Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The XFire.com GW2 slide continues?

2»

Comments

• vardarvardar Member Posts: 282
    Why would  anyone believe Xfire?, You can really tell how naive the youth is when they make posts like this, really nothing here to debate....
  • TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by pags411

I can't wait to fast forward to spring where everyone who wants this game to be like other MMO RPGs has given up and left.  This game is perfect for what it is.  People keep saying "they don't get the point" or "there's no reason to progress".  That mindset isn't for this game.  That mindset isn't for many games.  You don't play tetris and wonder what the point is.  You don't play Halo online and wonder what the point is.  In this game, levels don't mean much.  People are grinding to the level cap and proclaiming that there's nothing left to do.  It's like picking Darksiders 2, playing it for 72 hours without stopping, and saying there's not even a week of content to play. 

This game is just meant to pick up and play.  You don't grind it, you don't work towards some thing to have or equip.  You play.  You play with friends, you make new friends to play with, you explore the world, you explore pvp options, you explore dungeons.  You just...play.  Everyone who thinks this sounds dumb should go back to whichever MMO they've been enjoying.  There are tons of virtual skinner boxes out there.  Go get yours, leave us ours.

Are you refering to the "grind for rewards" when you speak about "virtual skinner boxes"? Because if that is the case, Guild Wars 2 has plenty of that for comestic rewards.

• dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541
    is Xfire important in measuring MMO populations? 

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Well, I'm not on XFire, but I've slowed down to a few hours a night from the initial madness. Not a loss of a player, just settling into a more realistic schedule.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359
    Originally posted by SaunZ

LOL... i just thought I would post a stat to see the reaction.  Again, i have no vested interest in GW2 (either way).  I do love watching the forums on mmorpg.

Creslin321 seemed to get it with his random stat prediction.

Did i mention lately that his avatar is SO 4cute!

SZ

Haha Peter Dinklage appreciates your compliment ;).

Also, I wouldn't call my stat prediction all that random ;).

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by SnarlingWolf
    Well at least tomorrow people can start comparing the same days of the week to keep the XFire topic rolling. So they can have Friday to Friday and then Saturday to Saturday numbers and the fun posts can continue.

Well I think that is a mistake as well.  In my /age thread people were averaging 10 + hours a day.  That is not sustainable.

I think starting this week we will start to see more of a realistic representation of gamers normal playtime.

If anything, the upcoming week should be used as a baseline for future comparisons.

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522
    In my epxerience there's not that many MMO gamers that use xfire so the statistics aren't representative of the community as a whole. From all the guilds I've been in for all mmo's I played there were in total 3 members that used it, most of the others didn't even know what it is.
  • knightauditknightaudit Member UncommonPosts: 389

I play GW2 and I do not have Xfire ... where is my number in all this.

Basing numbers off one system is like saying that only Ford sales tells you what people are driving

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by TwoThreeFour
    Originally posted by xpiher
    Originally posted by TwoThreeFour
    So perhaps it did peak after all, like it was suggested in the other thread?

It will peak again during X-mas. And X-fire isn't a very good statistic. There are people who play 40hrs+ a week that don't use the tool. A better indication is server load level. Once it drops down to medium, then you can say there is a definitive slide in population. 

Yeah, I meant the Xfire peak, rather than the actual activity peak inside the game. Given that SWTOR artificially rescaled their server capacity signs at some point, I don't completely trust ingame "server load status" anymore. 

As for the statistical implication, I rather not get into the whole SWTOR argumentation again, so I'll just leave it at that I was refering to the Xfire peak.

Have to admit this is a good point... the way ANet has been increasing server capacity (and adding more servers) should have full servers start showing up as highly populated.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154
    Originally posted by SaunZ

LOL... i just thought I would post a stat to see the reaction.  Again, i have no vested interest in GW2 (either way).  I do love watching the forums on mmorpg.

so you admit to trolling? 

• SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472

You have got to admit that it is hilarious watching people try to explain math and stats that obviously do not understand math and stats.  I LOVE the one saying you can't use Ford to judge what people are driving.  Or those that would say that XFire can't be figured in to a population set or sample.

Stand back, open your eyes and see!   MMORPG.com is one of the best MMOs out there and it is F2P with no Sub.

I LOVE you peepz!

SZ

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    There have been Xfire threads and they've never gone anywhere good so they have been locked in here recently under MikeB's decision. http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5277723#5277723

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.