Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ok maybe I was wrong

Comments

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by BarCrow

What to me approaches the level of ridiculous...is the number of people who spell "ridiculous" as "rediculous".

AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!

I mean....it's not a typo because "e" is nowhere near "I"...and what's worse is we are typing on machines that can tell us the correct spelling of a word in less than a second.

LOL I thought the exact same thing but wasn't going to say anything about it.. thanks for posting that lol

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    OP, you do understand that ANET has a special place to post hack issues right? And typically speaking, ANET is actual good at getting people back the stuff they lost. If i wasn't on my phone I would give you examples.

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240
    Originally posted by Nadia
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    Originally posted by Drachasor

I again recommend to the OP that he post on the support forums and send another ticket.

I've always heard that sending a second ticket will cancel the first and put you back at the end of the queue. I may be wrong, but in this case patience might be the best thing.

dont open another ticket

the policy on old open tickets is detailed here

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/account/Info-on-Old-Unresolved-Tickets

And Nadia to the rescue with the info once again!

This site needs a search engine, and it should be named "Ask Nadia" :P

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777
    If you were able to convince yourself it was the "best game ever" then I appluad you. Maybe the best MMO released, why yes. But best game? I have played multiple other games that are much better, even if they were only 10 dollars (geneforge anyone?) and had a much better time. Guild wars 2 definantly ranks in the top 5 games, maybe 3 or 4, but I have had much better experiences with other games (for different reasons... they may suck now (pokemon) but I still appreciate them) and they have left me with wondeful memeories. Maybe in the future after I played more and had some more great memories, it will top my list. But until then, it remains 2 or 3 simply becuase of how FUN it is right off the bat. Wondeful game, and will remain that for me and many, many others.
  • MrRealityMrReality Member Posts: 43
    It isn't a bad game but it certainly isn't the mmo savior or second coming of christ people made GW2 out to be.  Hype > GW2.
  • VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Originally posted by IceAge
    Originally posted by Emerwyn
    Originally posted by jpnole
    Originally posted by Sorrow

Starting to think I may have been wrong about GW2 being the best game ever. Don't get me wrong its a great world, fun and engaging. However, the level of incompentance in addressing some rather serious game breaking issues aproaches a level of rediculous. On top of the failures of the development team to take these bugs head on and deal with them in a timely manner, the outright failure on the part of the support staff is nothing short of criminal. 

Just do a base scan of the official account forums and you will quickly realize there are some horrific issues with the game that are not being dealt with in a timely or accurate manner.

Frankly I now understand the justification of paying a month subscription fee if that is what is required to provide a quality support team.

On a personal note so far I have lost $50 worth of gems, 7 gold, and everything that was in my primary bank box.

However compared to people that havent even been able to play the game at all yet due to account issues I consider myself doing good.

No offense, but the fact you didn't receive your gems (if that's even true) has nothing to do with the fantastic quality or long term fate of GW2.

Problem is that "fantastic quality or longe term fate of GW2" is your own opinion. What OP says are solid facts.

Is his own opinion, my opinion and same opinion for others ( thusands of hundres of milions :) ).

Anyway , think is , there are solid facts, true! But saying that a game may not be the best ever, because she lost ( for now ) 50$ and 7 gold it's kind of ... bleah! Ok ok , there are players who have tehnical problems and such, but every product on the market have unhappy customers! Cars, computers , you name it, but that does not mean that the product is not good/perfect/etc for others. There will always be a % of unhappy customer. Heck , even me right now , i am unhappy, because I tried those chips and .. I don't like them at all ! But that does not make them bad for everyone!

I beg your pardon, but few people who have bad experiences with some aspect of a game or service, can walk away and not  have that disappointment or irritation spill over into the other aspects and tarnish or even ruin the overall experience.  She didn't say the game wasn't as great as she had thought it was in reference to anyone else but herself, so learn a bit of reading comprehension please.

Just to make it clear, community boards are specifically here for people to discuss their thoughts, experiences or feeling about the topic matter.  If you don't want to read about people who complain about your favorite game, then "choose" not to click the damn link.

• KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777
    Originally posted by Vorthanion
    Originally posted by IceAge
    Originally posted by Emerwyn

Starting to think I may have been wrong about GW2 being the best game ever. Don't get me wrong its a great world, fun and engaging. However, the level of incompentance in addressing some rather serious game breaking issues aproaches a level of rediculous. On top of the failures of the development team to take these bugs head on and deal with them in a timely manner, the outright failure on the part of the support staff is nothing short of criminal. 

Just do a base scan of the official account forums and you will quickly realize there are some horrific issues with the game that are not being dealt with in a timely or accurate manner.

Frankly I now understand the justification of paying a month subscription fee if that is what is required to provide a quality support team.

On a personal note so far I have lost $50 worth of gems, 7 gold, and everything that was in my primary bank box.

However compared to people that havent even been able to play the game at all yet due to account issues I consider myself doing good.

No offense, but the fact you didn't receive your gems (if that's even true) has nothing to do with the fantastic quality or long term fate of GW2.

Problem is that "fantastic quality or longe term fate of GW2" is your own opinion. What OP says are solid facts.

Is his own opinion, my opinion and same opinion for others ( thusands of hundres of milions :) ).

Anyway , think is , there are solid facts, true! But saying that a game may not be the best ever, because she lost ( for now ) 50$ and 7 gold it's kind of ... bleah! Ok ok , there are players who have tehnical problems and such, but every product on the market have unhappy customers! Cars, computers , you name it, but that does not mean that the product is not good/perfect/etc for others. There will always be a % of unhappy customer. Heck , even me right now , i am unhappy, because I tried those chips and .. I don't like them at all ! But that does not make them bad for everyone!

I beg your pardon, but few people who have bad experiences with some aspect of a game or service, can walk away and not  have that disappointment or irritation spill over into the other aspects and tarnish or even ruin the overall experience.  She didn't say the game wasn't as great as she had thought it was in reference to anyone else but herself, so learn a bit of reading comprehension please.

Just to make it clear, community boards are specifically here for people to discuss their thoughts, experiences or feeling about the topic matter.  If you don't want to read about people who complain about your favorite game, then "choose" not to click the damn link.

Losing money is incredibly important, and is no small thing. She has all the rightin the world to be angry, and hopefully it will be fixed soon.

• Requiem1066Requiem1066 Member Posts: 274
    Originally posted by Nadia

we've resolved issues to get approximately 9,500 players back into the game 

One can only hazard a guess as to how many  still remain unresolved. While it's a small % of the player base it's not a small number of people . While frustrating I hope the OP keep's that in mind and tries to remain patient, because it is a fare few accounts they have to go through, verify and return.

• chryseschryses Member UncommonPosts: 1,453

Sorry the OP has had some bad luck but its all percentages.

Most firms can pay on time 99.5% of their workforce.  Great number but if a workforce has 5000 people that means 25 people aren't getting paid. It doesn't mean the company stinks.

Looking at GW2 I have no idea how many people are playing but if its around 500 and there are issues with 2% of the player base that means 10,000 people have issues.  So I am not surprised the forum is hit hard but being cold about it, there is always going to be 1-2% having issues. 

This is not taking into account, pc setup, internet provider etc etc etc.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Originally posted by chryses

Most firms can pay on time 99.5% of their workforce.  Great number but if a workforce has 5000 people that means 25 people aren't getting paid. It doesn't mean the company stinks.

Looking at GW2 I have no idea how many people are playing but if its around 500 and there are issues with 2% of the player base that means 10,000 people have issues.  So I am not surprised the forum is hit hard but being cold about it, there is always going to be 1-2% having issues. 

I'm sorry, is that suppose to be the excuse that means people who are the unlucky few, shouldn't get upset or god forbid, vent?  We all react differently to stimulus, whether it's postitve or negative in nature.  I think it's more than a bit rude to tell people how they should feel about things that happen to them, as if your feelings should supercede theirs.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by Vorthanion
    Originally posted by chryses

I'm sorry, is that suppose to be the excuse that means people who are the unlucky few, shouldn't get upset or god forbid, vent?  We all react differently to stimulus, whether it's postitve or negative in nature.  I think it's more than a bit rude to tell people how they should feel about things that happen to them, as if your feelings should supercede theirs.

Theres a diffrence between being upset over your own issue vs claiming an issue impacting a small portion of players is somehow a game wide horrible isue that the majority are experiencing and the game is bad because of it.

• DrachasorDrachasor Member Posts: 2,678

Just so the OP doesn't miss it, I'll post again that they should resubmit their ticket and make a post on the official support forums.

Someone already pointed out that resubmitting a ticket is the thing to do here, and talking on their forums might well help get this resolved even faster.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Out of curiosity, how did you lose those gems and that gold? Was your account hacked?
    Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

No offense, but the fact you didn't receive your gems and lost your gold (if that's even true) has nothing to do with perceived quality/lack thereof or the long term fate of GW2.

WUT????

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan
    Out of curiosity, how did you lose those gems and that gold? Was your account hacked?

Not hacked the gems just vanished, last night, now I can not even access the trading windows getting an " invalid authorization " message in all the trading windows.

The gold I purchased crafting mats on the auction house, was suppose to be 40s it ate all my money and never did get any of the mats I purchased.

Still as I said before considering I can actually get into the game and its playable I consider myself lucky compared to what I see on the official forums.

• DjildjameshDjildjamesh Member UncommonPosts: 406
    Originally posted by sodade21
    So because something bad happent to you.. propably got hacked... all of sudden the game is bad??.. even at wow with sub at this point of release you would have delay on support.. i know i had to wait for wow support at least 4 days till they answe and qbout 5 till they could actually help me.. and so far gw adressing all of its problems faster than ANY other game i have played so far..

i 2nd this post.

I am thankfull that i have not encountered any problems so far.

• JonnyBigBossJonnyBigBoss Member UncommonPosts: 702
    I haven't run into any issues outside of a couple dynamic events being bugged and im level 63.
  • The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    You may not have lost anything then. I sold a white dye on the market, and also thought it was lost, but the gold arrived some time later.
    Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

It seems to me you are just frustrated with customer support, and not the actual game such as events, characters, etc.  It's a valid complaint, and the customer service should be a lot better than it is.  It doesn't stop GW2 from being a bad game though. It's designed really well.

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195
    Originally posted by Djildjamesh
    So because something bad happent to you.. propably got hacked... all of sudden the game is bad??.. even at wow with sub at this point of release you would have delay on support.. i know i had to wait for wow support at least 4 days till they answe and qbout 5 till they could actually help me.. and so far gw adressing all of its problems faster than ANY other game i have played so far..

i 2nd this post.

I am thankfull that i have not encountered any problems so far.

I've played pretty much every AAA mmo that has ever been made, a number of indies, as well as, a handful of asian titles.

Launch week for WoW had a 3 hour phone hold to get my issue resolved. Until now think the longest I have ever waited for support was with DAoC, 48 hours. 

HOWEVER, other side of the coin.. UO, EQ, Rift, AC, hell even TSW.. "launch week" support response time 15 minutes or less.

Point is if you care about your customers, you provide adequet, better yet more than adequet customer service.. ESPECIALLY during launch week.

• LokbergLokberg Member Posts: 315
    Originally posted by MrReality
    It isn't a bad game but it certainly isn't the mmo savior or second coming of christ people made GW2 out to be.  Hype > GW2.

Oh the only ones i seen use this line are  people trying to bash the game give me one thread were it have been used positive in a serious way please.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Lokberg
    Originally posted by MrReality

Oh the only ones i seen use this line are  people trying to bash the game give me one thread were it have been used positive in a serious way please.

Certainly the line is based on sarcasm. But there is some truth behind it. You know what happens in EVERY thread (without exception) where someone states why "GW2 isn't all that". It does almost borderline on religious fanatacism with some posters.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

You were hacked? That sucks...

The game is actually growing on me although frankly their customer service overall so far has been rather pitiful. Really no excuse for it.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• Stx11Stx11 Member Posts: 415
    From ANet's Sept 7 Update

Trading Post
    Trading Post item and gold delivery was slow for part of the day today due to a network connectivity issue between data centers. Delayed gold and items are being delivered; check your "pick up" tab.
    Gem Purchases
    We found some cases where players didn't receive items after purchasing them on the gem store. We have records of all occurrences and are in the process of refunding gems to all affected players. Note that refunded gems will simply be added to your account's gem balance.

Hopefully this includes you.... best wishes in getting your issues resolved.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    So because something bad happent to you.. propably got hacked... all of sudden the game is bad??

'exactly. Anyone else find it suspicious there's nothing specific in the post it's just a whole buncha complaining?

guess WoW is terrible because their accounts have been hacked even with the authenticators and possible inside jobs. huh.