Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you still playing D3?

Comments

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

Deleted..

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

I got the game as a gift.  I got like 1600 achievement points.  Then, the RMT auction house launched, and I quit and uninstalled.  Even though I played more on Hardcore mode at that point, it was the principle of the thing.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

I bought Skyrim, Dead Island and Alan Wake on the Steam Summer Sale...but I don't have time for them because I'm too busy playing D3.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Still playing.

It is still fun, particularly i made a bit of money on the RMAH.

• WebferretWebferret Member UncommonPosts: 90

Still playing but no where near as much as I was. It's more an Auction House Simulator now than a Diablo Clone (Don't really class it as teh 3rd Diablo incarnation, it just doesnt seem right to me).

I have gotten 3 characters to 60, and using a Barbarian (360 Magic Find) to farm for  Magic Items over and over, and it sure gets tedious doing so as 99.9% of drops are vendor trash. But I am a loyal fan and shall continue to play and see how patches (Hopefully) improve theg ameplay as time goes on, as I would like to see my friends return and play again. Time will tell I suppose.

Cheers

Tan

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898

I haven't officially quit, but I also haven't gotten the urge to play in a week or so.  It's all about the way they designed the end game and nerfed drop rates to make people use the AH.  I also don't like the simplistic stats on gear compared with D2.

I'm not even that confident they will change things such that I'll really love the game at max level.  I certainly have no interest in PVP.  Ever since Bashiok stated they were aware that end game was crap, they've been pretty tight lipped about admitting any faults.  "Fatty" Wilson has even claimed that they are happy with the game.

Whatever, I'm pretty much over it at this point.  I know TL2 and POE won't really be any better though, they just have different reasons than D3 for being crappy.

• Psychos1sPsychos1s Member UncommonPosts: 191

Have to agree with Frodo,

While the gameplay is fine, I really think the game is  unfixable due to core game design decisions being bad, 1 of the big things that killed it for is the fact you can't start a game and just bounce through the acts using the waypoints. Having to constantly endure cutscene after cutscene then leave game to start a new game on someother act is just a full on pain in the arse.

Made me laugh when Jay Wilson said he wanted people to focus on the story, it's like ok that's fine the 1st time you play through or even the 2nd but god Diablo was always about smashing through levels to find items rinse repeat, why they wouldn't add an option to turn the damn things off is beyond me and some of the cutscenes are hilarious it's just a page in a book telling you what you just did around 15 seconds ago  like when you kill Maghda go back to town little pages opens up sayin the witch is dead, I mean wtf, i know I just killed the bitch.

Also the inflation of gold nailed the AH hard due to the farm exploits + other exploits and gold farmers the AH is just a complete mess and tbh I don't kow how it can be fixed at this stage they'd need to make a ladder mode to start fresh like D2.

Itemization is laughable (yes I know they're fixing legendarys) but I think the items in general are a joke, this comes down to the idea for classes to use a certain stat to increase damage. Getting items that have +140 dex + 80 strength and + 5% damage to a witch doctor skill is like yeah brilliant idea, just seems like a lazy way to implement randomization.

All in all to me at least it seems like they kept messing with ingame systems from skill points to stats upto the point where they ran out of time and had to push the game out in a half botched state.

• mbolmembolme Member Posts: 48

Not playing. It wasn't that fun. I don't see it becoming that fun in the future,because I don't think Blizzard's goals and mine align.

• Uzur9Uzur9 Member UncommonPosts: 35

Stopped playing months ago, sure Ive logged it now an then but thats just to check toons an what not - make sure everythings all good.  Hell i dont even have a lvl 60 an prob wont till the expansion.   AND its sad that I almost stopped play when i first got it and was prob only an hour in.... prob my fault for playing the beta so much  it felt stale

• At least an hour a day since launch. I am starting to see the enjoyment wane but after the amount of time I've put into it, Thats to be expected.
  • BlackbrrdBlackbrrd Member Posts: 811
    I answered no, but there should have been a "No, but going to go back to it later" option in the poll. I will 99% sure get the expansion and pick up the game with regular intervals over the coming years, just like with Diablo 2.
  • kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    To me its one of those games like torchlight that you just get the rush to play it for a few hrs then drop it for a few days..i think its an ok game..but imo they should be giving free content updates to this game because i think we were all sold a bit short on this game.dont know what it cost in US but in the UK it was about £50..which is damned extortionate for this game.
  • jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

If you bought D3 expecting a lot of unique content, then yeah it does seem like a rip off. But if you bought it knowing you'd be repeating the content then it's an awesome deal.

I'm still playing... still on Act I Inferno since gear I need to progress is hard to get as a drop and I'm not spending a ridiculous amount on either of the AH's.

I bought it knowing what to expect though, so still having fun.

I haven't played in a few weeks and I stopped looking at the official forums.  There's just so much that needs to be fixed and with GW2 coming out I'm not too concerned.  I'll probably buy TL2 if I get the itch for an ARPG.
    Originally posted by jusomdude

If you bought D3 expecting a lot of unique content, then yeah it does seem like a rip off. But if you bought it knowing you'd be repeating the content then it's an awesome deal.

Why did I play D2 for years and yet quit D3 after a few weeks.  It's because of the fact that D3 gets boring very quickly once you reach Inferno and are stuck farming gold rather than useful items.  They also simplified the D2 item stat system to a ridiculous level.  It's all about a main stat, vitality, all resist and then any others you can get in your RNG.  No crushing blow, no charms, no runewords ...

They also haven't figured out how to get rid of bots after all these years.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

Still playing with my friends and leveling up a Sorc.

Really like the voice actress for the sorc. I especially like the chemistry with the enchantress companion and my sorc.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• Berry90Berry90 Member Posts: 10

I've been playing quite abit of D3 on the european server with my level 52 Demon Hunter.

BattleTag: BerrySenpai9#2491

still playing ... level paragon levels and farming for good items.

There are more upgrades now since the patch.

Nope.  Haven't played in like a month.  GW2 will keep me happt and busy for a while.

The last patch sounds interesting, but they still have a lot to address.  I'll be honest.  If they've already given up on catching bots, then I don't really see the point.  I put up with them in D2 because of the version of BNET they were using.  Now there's no excuse for not catching even the public ones.

Originally posted by FrodoFragins

Nope.  Haven't played in like a month.  GW2 will keep me happt and busy for a while.

The last patch sounds interesting, but they still have a lot to address.  I'll be honest.  If they've already given up on catching bots, then I don't really see the point.  I put up with them in D2 because of the version of BNET they were using.  Now there's no excuse for not catching even the public ones.

What bots?

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198
    Nope and probably will never log on to it again. Finished it and it was done. TSW is the same way but TSW might get a expansion but I am not counting on it.
    I'll be back after I beat that GW2 game that just came out.
  • BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Wow.  Those stats are crazy.  Looks like a lot of people left and left for good.
  • dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Originally posted by Psychow

In other words, next week :)

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

Originally posted by dave6660
    Originally posted by Psychow

In other words, next week :)

Nope I'm only level 31. I can only play the game in smallish doses before it starts to feel a little meh. But in smallish doses it's pretty good.