Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The game is NOT really that great!

Comments

• soulfly205soulfly205 Member Posts: 32

Honestly one great thing gw2 has got right is the sense of community and the "we're all in it together" feel.

Rift's rifts were okay but they are lacking something GW2 has. Hell in Rift rifts became so unimportant because of raids that nobody hardly rifted. I think what makes GW2 have better DEs than rift is that is the best way to level. In Rift most people just quested and maybe participated  in a few rifts, or they'd quest till a rift event was over then wack the main mob once and get credit

• grimm6thgrimm6th Member Posts: 973
    Originally posted by bexinh

My apology for my English Gramma. As u can see i dont post in the forum that often as the matter of fact this is my first times ever i posted my opinion toward something. I just find rediculous when all the fan boys blindly defend the game. Yes English is not my first language and this is not high school. Thank you for fixing my mistakes but no thanks i got my Bachalor degrees. And please stop hating me. I'm just posting my opinions ... if u agree with me thumb up if not thumb down no big deal.

Yes...opinions.  I think you said something about facts, so I decided to rant about it.

I don't hate.  Period.  Full stop.  I don't hate you.  I don't hate anyone.

Players blindly defending GW2 would be if they didn't see that there are problems with the game.  I don't see this happening at all.  I do see a lot of people enjoying the game and ignoring the occasional problem here and there.

Oh, and yeah, I kinda missed that you had been a member since 2010 so my comment about you having so few posts was fairly dumb.  Sorry about that.

I used to TL;DR, but then I took a bullet point to the footnote.

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940

Ok so, everyone seems to be afraid of criticize "the greatest game ever Guild war 2" cuz its gonna upset all the fan boys outthere. BUT admid it GUILD WAR 2 is NOT really that great! The game doesnt rewrite the MMO history like all the fan boys always said. IT's not even better than RIFT. GW2 has no raid .... btw if u call the dynamic events (or rift invasion) is raiding.... thats because when the definition of RAID came out u were just 3 years old. The class system is stupid. Every game allows u to perform different roles these days even WOW allows u to do so. Gameplay needless to say its nothing innovate about it.... tab ur target and smash the hot keys... TERA has better game play than this game at least its something different from what outthere. Imo the only good thing about this game is its free. I remember someone in this forum said if this game wasnt free then the rating wouldnt be that good. And guess what ? its totally true. I dont hate the game, to me its average game its NOT the greatest game ever or the best game ever made. Best game ever made to me is EVERQUEST! I spent 80$ on this game played for few days and already bored. I really dont think imma play this game when the rift expansion comes out. ALL these for you fan boys to face the fact that its NOT the greatest game ever and its just another MMO better than some and worse than a few.

you use the " cuz " your post is meaningless garbage also mr, 3 post refering to new games to some old game like everquest is not gona give you any feathers in your hat , it dosnt make you any more respected player with opinions if you saw pictures from everquest and see others talking about it and then think " man if i refer always to some old game im kewl " nah many people think that way yes but to me is lame. so off with ya.

• Flo13Flo13 Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Originally posted by meari
    I think the guy's account has been hacked by some of our regular baiters. Joined since 2010 and his first post is to flame GW2?

I'm better than her/him: 2009. Maybe we like only to read.

For me is just another MMORPG in my life gamer list.

So I enjoy my trip and I wish you all the best.

On-topic: If  "The game is NOT really that great!", stop playing! Is so simple, more simple than in real life.

N.B. It seems that someone else thinks like you image: " Your post has been been flagged as possible spam. Please complete the Captcha form below to verify you're human."

• UkiahUkiah Member Posts: 273

Ok so, everyone seems to be afraid of criticize "the greatest game ever Guild war 2" cuz its gonna upset all the fan boys outthere. BUT admid it GUILD WAR 2 is NOT really that great! The game doesnt rewrite the MMO history like all the fan boys always said. IT's not even better than RIFT. GW2 has no raid .... btw if u call the dynamic events (or rift invasion) is raiding.... thats because when the definition of RAID came out u were just 3 years old. The class system is stupid. Every game allows u to perform different roles these days even WOW allows u to do so. Gameplay needless to say its nothing innovate about it.... tab ur target and smash the hot keys... TERA has better game play than this game at least its something different from what outthere. Imo the only good thing about this game is its free. I remember someone in this forum said if this game wasnt free then the rating wouldnt be that good. And guess what ? its totally true. I dont hate the game, to me its average game its NOT the greatest game ever or the best game ever made. Best game ever made to me is EVERQUEST! I spent 80$ on this game played for few days and already bored. I really dont think imma play this game when the rift expansion comes out. ALL these for you fan boys to face the fact that its NOT the greatest game ever and its just another MMO better than some and worse than a few.

You, like many others, don't enjoy GW2. Great. See that "<--" button in your browser? Click it. Those of us who are enjoying ourselves will be able to live without you. Really, it's ok. Don't worry about us, we'll be fine. Take care. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Originally posted by soulfly205

Honestly one great thing gw2 has got right is the sense of community and the "we're all in it together" feel.

Rift's rifts were okay but they are lacking something GW2 has. Hell in Rift rifts became so unimportant because of raids that nobody hardly rifted. I think what makes GW2 have better DEs than rift is that is the best way to level. In Rift most people just quested and maybe participated  in a few rifts, or they'd quest till a rift event was over then wack the main mob once and get credit

I've played both Rift and am playing GW2. I LIKED the idea of dynamic events in Rift and I'm enjoying the DE's in GW2. They ARE very different. I can't really say one is better than the other. The Rift invasion things were pretty cool, but the randomly spawning rifts were kinda 'meh'. They were actually very static in that there was a finite number of waves and they were all rather predictable. I liked that it automatically put you in a group/raid with those nearby.

GW2 does it slightly differently. I wouldn't say better or worse. Some of them are kinda dumb and some are broken. Some are VERY cool. I think, even though Rift put you all in a group together, GW2 does a better job of enticing people to cooperate, particularly the downed state and everyone being rewarded based on their contributions.

Again, I thought Rift was a good game and I certainly don't fault the OP for preferring it. I rather liked the lore and the environment and everything. But I take issue with "GW2 is a BAD GAME!". No, it's not. It has problems and bugs and things we're all getting used to. It hasn't been out two whole weeks yet. ANet has had some problems and I'd REALLY like to kick the guy who designed certain underwater events in the twig and berries. But ANet has a history of refining and perfecting things and I'm confident it will continue.

These constant "OMG IT SUX" posts, such as the OP's, are tiresome. They were tiresome with SWTOR. You people that post them seem to be laboring under the delusion that the rest of us are REALLY on the fence and your witty synopsis of how bad things are just might be the thing to swing us back to sanity. It's either that or you still haven't figured out WE DON'T REALLY GIVE A DAMN WHAT YOU THINK.

• bone12bone12 Member Posts: 31

n

not all games needs raids dummy.. Guild wars 2 is a nice system, Dungeon system,Event system ETc.. GW2 is better then Rift.. or Wow.. but not better then Tera..

• dariuszpdariuszp Member Posts: 182

You know, adults here knew from Dev Blog and from beta weekends that GW2 was NEVER expected to rewrite anything. Those who never played part in beta weekends knew this from YOUTUBE. 

Class system is not stupid. It's different. Calling something stupid just because you don't understand it just make you look... you know. Because of holy trinity in other games you will be helpless undying kid as medic, punching bag tank or some kid running around with a sword.

No one never said that saper can't learn how to perform surgery. Same with GW2. Every class have bit of defense, offense and healing. Some classes have more. For example Guardian and Elementalist (at lesast) can heal and help. Warrior and Thief are good dps classes etc. They are universal but they can focus on something. It's much much better than doing single thing entire time for EVERY F****NG LEVEL UNTIL THE END.

Terra can feel better because it's more flashy. You should notice that in GW2 you DON'T NEED TO TARGET MOB TO HIT IT if you are not a range class. Even range class could hit without targeting. Targeting help only range classes to keep aim at mobs and it give you information about given mob.

Rating would be good even with monthly fee mate. Because it's just a good game. Maybe you are not bored but lost ? From what you say - you can't play game that don't give you specific role, hold your hand from begining to the end and keep telling you what to do and how to do it.

And last but not least. Adults here were aware that GW2 is not suppose to rewrite history. GW2 did that WoW did years ago. They took best ideas out there. Then they look at the rest and they started to look how to make things better. And then they took some time and they made great MMO.

• bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    Yea that is true, i wait to for storm legion :) In fact even now Rift is much better game
  • JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519

"GW2 fanboi's just don't see, Rift fanboi's alright though dog." Pretty much sums up this post. Yes GW2 is nothing special other then being free and will mostly be forgotten a couple months from now when no endgame is discovered by all. However, GW2 does show alot of MMO's how good free can be and hopefully will put alot of these greedily built sub/cash shop MMO's out of business where they belong.

Originally posted by dariuszp

You know, adults here knew from Dev Blog and from beta weekends that GW2 was NEVER expected to rewrite anything. Those who never played part in beta weekends knew this from YOUTUBE. 

Class system is not stupid. It's different. Calling something stupid just because you don't understand it just make you look... you know. Because of holy trinity in other games you will be helpless undying kid as medic, punching bag tank or some kid running around with a sword.

No one never said that saper can't learn how to perform surgery. Same with GW2. Every class have bit of defense, offense and healing. Some classes have more. For example Guardian and Elementalist (at lesast) can heal and help. Warrior and Thief are good dps classes etc. They are universal but they can focus on something. It's much much better than doing single thing entire time for EVERY F****NG LEVEL UNTIL THE END.

Terra can feel better because it's more flashy. You should notice that in GW2 you DON'T NEED TO TARGET MOB TO HIT IT if you are not a range class. Even range class could hit without targeting. Targeting help only range classes to keep aim at mobs and it give you information about given mob.

Rating would be good even with monthly fee mate. Because it's just a good game. Maybe you are not bored but lost ? From what you say - you can't play game that don't give you specific role, hold your hand from begining to the end and keep telling you what to do and how to do it.

And last but not least. Adults here were aware that GW2 is not suppose to rewrite history. GW2 did that WoW did years ago. They took best ideas out there. Then they look at the rest and they started to look how to make things better. And then they took some time and they made great MMO.

Yeah, lot of people don't seem to realize you don't have to ahve a target to fire off an ability and indeed many of the affects, you don't WANT a target. There are several abilities on offhands that do harmful things to enemies and/or helpful things to allies in a cone in front of you. Also, combo fields.

I think a LOT of complaints are coming from either unfamiliarity, to put it nicely, or outright ignorance. Just tonight a friend was playing her necro in WvWvW. There were a ton of enemies in a narrow hall. She hit her signet to apply an asston of conditions to a target and then she hit her ability that spreads those conditions to everyone around. She wiped out the entire defending force almost entirely single handedly. She had never quite realized how powerful that combination of abilities was. She never really played GW1 so she had no experience with how ANet synergizes abilities like that.

• 2minokua2minokua Member Posts: 2
    Ok... if you want other game or not go for other one, every person in this forums go here and comment very bad of it... and blah blah blah... ok people we understand... please the people that don't like...post in the same post, no one for person -_- is very maddening every day the same situation... for 10 people who make this...
  • Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636

This poorly constructed and unsupported bit of opinionated fluff is barely adequate as a representation of the truth in the lower levels in the open PvE environment....

.... IF I am being generous....

As for the rest of the game - begining the gradual challenge increase in 25lvl+ areas and right from the start in ALL dungeons the game requires increasing focus and skill. At the top end in explorable mode dungeons great teamwork, use of combos and constant movement, adaptation and real thought in utlity and weapon setups - not to mention interrupts, control of the target and on the fly tactic changes are unavidable for success.

Anything less - you wipe.

Ah why do I bother - I am busy enjoying the game, or tolerating (barely) the interruptions in game services.

Why don't the troll community criticise the things wrong with GW2 instead of misrepresenting the good elements.

Better still - go and play the staid and preditcable TERA, or SW:TOR, Rifts or TSW....

.... we won't miss you in-game that's for sure.

• ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722
    Originally posted by Aori
    Originally posted by JimmyYO

"GW2 fanboi's just don't see, Rift fanboi's alright though dog." Pretty much sums up this post. Yes GW2 is nothing special other then being free and will mostly be forgotten a couple months from now when no endgame is discovered by all. However, GW2 does show alot of MMO's how good free can be and hopefully will put alot of these greedily built sub/cash shop MMO's out of business where they belong.

B2P and F2P will ruin the genre even more, I don't want COD MMO's. Companies just need to start putting out quality games that deserve a SUB.

Also GW2 has a cash shop..

Subgames like Tera, TSW, SWToR you mean. The one trick ponies of this year. Or sub games like War or AoC, which fell after a few years. Think you need to crawl out of your cave and realise the world isn't better the more money you throw at it.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

So I came here expecting to find a well thought-out post filled with arguments and such.

Sigh.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

These posts are so absurd.  Can you imagine going to the forums for other recent MMOs, exclaiming that they're "not that great?"

How great did you expect it to be?

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• TheIronLegionTheIronLegion Member Posts: 269
    Originally posted by SaunZ

I think the OP is SO wrong.

There have been numerous GW2 players posting here about how much they dislike the game. Or have become bored with it.  Or realized it wasn't what they expected and/or were told it was.  Not to mention the trashing of the customer support and/or product readiness for launch.   Mentioning the security vulnerability of GW2 has got posters crucified.

I saw one poster get blasted for saying that GW2 in no way is revolutionary to the genre.  The attacker said that it is evolutionary and that the OP needed to understand his terms.  I lol'd because the GW2 website says, 'come join the revolution'.  The Dev staff even being quoted as saying it is a revolution to the genre.

I think it is extremely alarming the amount of negative reviews so far.

At first I just thought they were haters but it is becoming obvious that something is not quite setting right with many of the players?

Either way it has been fun and exciting to watch the MMORPG that is called mmorpg.com forums.

:)

SZ

That's like saying "the number of people that won't be cheering for the Dallas Cowboys at the Superbowl is alarming!" Lets say the stadium is filled to capacity with spectators(roughly 70,000 or so), let us also assume that  1/2 of the spectators are Cowboys fans and the other half favor the opposition(can't remember who they are as I don't follow footbal); thats 35,000 a piece. I think its safe to say that if you saw 35,000 negative reviews from some guys who just don't like the Cowboys and never will it'd be easy to think that they are a subpar or lackluster sports team(I have no opinion one way or the other).

Same can be said here. Most people that are truly enjoying the game are playing the game as we speak, or are here posting because they are at work and can't play the game which leaves them as the ip's eternal defender. The 'haters', however, are here throwing their whole arsenal at the game.

I don't think I've seen a game that has been so well received by fans since World of Warcraft (though its launch was also quite shakey, much shakier than GW2's).

So sure there have been negative reviews, but there have been exponentially more positive reviews; Most of them are spread amongst the fans and talked about in the game's chat. While the haters are left to their endless forum warfare.

Originally posted by Connmacart
    Originally posted by JimmyYO

B2P and F2P will ruin the genre even more, I don't want COD MMO's. Companies just need to start putting out quality games that deserve a SUB.

Also GW2 has a cash shop..

Subgames like Tera, TSW, SWToR you mean. The one trick ponies of this year. Or sub games like War or AoC, which fell after a few years. Think you need to crawl out of your cave and realise the world isn't better the more money you throw at it.

I never once said more money = better game. However I clearly said companies need to produce games that DESERVE a sub. Read a bit better before jumping on the hate train.

While that may be true you sortof just blindly make statements without much proof. You claim that B2P games are of the same quality of Call of Duty and that the mere presence of a cash shop condems the game to the firey pits of (insert happy place here).

What sort of solidifies the point I'm trying to make is that you tagged GW2 at the end of your post by saying "Also GW2 has a cash shop," Yet I don't think you comprehend how the cash shop works. The 'cash shop' is hardly that to begin with for the simple fact that one could spend his ingame money there. One could trade his ingame currency for the 'Gems' and spend them that way. You could reap the same benefits as another player who chose to shell out 10 bucks everytime they wanted something from the shop.

You also made this ironious comment without realizing that GW2, despite the hating, nay-saying, and flaming, is a very well put together and expansive MMO at launch! It is the most fun that a lot of gamers have had in an MMO since their UO days and for some since World of Warcraft.

So I agree with Connmacart for the most part; the game's he aforementioned are sort of one trick ponies and some of them charging a sub seems a bit over zealous(hints why some of them have gone F2P recently...Im looking at you SW:TOR). All of them are well put together but have far too many short comings to 'deserve a sub' as you say.

So I'll end on this. Give me your list of games that 'deserve a sub' (we'll exlude WoW for now, as that will only incite bloodshed).

• bone12bone12 Member Posts: 31
    Originally posted by bubaluba
    Yea that is true, i wait to for storm legion :) In fact even now Rift is much better game

nah rift is boring..

• AdiarisAdiaris Member CommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by bone12
    Originally posted by bubaluba

nah rift is boring..

QFT as far as I'm concerned. RIFT was probably the most bored I ever was in a MMO. It's tied in my book for  the "good game, somehow still manages to be a complete snoozefest" award with Lotro (which I prefer, however.) 

Originally posted by Messatsu

I completely agree with OP.

I received the game for free and now regret installing it. It feels just like when I played WoW for that 10 minutes...

I'll still probably play it occasionally though to litterally "kill" time, while I wait for something else.

I think it takes more than 10 minutes to create your character and watch the introduction video for your race. You seem like someone who hated the game from the start and were just waiting for one tiny little thing to pop up so you could say "Yep, this game is stupid."

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

Agreed.

Although I knew this before launch.

• otacuotacu Member UncommonPosts: 547

1) do you even know why the game has no instanced raids( and never will)? That's a huge + for the game

2) the class system is good. Finally no holy trinity 

3) smash the hot keys = you get smashed

Well it's obvious that the game wasn't made for you since you obviously like the old "carrot on a stick" game with raids. That's fine.

Some people will enjoy GW2 ... other people will enjoy Rift. Thanks for sharing your opinions. Bye

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854

Guild Wars 2 is alot better than anything out there, cracked up when you said Tera had better combat, I played the ranger and slayer to 25 and couldn't stand it any longer. It might take a long time before another MMO changes the face of MMO gamimg, but Guild Wars 2 livened it back up for me. I got sick of logging onto WoW to only stand around Ogrimmar only to chat with friends and that was it cause I've done everything. Every other MMO I've tried couldn't hold my attention long enough to get level cap, but while playing Guild Wars 2 I've enjoyed it enough where I hardly realized I've leveled. Last thing I wana get out there, enough with threads on YOUR opinion on the game, I really don't know why I check this website out cause all I see is a bunch of unsatisfied threads on a game. If a game doesn't satisfy you please don't post about it, cause usually it's a thread that won't help devs make the game better. Last thing that I got to say is Guild Wars 2 did innovate something..... a USEFULL action bar, cause most MMO's I've played I maybe have 10 skills that I used regularly.

• NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790
    Originally posted by Vhaln

These posts are so absurd.  Can you imagine going to the forums for other recent MMOs, exclaiming that they're "not that great?"

How great did you expect it to be?

The only absurd thing is people trying to prove each others opinions wrong. How does these topics even get 5 or 10 pages long?

Now i understand if someone is posting blatant mis information or trying to twist facts  to put it down but why argue about mere taste and opinions like '

'I don't think GW2 is all that great"

"No you are wrong..GW2 is the greatest"

And it goes on and on for 20 pages.

Bite Me