Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I don't post here much, but I have to say this game looks great based on some of the recent video footage I've seen. I hope it gets a solid community, and is as good as it looks. 

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

It is a great looking game,has among the best graphics in this genre.However the people in charge have soem real odd ideas for designing a game.it is not traidtional Sqaure Enix style and the new guy in charge claims he plans on chagning it ,to make it feel more like a Final Fantasy game.IMO it is talk ,i simply do not see that direction.Instead the yhave ignored feedback and just contrinue to push their ideas.All they have really done is add content that was missing from release.

Community??Well i have not played since release ,but  i wil lsay Final Fantasy community both FFXI and this would be expected  to be among the best of any game.The problem is how the game is designed,does it allow for community?In FFXI they totally ruined the game design with book burn ,which ruined community.

Point is beware of game design,if it does not point towards community,it won't have any.SOLO and RANDOM are the two most important things to look for,if both existr,the game won't have a good community just a bunch of soloers.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• SetzerSetzer Member UncommonPosts: 261
    Originally posted by Wizardry

It is a great looking game,has among the best graphics in this genre.However the people in charge have soem real odd ideas for designing a game.it is not traidtional Sqaure Enix style and the new guy in charge claims he plans on chagning it ,to make it feel more like a Final Fantasy game.IMO it is talk ,i simply do not see that direction.Instead the yhave ignored feedback and just contrinue to push their ideas.All they have really done is add content that was missing from release.

Wow, where have you been getting your info from because that's completely not true?

• NeekzzNeekzz Member Posts: 37

Community??Well i have not played since release ,but  i wil lsay Final Fantasy community both FFXI and this would be expected  to be among the best of any game.The problem is how the game is designed,does it allow for community?In FFXI they totally ruined the game design with book burn ,which ruined community.

Point is beware of game design,if it does not point towards community,it won't have any.SOLO and RANDOM are the two most important things to look for,if both existr,the game won't have a good community just a bunch of soloers.

Yeah not to be an ass but you really have no clue about the chages or future of this game.

As far as the game feeling final fantasy.......... http://www.1up.com/features/final-fantasy-xiv-franchise-reborn

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Thanks alot for the link Neekzz. Very good readimage
  • birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314

I really really really want this game to succeed.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Have you guys seen this vid?

I just noticed it myself but a few moments ago..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ybptgSlMks&feature=share&list=UUkFLFvTxoIgPltuHBCYvzVg

All gameplay footage.

Sorry if its old news hehe.

(Just noticed its actually in that article that was linked wow I feel a bit silly... well its a really nice video)

Originally posted by Laughing-man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ybptgSlMks&feature=share&list=UUkFLFvTxoIgPltuHBCYvzVg

All gameplay footage.

(Just noticed its actually in that article that was linked wow I feel a bit silly... well its a really nice video)

Love that vid. Here is the extended talk vid. Its over 1 hour long. You have to press the CC button in youtube to get subs cause it is not in english.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Neekzz I am not seeing the vid you are talking about thats 1 hour long.

Edit: Nevermind, I found it on another post of yours. image

• UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571

Can anyone comment on the new "combat" system?  I played FFXI and hated that combat system too but really liked the game and played it for a long time.  I tried FFXIV but just couldnt play the game.  It was like beating my head against a wall to control my character and I felt 90% of the difficulty of the game just came from trying to control your character which was awkward as hell.  I hated how you had to take your weapon out, then auto attack, and then the camera like focused on the target and the time between auto attacks felt like eternety.

I guess what im saying is will the game have a control/combat scheme similar to SWTOR/WoW/or other popular MMO's?  I.e. able to move my character while I attack, etc.  I hate losing control of (i.e. aion skills freeze your character in place) or feeling like I'm not controling my character well.

• GeschaeferGeschaefer Member Posts: 117

Can someone tell me where to buy this game.

Im n amazon.com and it says that a real reborn comes out in 2013?

G.E.Schaefer
    Played: EQ1. EQ2. FFXI. SWG. Aion. WAR. LOTRO. TabulaRasa. Hellgate London. Diablo 1. Diablo II. Diablo 3. STO. WOW. Vanguard. Guild Wars. Rift. Terra. The Secret World. EVE. Guild Wars 2. Firefall. Neverwinter.

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Looks pretty dope. Has that classic ff feel, love it. Will wait to see ui in the footage for I never trust gameplay footage without it, especially from a ff game. lol....
  • SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195
    Originally posted by Laughing-man

All gameplay footage.

Ok I do not get the buzz at all watched this video 3 times and all I saw was boring washed out world, tons of traveling thru empty lands with nothing in them to fight to get to a place where you could fight.  Then of course the combat was old boring korean F2P combat style animations, until the rock was dropped on the dragon ( but have a feeling that was something not really in game ).

Just going on that trailer this is a definite pass for me.

Originally posted by UNH0LYEV1L

Can anyone comment on the new "combat" system?  I played FFXI and hated that combat system too but really liked the game and played it for a long time.  I tried FFXIV but just couldnt play the game.  It was like beating my head against a wall to control my character and I felt 90% of the difficulty of the game just came from trying to control your character which was awkward as hell.  I hated how you had to take your weapon out, then auto attack, and then the camera like focused on the target and the time between auto attacks felt like eternety.

I guess what im saying is will the game have a control/combat scheme similar to SWTOR/WoW/or other popular MMO's?  I.e. able to move my character while I attack, etc.  I hate losing control of (i.e. aion skills freeze your character in place) or feeling like I'm not controling my character well.

In A Realm Reborn here are 3 control setups planned. The first 2 are different configs for gamepad players (the current setup and a complete new one) and the third is  common mmo scheme that was left out on XIV. There are some gameplay demos online now that you should check  out.

Originally posted by Geschaefer

Can someone tell me where to buy this game.

Im n amazon.com and it says that a real reborn comes out in 2013?

Looks like the took down the digital download on amazon. Its going to be tough to find a copy at this point your best bet is to buy from a amazon seller.....

http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-XIV-Pc/dp/B002I0JJ2U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347145684&sr=8-1&keywords=ffxiv

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

I think it's awesome that folks are willing to give this game a second go.

SE have definitely earned it.

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

i have a question, i bought the PC version like in 2011, but never even installed it

so if i use it now, will i still get the legacy as i have bought it back in 2011 ( i mean, would the serial code tells the system that it's a 2011 serial code? )

So What Now?

Originally posted by TweFoju

i have a question, i bought the PC version like in 2011, but never even installed it

so if i use it now, will i still get the legacy as i have bought it back in 2011 ( i mean, would the serial code tells the system that it's a 2011 serial code? )

No, you have to have paid for 3 months since release.

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636

If you'd put that bit in orange at the beginning of your post, it would have put the rest of it in the proper context, and I wouldn't have been wondering "what planet is this guy posting from?" the entire time reading it.

Only on a MMO forum could someone openly admit they haven't logged into the game since it launched - about 2 years ago - but still feel qualified to comment on its status or direction. Unbelievable.