing. I don't know your history with him and what he has read from you before, so I won't speculate on why he felt you were that way. This is one reason why I am starting to think that checking the history of different posters can sometimes be more harmful than helpful because it adds prejudices about underlying motives rather than just focusing on the post itself.

I can imagine that some may see the formulation "Anyway, the first thing you have to realize is that GW2 really lets you decide how to play it" as arrogant by implying that other games of relevance does not let you decide. Simply trying to find reasons for why someone would see your post in a bad manner without looking at your history.

As for helping other people: I am not sure which is the most effecient way to do that: by doing a general thread like this or replying to each case individually.

I can though be more specific as for why I could think some people call you (although they may not necessarely think that) a "fanboy": because you sometimes resort to mocking other people, which is a bad trait associated with fanboys/haters. 

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118
    Originally posted by Amjoco

I dont know why you GW2 people feel the need to try and make a point for GW2 and try and get people playing it. Yopue starting to sound like a Political Party in the way your trying to "recruit" players.

Because post like yours are even more pointless. 

edit: This is the GW2 forum and right off he told everyone why he was starting it. If you dislike GW2 go start a thread about not liking GW2. He is trying to help those who may want a little guidance.

Wow you really got me there. Dont know if i will ever recover from this one...

The OP is once again chreeleading for GW2 for no other reason then to do so. He has expressed his love and opinions of GW2 enough now that these "points" hes trying to get across to others, have been rehashed a hundered times already. His post of nothing new.

The "I LOVE GW2 so much and this is why you should be playing" Posts are getting just as tired as those " I hate GW2 and this is why you shouldent be playing" Posts.

Do me a favor.

Scroll to the top of your browser window.  Look at the emblem that is right under where it says "MMORPG.com Discussion Forums."

What does it say?  Guild Wars 2 right?

What does that mean?  You're on the Guild Wars 2 Discussion forum.

DON'T COME TO A GAME FORUM AND COMPLAIN THAT PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE GAME.

Your right. I shouldent have even posted in this forum. Not that i dont like GW2 or anything. lets nevermind that. Im getting tired of seeing all these " heres why you should be playing GW2" posts so i decided to say something.

My bad. Its my fault for reading forums in the first place. I should have know that i was goin to get flamed if i said something negative about GW2 or its community.

Silly me.

Yes, silly you.  You got all bent out of shape because someone came to the GW2 forum and posted some ideas on playing the game to maximize the fun aspect....if you want to try those ideas.  He never once said, "This is the way you should play".  In fact, he gave an example of his own experience from another game where he wasn't having fun until other people ON THIS WEBSITE gave him some pointers.  So, did they "tell him how to play the game"? or did they give him some ideas on trying new things in a game he was interested in but not having fun with.

If you don't want to take his unsolicited advice, fine, don't.  But why do you feel the need to come to his posting and complain about his post and not even get the point of the post?

Also, if you post something negative about the game but have sound reasons for doing so, then most "fanbois" like us will realize you have a legit gripe.  Some may even agree with you.  If, however, you jump on a post without having a clue about what it's really about and spout off nonsense (like you did in this case), then people will call you on it.  I'm sure that you think we're just flaming you because YOU possibly couldn't be wrong in this case, could you?

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• FourReelzFourReelz Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by Psychow

Wait, there's crafting and PvP in this game? Whoa...

Good thing I stumbled into this thread!! image

ROFL!

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

Maybe.  

Evidently at least one person felt you were patronizing. I don't know your history with him and what he has read from you before, so I won't speculate on why he felt you were that way. This is one reason why I am starting to think that checking the history of different posters can sometimes be more harmful than helpful because it adds prejudices about underlying motives rather than just focusing on the post itself.

I can imagine that some may see the formulation "Anyway, the first thing you have to realize is that GW2 really lets you decide how to play it" as arrogant by implying that other games of relevance does not let you decide. Simply trying to find reasons for why someone would see your post in a bad manner without looking at your history.

As for helping other people: I am not sure which is the most effecient way to do that: by doing a general thread like this or replying to each case individually.

I can though be more specific as for why I could think some people call you (although they may not necessarely think that) a "fanboy": because you sometimes resort to mocking other people, which is a bad trait associated with fanboys/haters. 

My motivation to coming to the GW2 forum is...

I like the game and I want to talk about it.  I dunno if that makes me a fanboi, a shill, a cheerleader or whatever crazy motivations people want to attribute to me...but I think it's a pretty honest and simple motivation.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650
    Originally posted by vardar

Lol, someone loves a game, and people call him a "cheerleader" for the game?? And a fanboi??

really dont understand peoples logic on this forum......

never called him a fanboi. Just a cheerleader. the reason i dont consider him a fanboi is most of his posts about GW2 are lucid and well thought out posts.

But his pandering about GW2 and his incessant need to make people see the "good" within it makes him a cheerleader.

Hmmm, I suspect a troll account, recently made, has a very in depth understanding of Creslin's cheerleading past, also has a deep understanding of the GW2 community.

So I ask thy troll of bad. To which is your main?

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

Maybe.  

But what you posted has been posted a hundered times already. Some of it by you. And for that its getting tiresome. By now if people wanted to keep playing it they will. If they want to stop they will. Your OP rehashed for the 50th time isent goin to matter. That was the point of my OP. That these types of posts are getting just as old as the i HATE gw2 posts.

Then here's another unsolicited piece of advice for you:  Ignore them.  I tend to ignore the "I hate GW2" posts because I think they're ridiculous usually (although some do have some good points).  I also tend to ignore those posters who I know by handle on this site that use every opportunity to post something negative about GW2, just to post something negative.

So, at the risk of "telling you what to do", ignore posts like these.  You'll probably find that you, and we, are happier for it.

Originally posted by prpshrt
    I wanna jump in and say that WvW is complete garbage. It feels like the zerging part of events thrown into PvP. The queues are terrible and you just don't level that quickly. This game is not by ANY means WvW focused or PvP focused for that matter. GW1's PvP was far superior and infact they actually sold just the PvP access pack cause there was so much to do in PvP itself. Many will disagree with me but I think compared to GW1s PvP, this is a failure. Oh and btw, I love the PvE aspect of the game. Level 60 and still going ^^

I agree that it can feel like zerging, but I know that, for me, once I got into a decent WvW group and started messing with siege weapons and getting involved in the "big picture" more, it got a lot more fun.  In the end though, the actual player to player combat aspect of WvW is largely zerging.  The strategic aspect is fun though.  It will appeal to some folks and not to others I think.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Yup, I'm not gonna hide it, I love GW2...no doubt.  I don't think I'm completely blinded though, I have plenty of complaints about it...but the complaints aren't anywhere near to dealbreakers to me...just things that I think could be better.  Like the TIME post, I completely agree with nearly all their complaints.

I dunno man, you can I we had actual debates about things, and I could respect your opinion.  And pre-release, that's the way it generally was.  I may have disagreed with the criticisms and thought some of them were silly, but I still understood them.  Now though, it's just a circus.  This forum is ridiculous at this point.  It's like McCarthyism against fanbois and haters.

Eh...it will die down. GW2 is the new kid on the block and had some massive hype behind it. Whether it lived up to that or not varies per poster. Plus, you have those bearing old grudges from antics pulled on their game boards.

I mean if they want to trivialiize or slam this topic they may as well say the same about 90% of the topcs made on these forums.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

Look. Im not saying you cant like GW2 or trying to bash the OP in anyway. But these posts trying to defend GW2 play styles or how people got to 80 so fast or the liner way the world is set up or the ( Add reason for your dislike for GW2 here) ______. are just as, if not as bad as the hate threads.

All im saying is that for all the hate someone gets for there "i hate gw2 for x reason" post, a NEW "I LOVE GW2 for x reason and so should you" Post pops up and its getting tired and old evey fast. And thats what i pointed out in my very first post that got flamed for by the GW2 elite.

So say what you want its fine. But it doesent make what i said untrue.

What you said was untrue.  You tried to say that Creslin was trying to tell people how to play the game.  That is decidedly NOT what he was trying to do.  Just because you decided to take it that way doesn't make it so.

However, you seem to be entrenched in your false idea about this post so that leads me to one of two conclusion:  You have a hard time admitting you're wrong, or you just love drama.....

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

I agree that it can feel like zerging, but I know that, for me, once I got into a decent WvW group and started messing with siege weapons and getting involved in the "big picture" more, it got a lot more fun.  In the end though, the actual player to player combat aspect of WvW is largely zerging.  The strategic aspect is fun though.  It will appeal to some folks and not to others I think.

Yeah...I really enjoy WvW. More than I thought I would to be honest. I find it to be a lot of fun. My only gripe is that it seems the better gear is mostly acquired via PvE and doesn't really seem possible through PvP. Even if you collect up honor badges the weapons are level 70 ones? Really? Wtf is that all about? Unless there is a different vendor I'm missing with 80 ones.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003

You know, it could just be one person from the community and reaching out to people who are on the fence, aren't enjoying themselves but who might have missed something.

It doesn't have to garner and angry response.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly

Yeah...I really enjoy WvW. More than I thought I would to be honest. I find it to be a lot of fun. My only gripe is that it seems the better gear is mostly acquired via PvE and doesn't really seem possible through PvP. Even if you collect up honor badges the weapons are level 70 ones? Really? Wtf is that all about? Unless there is a different vendor I'm missing with 80 ones.

Yeah I agree...they should make it so you can basically live in WvW if you want to.

One of my issues with it is regarding leveling.  In WvW you can get good exp, but ONLY if you are lucky enough to be a part of a group that is actually defending or assaulting things...otherwise the exp is pretty crappy.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Helping people try to enjoy a game = fanboi /cheerleader on these forums just gotta accept that and move on :) nice to see these posts though where people are genuinely trying to help others.. Sad people still bash him for it... Anyway see yall back in tyria

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

Maybe.  

You have seemed a bit slighted towards favoring just about anything in relation to this game Cres outside the gold v gem debate.

However...not sure what their problem is with this topic. Some helpful hints for those to try and enjoy the game. There are topics stating they aren't enjoying it so not sure why it is an issue to have a topic trying to provide those folks some insight.

There's a huge difference between praising a game because you are blindly and hopelessly committed to doing so (the traditional definition of fanboy) and becoming a legitimate fan because so many of the game's features have proven to be overwhelmingly positive.  Anyone who makes fanboy accusations against people who fall into the latter category have their causality backwards. 

If, after passing one's critical analysis, a game emerges favorably, it will (and should) be spoken of favorably.  The opposite is true as well.  Fanboyism applies to one's approach to the critical analysis of the game, not the resulting conclusions. 

As for this whole thread, I'm really surprised you've let such an obvious troll get to you so much, Creslin.  We all know the purpose of these forums and of such threads.  So does he.  He just wanted nothing other than to rain on your parade and apparently has succeeded. 

Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Helping people try to enjoy a game = fanboi /cheerleader on these forums just gotta accept that and move on :) nice to see these posts though where people are genuinely trying to help others.. Sad people still bash him for it... Anyway see yall back in tyria

Why is being a "cheerleader" bad? Does it have anything to do with that several people may have disliked cheerleaders in high school (Merely speculation)?

• mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988
    People either have fun on they don't :) How can anyone explain "how to have fun" ?! o.O

Why is being a "cheerleader" bad? Does it have anything to do with that several people may have disliked cheerleaders in high school (Merely speculation)?

I don't have issues with term cheerleader but in gaming forums it seems synonymous with fanboi which is silly to me

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

I don't have issues with term cheerleader but in gaming forums it seems synonymous with fanboi which is silly to me

Oh okay, thanks for the explanation. 

I
    Originally posted by mazut

People either have fun on they don't :) How can anyone explain "how to have fun" ?! o.O

I have done it to many people for many games... Many people miss aspects or don't understand them and once things are explained to them better they can enjoy the game more... Just depends on the person and the reason they aren't having fun

• Grimlock426Grimlock426 Member Posts: 159
    Originally posted by Torgrim

Great post.

The key to GW2 is exploration, if you don't enjoy finding things on your own beacuse you are used to questhub system were exploration is pointless then yes I can understand if you have problem liking GW2.

If you find DE boring and bland well then you should also feel the same way with the quest hub systems in other MMOs which means you are tired of the whole themepark genre so it would be prudent to take a break or try other MMOs such EVE,Darkfall,Mortal Online and alike.

I agree with this post.  While I appreciate what the OP is trying to do with this thread, and it may help some people, but I'm of the opinion that people do genuinely want to like the game so they probably have already tried what was suggested.

My feeling is those who are growing bored already are likely suffering from overall themepark MMO burn-out.  Is GW2 a beautiful game...yes.  Does GW2 offer some innovations or at least improvements to the themepark experience....yes.  However it's not some massive change so those who had already grown bored of the WoW's/Rifts/SWTOR's of the world are probably starting to get fatigued at GW2 as well.  That's my take anyway.

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650

I know it makes it kinda hard, and it's not like you can gather crafting mats to work on your armorsmith or tailor for your guy too(so many high level mats out their). And you don't make much money unless you get in a killer defense and get like 20 "defend the keep" events. All baring gold medals. So it's hard to want to buy the crafter mats. Or even other armor. I kind of float in between WvW and PvE for that armor and money re-coupe and than go back out and blow it all on siege haha.

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

Originally posted by Homitu

Maybe.  

You have seemed a bit slighted towards favoring just about anything in relation to this game Cres outside the gold v gem debate.

However...not sure what their problem is with this topic. Some helpful hints for those to try and enjoy the game. There are topics stating they aren't enjoying it so not sure why it is an issue to have a topic trying to provide those folks some insight.

There's a huge difference between praising a game because you are blindly and hopelessly committed to doing so (the traditional definition of fanboy) and becoming a legitimate fan because so many of the game's features have proven to be overwhelmingly positive.  Anyone who makes fanboy accusations against people who fall into the latter category have their causality backwards. 

If, after passing one's critical analysis, a game emerges favorably, it will (and should) be spoken of favorably.  The opposite is true as well.  Fanboyism applies to one's approach to the critical analysis of the game, not the resulting conclusions. 

As for this whole thread, I'm really surprised you've let such an obvious troll get to you so much, Creslin.  We all know the purpose of these forums and of such threads.  So does he.  He just wanted nothing other than to rain on your parade and apparently has succeeded. 

Hehehe oddly enough, I kind of enjoy yelling at them.  Pent up rage maybe :)?