Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The game is NOT really that great!

bexinhbexinh Member UncommonPosts: 69

Ok so, everyone seems to be afraid of criticize "the greatest game ever Guild war 2" cuz its gonna upset all the fan boys outthere. BUT admid it GUILD WAR 2 is NOT really that great! The game doesnt rewrite the MMO history like all the fan boys always said. IT's not even better than RIFT. GW2 has no raid .... btw if u call the dynamic events (or rift invasion) is raiding.... thats because when the definition of RAID came out u were just 3 years old. The class system is stupid. Every game allows u to perform different roles these days even WOW allows u to do so. Gameplay needless to say its nothing innovate about it.... tab ur target and smash the hot keys... TERA has better game play than this game at least its something different from what outthere. Imo the only good thing about this game is its free. I remember someone in this forum said if this game wasnt free then the rating wouldnt be that good. And guess what ? its totally true. I dont hate the game, to me its average game its NOT the greatest game ever or the best game ever made. Best game ever made to me is EVERQUEST! I spent 80$ on this game played for few days and already bored. I really dont think imma play this game when the rift expansion comes out. ALL these for you fan boys to face the fact that its NOT the greatest game ever and its just another MMO better than some and worse than a few.

Comments

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136
    Originally posted by bexinh

Ok so, everyone seems to be afraid of criticize "the greatest game ever Guild war 2" cuz its gonna upset all the fan boys outthere. BUT admid it GUILD WAR 2 is NOT really that great! The game doesnt rewrite the MMO history like all the fan boys always said. IT's not even better than RIFT. GW2 has no raid .... btw if u call the dynamic events (or rift invasion) is raiding.... thats because when the definition of RAID came out u were just 3 years old. The class system is stupid. Every game allows u to perform different roles these days even WOW allows u to do so. Gameplay needless to say its nothing innovate about it.... tab ur target and smash the hot keys... TERA has better game play than this game at least its something different from what outthere. Imo the only good thing about this game is its free. I remember someone in this forum said if this game wasnt free then the rating wouldnt be that good. And guess what ? its totally true. I dont hate the game, to me its average game its NOT the greatest game ever or the best game ever made. Best game ever made to me is EVERQUEST! I spent 80$ on this game played for few days and already bored. I really dont think imma play this game when the rift expansion comes out. ALL these for you fan boys to face the fact that its NOT the greatest game ever and its just another MMO better than some and worse than a few.

Thanks for the laughs. DE is nothing like raids. Thats why I like it.

• Thornz2000Thornz2000 Member Posts: 135

I totally enjoy playing GW2 and that is all that counts.

So thx for stopping by.

The world we know is going away http://www.graystatemovie.com/
    Look up Agenda 21 as well.

• chryseschryses Member UncommonPosts: 1,453

I like reading people's opinions but you lost me when you said combat is 'push tab' and hit.  If you do that and not much else you die fast, a lot. 

The combat has some of the best fluid  motion, real time feel to it.  I get a buzz winning a fight I really shouldn't win, based on my skill use, dodging and terrain use. 

If you don't like it that's cool but I love the game because its not 'stand here and push tab and skillbar'

• KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217
    thanks for your opinion. if YOU dont like GW2 thats fine. Im not mad at you, promise!

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

Actually....it seems like all people do on this forum is criticize the game and then talk about how no one dares to criticize it because the fanbois will get them lol :).

Its kind of like that m night shamylan movie the village lol.  The fanbois are the monster.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472

I think the OP is SO wrong.

There have been numerous GW2 players posting here about how much they dislike the game. Or have become bored with it.  Or realized it wasn't what they expected and/or were told it was.  Not to mention the trashing of the customer support and/or product readiness for launch.   Mentioning the security vulnerability of GW2 has got posters crucified.

I saw one poster get blasted for saying that GW2 in no way is revolutionary to the genre.  The attacker said that it is evolutionary and that the OP needed to understand his terms.  I lol'd because the GW2 website says, 'come join the revolution'.  The Dev staff even being quoted as saying it is a revolution to the genre.

I think it is extremely alarming the amount of negative reviews so far.

At first I just thought they were haters but it is becoming obvious that something is not quite setting right with many of the players?

Either way it has been fun and exciting to watch the MMORPG that is called mmorpg.com forums.

:)

SZ

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    Originally posted by chryses

I like reading people's opinions but you lost me when you said combat is 'push tab' and hit.  If you do that and not much else you die fast, a lot. 

The combat has some of the best fluid  motion, real time feel to it.  I get a buzz winning a fight I really shouldn't win, based on my skill use, dodging and terrain use. 

If you don't like it that's cool but I love the game because its not 'stand here and push tab and skillbar'

Most of the time while leveling it was "stand there and hit skills".  At least for my warrior.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

So much fail here, its hard to decide where to begin.

No you cannot perform every role with every class in the vast majority of games. Id like to see you go try to play a healer / support role as anything besides a healer in just about any game. Go ahead. Roll a Rogue, and lets see you keep your group alive....

Raids always have been and always will be subject to opinion. IMO, theyre lame as hell. Many would agree, many would not.

Theres tab targetting in other games... then theres tab targetting in GW2. In other games, tab targetting means your attacks will hit that target and nobody else (except for AoEs). In GW2, if someone else is between you and your target, that other person takes the hit instead of your target. The Tab targetting in GW2 is just that, a target for who you would like to hit, but it does not meanwyou will hit that person.

I always enjoy the "smashing hotkeys" argument. Please come PvP. I need more easy kills against scrubs who have no clue how to us etheir CC effectively or to set themselves and their allies up for effective combos.

TERA is more of a FPS style combat, which is different than GW2 true, but nobody ever claimed GW2 was a MMOFPS. BTW, several games have already done TERA style combat. Ever hear of Darkfall? Chronicles of Spellborn? RaiderZ? Any of the hundred+ FPS games made over the past 20 or so years. Yeah, theyre all pretty similar to TERA. Its not new or revolutionary int he least.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Hmm suspicious LACK of post history. Did you create a second account when your first one was banned?
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

GUILD WAR 2 is NOT really that great!  GW2 has no raid ....

Thats all you had to say. Those that enjoy raiding will not likely find GW2 to be the game for them. There are plenty of MMO's that offer the raiding environment that many of us dislike, have fun! For many of us that is one of the pluses of the game. 

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    Believe me, no one has been afraid to critisize the game. there has been alot of it. However its been met some good replies followed by the Yelling and screaming of the other chunk of its fanbase.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154
    Originally posted by Creslin321

Actually....it seems like all people do on this forum is criticize the game and then talk about how no one dares to criticize it because the fanbois will get them lol :).

Its kind of like that m night shamylan movie the village lol.  The fanbois are the monster.

Would that mean that Tyria is really on earth somewhere, hidden away from the real world?

Its funny though, if someone posts a well thought out critique, like the Time article posted earlier, almost no one goes nuts, and most agree with it.  People just got tired of seeing trolls or rambling posts claiming the game isnt that good because the poster personally doesnt like it.  Here is a tip:  Its possible for a game to be good, even great, yet lots of people don't like it.

• MaxmmoMaxmmo Member Posts: 10
    so after reading the OP i agree with him. GW2 is an ok game and i think if it was not free people would not be putting up with all the little bugs the hacking of accounts etc. i have never seen so many people get but hurt when people speak the truth about GW 2, its a joke its a hack job of an MMO. To me the genra of MMO  has gone to sh*t with games like this. the real problem is the people that want to play a MMO but do not want to put in the HOURS and we get crap like GW2. not saying that they should not make a well rounded game for all types but look what we have resorted to, no raids and  a lack of guild content. some people are overjoyed with no raid  content in GW2  well the DE just dont cut it for everyone /shrugs
  • teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154
    Originally posted by Epic1oots
    I admit its not that great, but unfortunately its the best out there atm.

[od edit]

you waited over two years to post, and all you can come up with is a disatrous wall of text first post, and follow it up with this obviously spot on guess?  Gotta make a better entrance than this after all that time...

• MrRealityMrReality Member Posts: 43
    Originally posted by Epic1oots
    I admit its not that great, but unfortunately its the best out there atm.

Best by default, that just shows how bad the mmo genre is right now, infact has been since vanilla WoW.

• Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79

Thats all you had to say. Those that enjoy raiding will not likely find GW2 to be the game for them. There are plenty of MMO's that offer the raiding environment that many of us dislike, have fun! For many of us that is one of the pluses of the game. 

Come on. GW2 is like raiding for dummies. That's what DE's are. They are zerg pug raids.

Originally posted by Maxmmo
    so after reading the OP i agree with him. GW2 is an ok game and i think if it was not free people would not be putting up with all the little bugs the hacking of accounts etc. i have never seen so many people get but hurt when people speak the truth about GW 2, its a joke its a hack job of an MMO. To me the genra of MMO  has gone to sh*t with games like this. the real problem is the people that want to play a MMO but do not want to put in the HOURS and we get crap like GW2. not saying that they should not make a well rounded game for all types but look what we have resorted to, no raids and  a lack of guild content. some people are overjoyed with no raid  content in GW2  well the DE just dont cut it for everyone /shrugs

/age

177 hours - 12 days

Ummm....what?

Hate to break it to you, but a lot of us have probably spent more time in MMOs int he past 5 years then you would in 20 years. People simply dont enjoy raids as much as you like to think think they do. For some people theyre awesome, for others theyre lame.

Personally, I play MMOs mostly for PvP and competing against other thinking humans, not repeating the same AI conrolled easy mode raids that any kid can figure out the strategies for.

Originally posted by Atlan99
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79

Come on. GW2 is like rading for dummies. That's what DE's are. They are zerg pug raids.

This is how I picture a day of playing GW2 going for you...

Step 1) Login

Step 2) Find a big group of people to follow around

Step 3) Rage about "zerg" because you dont have the sense to go off on your own or with a small group instead of following the herd of people around

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Originally posted by Maxmmo

It's posts like this that get people all up in arms because it flames a game, of which forum you posted, in a general way without any reasoning.  Do you even have examples to put reason to these statements? Or you could at least give us an example of what you think is a great game (like the OP did with Rift).

• grimm6thgrimm6th Member Posts: 973

Ok, so everyone seems to be afraid of criticize ...says Mr. I-have-only-two-posts... the "greatest game ever", Guild Wars 2 'cuz its gonna upset all the fan boys and girls outthere. BUT admit it, GUILD WAR 2 is NOT really that great ...in your opinion!  The game doesn't rewrite MMO history like all the fan boys and girls have always said ...no we haven't.  It's not even better than RIFT ...in your opinion. GW2 has no raids... btw, if u call dynamic events raiding, that's because when the definition of RAID (redundant array of independent disks) came out you were just 3 years old...

*rant continues for a while*

...for you fan boys and girls to face the fact that its NOT the greatest game ever and its just another MMO better than some and worse than a few.

I made a few grammar and spelling corrections to help me read this post, and I inserted my commentary on specific things you said.

However, what i really wanted to address is the complete misunderstanding of reality you revealed in typing the part at the end...

How good a game is is subjective, and each person can have their own opinion.  Facts are objective, and are not subject to an individual's opinion.  YOU do not think that GW2 is the greatest game ever.  This does not make it a fact.

...Oh, and if you do not find my RAID vs. raid comment funny, I apologize.

I used to TL;DR, but then I took a bullet point to the footnote.

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

It's a pretty fun mmo to me for now, however  I don't see myself playing this for months on out since it's too simplistic for me.

It is very casual friendly for a certain playerbase and to me it has a nice feel to it when it comes to the games mechanics.

Despite the minor launch issues it had, I don't feel like I wasted $60 dollars. I can see myself hoping in and out of this game for years to come.

• vee41vee41 Member Posts: 191

Some pro opionions you got there. 

But wait... are you not saying there that people that like the game are wrong? Damn, I'm sorry!

• bexinhbexinh Member UncommonPosts: 69
    Originally posted by grimm6th

Ok, so everyone seems to be afraid of criticize ...says Mr. I-have-only-two-posts... the "greatest game ever", Guild Wars 2 'cuz its gonna upset all the fan boys and girls outthere. BUT admit it, GUILD WAR 2 is NOT really that great ...in your opinion!  The game doesn't rewrite MMO history like all the fan boys and girls have always said ...no we haven't.  It's not even better than RIFT ...in your opinion. GW2 has no raids... btw, if u call dynamic events raiding, that's because when the definition of RAID (redundant array of independent disks) came out you were just 3 years old...

*rant continues for a while*

...for you fan boys and girls to face the fact that its NOT the greatest game ever and its just another MMO better than some and worse than a few.

I made a few grammar and spelling corrections to help me read this post, and I inserted my commentary on specific things you said.

However, what i really wanted to address is the complete misunderstanding of reality you revealed in typing the part at the end...

How good a game is is subjective, and each person can have their own opinion.  Facts are objective, and are not subject to an individual's opinion.  YOU do not think that GW2 is the greatest game ever.  This does not make it a fact.

...Oh, and if you do not find my RAID vs. raid comment funny, I apologize.

My apology for my English Gramma. As u can see i dont post in the forum that often as the matter of fact this is my first times ever i posted my opinion toward something. I just find rediculous when all the fan boys blindly defend the game. Yes English is not my first language and this is not high school. Thank you for fixing my mistakes but no thanks i got my Bachalor degrees. And please stop hating me. I'm just posting my opinions ... if u agree with me thumb up if not thumb down no big deal.

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

The game has good mechanics.  The game is focused on balancing around PvP. 

It invokes a strong sense of "easy to learn, hard to master".

This game is delivering on what it sought out to do.  Not sure what you were expecting from GW2 - but its a good game.

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

This post has nothing to support the opinion, and is bashing people's opinions while also hypocritically implying that someone disagreeing with those who dislike the game instantly makes them a fanboy.

Being trilingual myself, it isn't hard to at least make something look good in another language; this is just a sad, ill conceived attempt to troll a community.  It lacks depth, structure and proper thought that one would expect from any serious post.  Honestly, just reading it would make one laugh if it wasn't just plain sad.  :(

I'm honestly trying to say to myself that the writer isn't lying about actually playing the game, as there is just so much wrong with what he attempted to convey to his audience.

Disliking a game is just fine.  Please express yourself responsibly and write in an efficient and educated manner.  Many people will respect you for it and accept that it's how you feel.  For instance, I play FFXIV, but I still very much agree that it's a horribly made game.  It doesn't keep me from playing it, nor do I wish to delude myself that it's great just because I play monthly for it and want it to do better.

Simply stating (with intent to agrovate), "THIS GAME IS NOT GOOD.  U THINK IT'S GOOD?  WOW ALLOWS THIS, EQ ALLOWS THAT, RIFT DOES THIS, TERA IS THERE... IF YOU LIKE THIS U R WRONG" isn't a way to convey your thoughts in a proper manner and simply adds potential cross-game flame wars, and a comparison that people in general are tired of hearing.  It also isn't appropriate to designate your lacking (as previous explained) opinion as "fact", as that makes you sound belligerent and lacking suitable credibility.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.