Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Probably the worst Customer Service of all-time

Comments

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Well I hear mixed things about customer support. What bugs me is how secure accounts are in this game, it's a little TOO easy for the Chinese to break into your account and it's too late by the time you find out. I've been nagging Arenanet to add security question and authenticators (which I'm sure everyone will agree on), already a couple guildies of mine has had their accounts snagged and they complain about it on vent while I see a couple of them online which they claim aren't them- the hackers usually get on them to steal items and to delete the character afterwards.

Read through the GW2 forums support section, it's chaotic right now.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Originally posted by tyfon
    That's what you get with B2P.NCSoft boasted that they ran the support on GW2 for 80% less cost than their subscription based games like L2. No GMs, no phone support and a trimmed down email support crew.
    There's phone support but it's too limited- Monday-Wed 12pm-5pm.

But EA definitely has the worst support, even when you pay them a bajillion dollars, they'll still stick their tongue out at you.

• itsbigmikeitsbigmike Member Posts: 86
    Weird, all of my tickets have been responded to in less than a day, then again I didn't get banned or anything

twitch.tv/boonmackle

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698
    Originally posted by Myrdynn

ticket open since last Friday, still no response what-so-ever, I thought this was supposed to be a AAA game, my ass.  I got "Permabanned, hacked" after playing a grand total of 10 hrs in game, and although I was enjoying myself suprisingly, quite a bit, I am completely irritatted at the lack of customer service that Arenanet provides.  It is completely unacceptable.  FWIW I dont need to hear how oh its my fault for getting hacked crap either, I use a completely unique password for my email and every gaming account I have ever made.   And quite frankly I dont care that I got hacked/banned for protective reasoning, all I care about is hearing 1 fricking reply from this horrible company.   Hacking happens, not an issue.  Zero response, HUGE ISSUE.  And from the forums I am not the only one.  It is quite a huge occurance.

If this were true, you'd be playing in game right now.

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    Originally posted by XImpalerX
    Isn't it amazing that you can take the time to post incessantly on forums, but you cant take the time to find a solution?

I went directly to Guild Wars 2 support site and found the solution to your problem in less than a minute.

1. Go to support site
    2. Search for "hacked account"
    3. Read
    4. Done

Ive done everything that support site has said, and still havent got a response

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240
    Originally posted by XImpalerX
    Isn't it amazing that you can take the time to post incessantly on forums, but you cant take the time to find a solution?

I went directly to Guild Wars 2 support site and found the solution to your problem in less than a minute.

1. Go to support site
    2. Search for "hacked account"
    3. Read
    4. Done

Ive done everything that support site has said, and still havent got a response

I think they might have a separate team handling hacked/banned accounts. Friends who have sent in tickets for small things have received an answer almost within a 24 hour window. One who had his account hacked, however, is going on day 4 with no word from Anet since the initial auto-response. And it kinda makes sense, if they opperate like any other security assurance team, they have a ton of data per "hacked" ticket to work through.

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• BeezerbeezBeezerbeez Member UncommonPosts: 302
    Originally posted by Seelinnikoi

You buy a car, its yours. But when it breaks down, the manufacturer doesnt pay your mechanic.

Same with GW2, you bought it, then everything else after that is your problem.

Customer support in this game is non-existant!

That's a decent enough analogy but it's not true.  The government (US, I'm referring to) has tons of consumer protection: laws, guidelines, whistle-blowing protections, lemon-laws, comsumer protection agencies, and the court systems, to name but a few.  I love GW2, but this is a huge problem for ANet and they need to sort it out fast.  And, you're forgettign auto manufacturers DO pay your maintenance -- that's why they have recalls and warranties!

Arenanet absolutely blows, anyone know how to get a refund?

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650
    I cant speak about ANet, but i'm on the phone with SiriusXM and they suck bad. mix accounts, say I owe them 132 bucks, can you say rage!!??

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• AdiarisAdiaris Member CommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by Kuppa

well since you appear to be proliferating your message all over the place Ill copy the same thing I posted to you originally:

"lol, this is such a myth. No big company has ever had great customer service. Its a matter of perspective, you get a good customer service exp its great! you get a bad one its horrilbe and everyone is getting screwed."

Don't worry though I would be pissed off as hell too. Its human nature.

I agree with you completely. I wouldn't rater Anet's customer service very highly, but that's just a couple of tickets out of probably thousands and more. It also depends on who handles your tickets so on and so forth. Bottom line is, they probably didn't have the numbers to support the avalanche - although I do hate their copy-pasted responses Z.z

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

You could call a Blizzard rep for help or maybe Trion. How about Funcom?

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Originally posted by Amjoco

at least I can call them, and at least every time I have had an issue with either of those 3 companies, I have always got some type of response in at most 12 hrs

Arenanet gives you no feedback, no response, and no phone number to call.  Its ridiculous, they dont care cause they already got our money, we arent gonna cancel our subs

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

at least I can call them, and at least every time I have had an issue with either of those 3 companies, I have always got some type of response in at most 12 hrs

Arenanet gives you no feedback, no response, and no phone number to call.  Its ridiculous, they dont care cause they already got our money, we arent gonna cancel our subs

You didn't the first 2 weeks out of the shoot.

edit: you can wait up to 4 to 5 days for blizzard to get to you. I waited for more than an hour on hold with blizzard one time just waiting in queue and that was after Wrath of the Lich King. It's not just ArenaNet. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

edit: you can wait up to 4 to 5 days for blizzard to get to you. I waited for more than an hour on hold with blizzard one time just waiting in queue and that was after Wrath of the Lich King. It's not just ArenaNet. 

I waited 2 mins to talk to someone in person during the TSW launch

I waited for 10 mins to talk to someone in person during the RIFT launch

dont understand how anyone can defend Arenanets customer service, well actually I do its called major fanboi

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039
    Originally posted by jpnole

ticket open since last Friday, still no response what-so-ever, I thought this was supposed to be a AAA game, my ass.  I got "Permabanned, hacked" after playing a grand total of 10 hrs in game, and although I was enjoying myself suprisingly, quite a bit, I am completely irritatted at the lack of customer service that Arenanet provides.  It is completely unacceptable.  FWIW I dont need to hear how oh its my fault for getting hacked crap either, I use a completely unique password for my email and every gaming account I have ever made.   And quite frankly I dont care that I got hacked/banned for protective reasoning, all I care about is hearing 1 fricking reply from this horrible company.   Hacking happens, not an issue.  Zero response, HUGE ISSUE.  And from the forums I am not the only one.  It is quite a huge occurance.

If this were true, you'd be playing in game right now.

[mod edit]

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/z5xiy/was_your_account_hacked_after_password_spam_heres/

There is another story about this.

**Tl;Dr: Generally when you see password reset spam on user accounts, it means someone is trying to exploit the system being used to generate authentication links by spamming password reset requests on one end, and spamming potential authentication links on the other.

If you were hacked, your e-mail is filled with password reset spam, and you were using a password unique to GW2- this is probably how it happened. If this is the case, your password and information is safe, and the fault lies entirely with whoever set up the security system.)**

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650

I waited 2 mins to talk to someone in person during the TSW launch

I waited for 10 mins to talk to someone in person during the RIFT launch

dont understand how anyone can defend Arenanets customer service, well actually I do its called major fanboi

With all due respect, GW2 planned for probably somewhere between 1-2 mil sales, and exceeded it.

TSW expected somewhere upwards of waht 750k to 1mil and didn't even break 300k?

TSW over-hired, ANet under hired, it's a mistake, and they're fixing it, they put in new freshly trained GMs so they should help with clearing out a lot of tickets.

I've never waited under 20 minutes with support. EA with a DAoC over-charge on my card resulted in a two week battle and hours on the phone. 

Took siriusxm 3 hours to verify my freaking account i've had for a year today. 

My point? Life sucks, and siriusxm pisses me off.

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• sugar4freesugar4free Member Posts: 26

to the thread OP:

you really are not a TERA-EU victim. Frogster WAS and IS by far the worst company in mmo history...

(just to point out that 1 month after TERA launch in Europe roughly half of the population preferred to play on TERA NA with higher ping but run by EN MASSE instead of staying on EU servers)

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Honestly, I'm enjoying the game, but this is something that REALLY NEEDS TO GET TALKED ABOUT.

A lot of the people covering this game have mentioned absolutely nothing about situations like these, but they aren't exactly isolated either. One of the members in my guild even thought I was lying initially when I mentioned what happened (my account was also banned for close to a week, for no reason at all). When he found out I was telling the truth his response was then basically 'oh well, that's not a big deal, and probably not that many were effected. There's really no issue here'.

Seriously, Anet really does need to step up it's customer service if it expects to be a AAA developer. It's as simple as that. Hell, when a WoW account gets hacked, you at least get a response immediately. You can still play (though not on any effected characters), but you at least know they're looking into it. Furthermore, when your company is guilty of falsely banning a few 100 people, you should at least do them the curtosy of informing them of the situation. Or own up to your mistake and apologize. It may seem like a small thing, but it really goes a long way. Especially if you are banking your success off of having a good relationship with the community. Incidents like this really bother me. I never had (or even heard of) incidents like this with GW1.

Furthermore, if you want actual info you have to go to places like reddit, or twitter to get a timely response. That's extremely unprofessional imho. At the very least have a central notice board / forums for technical issues. I don't care if you don't have official game forums, but at least have a method of communicating support issues in a timely manner. No one should have to wait a week to get a response. I'm glad they are stiffly punishing hackers, botters, and exploiters; but it also means they need to be more careful about who they inflict such punishment on. A lot of innocent gamers were hit by their ban hammer, and that's not a good way to run a game.

Myrdynn
  • MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    Experienced the same thing with SWTOR - hard to say which one is worse.  At least this game is ten times better, lol
  • aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by Margulis
    Experienced the same thing with SWTOR - hard to say which one is worse.  At least this game is ten times better, lol

Really? Bioware took a week to get back to you w/ a response?

• svandysvandy Member UncommonPosts: 277

Checking in as another guy waiting forever for customer service. I got an automated message today on how to reset my password. Thanks ANet. My email was changed, but thank you for reading that and deciding to send me a link to a completely unrelated tool.

I know they are trying, but they are failing, and it is getting out of control. What makes it worse are all the people not affected that are acting like it's not a big deal and it's all somehow our fault.

Please visit my youtube channel for some H1Z1/DayZ casual roleplay videos!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrQoK5VZlwBBzpsksmXtjMQ

well my account is now restored, so they eventually get to it I suppose.  Although the first time I heard even 1 word from them was almost a week to the date, after the ticket was opened.  Here is the ticket response, again the first and only thing I heard from them

Response Via Email (Lance) 09/07/2012 04:55 PM
    Hello,

Thanks for contacting Guild Wars 2! After a quick review of your ticket, we feel that the information below could resolve your issue. Your ticket has not been closed and you will receive an additional reply as soon as we are able. However, if the information below does resolve your issue please close your ticket to confirm that you no longer need our assistance. Doing so will assist us in helping everyone in a timely manner.

Reset Password & E-mail Authentication************************************
    If you were previously experiencing an issue resetting your password or authenticating your email address, please follow the directions below.

1. Go to https://account.guildwars2.com/recovery
    2. In the “Email / Account Name” field, enter the email address used for your Guild Wars 2 account.
    3. In the “Serial Code” field, enter the serial code you registered to the account.
    4. In the “Character Name” field, enter the name of an existing character on your account.
    5. Click “Verify.”
    Be sure to set your account password to a strong, unique password that you've never used anywhere else!
    See this comic (http://xkcd.com/936/) for advice on picking a strong, unique password.

Additional information regarding the Guild Wars Account E-mail Authentication System can be found here: http://en.support.guildwars2.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9192

Spam / Phising Attempts************************************************
    If you were notified of an email change request or confirmation, please try logging into the Guild Wars 2 forums (https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum) to confirm that your account name has not been changed.

If you do not have a Guild Wars account, please disregard the email. We also suggest that you secure the email account by changing the password, in addition to, the passwords of any other accounts that may be associated to the email that received this message from our account system.

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ*********************************************
    Please do not create a new ticket for this issue as it will cause delays. However, replying to this email will allow us to assist you based on when you first contacted us regarding the issue. If your issue is resolved and you no longer need assistance, please do the following:

1. Log in to your support account here: http://en.support.guildwars2.com/app/account/overview/
    If you do not recall your login information, use the “Forgot your support login or password?” link.
    3. Click the “Questions” button or link.
    4. Find the 12-digit reference number matching the one on the support request you wish to close.
    5. Click the subject line to the right of that reference number.
    6. Under “Do you want a response?”, select “No, I don't need this question answered now”.
    7. Click “Submit”.

Your support request will be moved to Closed status.

NOTE: Anything typed in the “Add additional information to your question” box will not be seen by our support staff if the “No, I don't need this question answered now option is selected”.

Regards,
    The Guild Wars 2 Team

• thekid1thekid1 Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Originally posted by Kuppa

well since you appear to be proliferating your message all over the place Ill copy the same thing I posted to you originally:

"lol, this is such a myth. No big company has ever had great customer service. Its a matter of perspective, you get a good customer service exp its great! you get a bad one its horrilbe and everyone is getting screwed."

I played the WOW trial, encountered a bug and made a ticket in game.

A GM contacted me after 15 minutes in game as a game character and helped me out. While staying in role (roleplay speak) and being very polite. I'm still baffled by this. I was playing the fricking TRIAL

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by Kaynos1972
    Worst Customers support ever ?  If i'm counting right, you have waited 1 working day !    Supposed you openned the ticket on friday, that's not full working day so i'm not counting it.  This weeked was the labor day weekeed,  so yesterday (tuesday) was your 1st full working day since you opened the ticket.   Man worst support ever they dont answer in 24 hours.

FWIW, every MMO I have played doesnt only operate their customer service on a 9-5 Est M-F work schedule

IIRC even Blizzard customer service is only open M-F 9-5, and theyve got about 10x the staff and make millions per month off of subs.

• NilenyaNilenya Member UncommonPosts: 364

The only problem I have with them is that once your cc details are stored in the gemshop, you can not, in any way, delete those details. They have the credit card information and you have no way to make them delete it, cept perhaps try support, which is backlogged to high hell.

I dont know if this is common. I played other NCsoft titles and Ive allways been able to unstore cc details, and add another or simply pay and then delete the details.

Anyway, Im pretty sure there is some protection act that requires, by law, that any person can have their credit details deleted from any online service provider if they want to, in a timely manner. - I think its strange that they want to funnel even more traffic to their support for such basic things.