Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I have never seen so many

TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

1 posters suddenly comming out from the woodwork to bash the game.

And the weird part is not all 1 posters are newly created.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

Comments

• TheIronLegionTheIronLegion Member Posts: 269

I'll simply reply with this ancient Chinese proverb:

• Requiem1066Requiem1066 Member Posts: 274

Maybe old accounts people made for getting freebies / beta keys ?

But every game has it's " alt " bashing. It's not entirely new or unique 

• TheIronLegionTheIronLegion Member Posts: 269
    I think he's referring to the sheer volume of " alt " bashing. We're rapidly approaching WoW bashing status and will need to jump to warp 9!

• UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066
    Another troll thread,how many more "why you say negative things about GW2" we only want threads like "the game is great" .

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Originally posted by Requiem1066

Yes I know that but as I sead I have never seen so many doing that one the same single mmo.

• TreekodarTreekodar Member Posts: 524

I remember when GW2 was about to get released and everyone was bashing WoW.

Remember that? It was a long time ago.

Eleanor Rigby.

• GrunchGrunch Member Posts: 493
    Maybe its because the game isnt as good as you think.

"I'm sorry but your mmo has been diagnosed with EA and only has X number of days to live."

Originally posted by Torgrim

Yes I know that but as I sead I have never seen so many doing that one the same single mmo.

Well my theory ( so might be wrong but people will probably bash me anyway ) is because other games have a centralised location people can air their concerns on , so unless you play the game yourself you miss a lot of it .

Lacking that location those complaints have to filter  somewhere ... be it Facebook, Twitter or here 

Originally posted by Sylvarii
    Another troll thread,how many more "why you say negative things about GW2" we only want threads like "the game is great" .

Great that you missed the whole point, good show.

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,267

Omg Guild Wars 2 is out start your engine's and BASH!

Ah but i didn't.

• vee41vee41 Member Posts: 191
    Originally posted by Grunch
    Maybe its because the game isnt as good as you think.

Are you saying he doesn't know his own thoughts? o_O

Don't really get that.

Ah but i didn't.

You still don't get it, lmao whatever.

Ah but i didn't.

You still don't get it, lmao whatever.

Ah,i get it lmao.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

It is a established shill technique to create multiple fake accounts and let them 'rest' to gain credibility from age. These accounts will be posted on now and again in a positive manner to add to that.

Forum shilling is just confindence scamming and employs all the same methods. To fool you the good ones need your trust.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by Vesavius

It is a established shill technique to create multiple fake accounts and let them 'rest' to gain credibility from age. These accounts will be posted on now and again in a positive manner to add to that.

Forum shilling is just confindence scamming and employs all the same methods. To fool you the good ones need your trust.

This ^

Also you have people like me, I made my account ages ago but only read stuff never posted on it for the first 1-2 years then I started posting. At that time my account would be with 1 post but 2 years old :D

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,267
    Originally posted by fivoroth

This ^

Also you have people like me, I made my account ages ago but only read stuff never posted on it for the first 1-2 years then I started posting. At that time my account would be with 1 post but 2 years old :D

My acc is from 2004, but I started posting around one week before GW2 launch.

Originally posted by fivoroth

This ^

oh, for sure... not every old account with low posts is a fake shill one, but it is a strong starter indicator and causes me to pay more attention to the poster's credibility and agenda.

True .. but sadly happens on both sides of the fence and 1 post people praising the game could technically be shill's.

True .. but sadly happens on both sides of the fence and 1 post people praising the game could technically be shill's.

Absolutely.

Praise your product, defame the competition's, usually on two or more different accounts. That's it exactly.

In a billion dollar industry forums represent an extremely cheap and effective way of opinion forming. Nothing on the internet is credible unless you know and trust the poster.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990

This always happens.

Can't say it seems any different to me

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

If you want I got plenty of posts and can start hate threads to balance out the blind fanboy threads being spammed as well. 

Either way, don't worry I got posts and the likes to represent and I'll help further emphasize the flaws to make up for the far more rampant fanboy-gasming on the forums. Not cause I'm a hater, but because people need to understand flaws and not ignore them so it can be brought to attention so the game can be improved upon. That being said, I'll be more then happy to point out what I did enjoy as well. :)

• MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly

This always happens.

Can't say it seems any different to me

Have to agree here. I keep seeing thread about how there's more hate, trolls, whatever, and now old accounts more than other mmorpgs.

Yet, if i remember the threads from the other mmorpg releases, GW2 hasn't been that different. It's been receiving the normal amount of both negative and positive posts.

• dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541

Negative threads about newly released MMO

nothing new at MMORPG.COM. Oh well, this is an indication that the game is popular at least.

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    This is kind of meta and a bit spamm-ish while the forum is super busy. Locking it.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.