Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Availability of this game.

DonY81DonY81 Member UncommonPosts: 398

I looked into this game many moons ago but found out it was only getting made in Korea or something. Is this still the case?

Also im from EU will we see this game at some point?

Comments

• volcha87volcha87 Member Posts: 31

Yes, you will.

Right now in Korea finished 5th closed beta test, next will be Open Beta test for Korean and China Players. There is no official information but they say that OBT in Korea will start in November.

About EU Release or Betas still no info.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    They are talking late 2014 or early 2015 for betas for EU and US.

• AdelbernAdelbern Member Posts: 85
    Originally posted by DonY81

I looked into this game many moons ago but found out it was only getting made in Korea or something. Is this still the case?

I already gave up on ArchAge the devs said in a interview that they will release it this year in Korea but will be released in NA/EU either end of 2013 or 2014 which to me is insine and I wont eccept shit like this from Korean companies anymore. Either same time release or GTFO!

• volcha87volcha87 Member Posts: 31
    Originally posted by Adelbern
    Originally posted by DonY81

I already gave up on ArchAge the devs said in a interview that they will release it this year in Korea but will be released in NA/EU either end of 2013 or 2014 which to me is insine and I wont eccept shit like this from Korean companies anymore. Either same time release or GTFO!

No one force you to wait for this game. About interview it is all bu****it. All we need to do is to wait for release in Korea. After it there will be info on EU release. No one can say when it will be in eu. Jack Song with XLGames keep a secret all information regardless EU release. It won't be a big surprise if it will go to EU straight away after release in Korea.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by botrytis

LOL, let's hope not, by then we'll have forgotten why we wanted to play it. image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532
    Originally posted by coretex666

Do you have any link?

I saw them mentioning they aim for Q4 2013 / Q1 2014 release. 2015 EU beta seems ridiculously late.

2013/14 was indeed what they mentioned. You can figure about 6 months or so after they announce their EU/NA/RU publishers would be the earliest reasonable time. 

As much as I would love a release asap, I am expecting at the very least it is still a year out. After Q1 2014 they will be seriously  pushing too late in many peoples view.

• AdelbernAdelbern Member Posts: 85

No mater how good this game is with all the features shown so far I admit it it sounds like a great mmo or better said the best I ever heard of, but saying they will release in Korea end of 2012 and maybe release it in NA/EU end of 2013-2014 is a game breaker to me. We live now in the present not tomorrow, if game is ready for release in Korea now I dont think it takes 1-2 years to get it ready for the west. By the time it releases here this game will be old and outdated and way better games will be out allready.

Truth said is I'm burned out of waiting for games instead of just playing games.

• IneveraskforthisIneveraskforthis Member Posts: 374
    2014 is depressing, i would rather to play the Korean or Chinese version than waiting two more years to play.
  • floreairfootfloreairfoot Member Posts: 59

Time has killed my desire to play many, many, many mmo's.

I hope it releases in NA before we get news of Titan, but I doubt it.

• DeathIsCloseDeathIsClose Member Posts: 23

I kinda hate that this game is already on mmorpg i looks really awesome but....

When this game actually comes out for some people the Hype might be gone.

Theres is nothing available on this game comming EU or NA and nothing about the one whos gonna Pubish it.

I think someone should have contacted XLGames before posting all sorts of info here.

Thanks

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395

Boy, that User Deleted guy sure gets around a lot.   Lotta nasty posts though.

Does this delay mean that ArcheAge is no longer the Great Hype Hope? 

I can't imagine that doing a complete western localization without horrible errors is that easy (or speedy) a task.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• FourReelzFourReelz Member Posts: 12

i would like to see a link to your "facts"

Misinformation is rampid on this site.

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    Originally posted by coretex666

Do you have any link?

I saw them mentioning they aim for Q4 2013 / Q1 2014 release. 2015 EU beta seems ridiculously late.

Yeah early 2014 was what they announced. Of course if there are any hiccups along the way it may be pushed till mid or late 2014. We will have to see how the results of the CBT5 are taken, as well as the OBT phase or phases. I'm not even sure, but they might even put a CBT6 at the last minute.

• redman875redman875 Member Posts: 230
    Originally posted by Arglebargle

Boy, that User Deleted guy sure gets around a lot.   Lotta nasty posts though.

Does this delay mean that ArcheAge is no longer the Great Hype Hope? 

I can't imagine that doing a complete western localization without horrible errors is that easy (or speedy) a task.

User Deleted is what happens to anyone who deletes their account.  Its not just one guy its anyone who has done this.

Also, i dont see why they would rush to launch in NA...we like crappy games then hate them a month later.  Look at what happend to Aion as well.  Still a big hit in asia, barely survived in NA/EU needed to go full free and open the global floodgates to get life back into it.

So why would they generate bad word of mouth from NA gamers who will overhype the game then end up hating it and bashing it forever one month after launch?  Why not get the game out get it established where people play games to enjoy them and then get around to launching it here?

Im only excited for this game regarding the guild vs guild siege warfare mechanic.  This game isnt a sandbox but that is a fantastic feature that most themeparks ignore.  Hate 2-3 faction instanced battlegrounds or the new incarnation one massive persistant battleground type of pvp endgame...its so lame.

In 2014 though...yeah who knows what else will be out there and by then its cuttent state of looking fantastic might not hold true then.

Yeah i would probably play this if it was out now however.

• ElementoElemento Member Posts: 62
    The Japanese release should come out simultaneously with the Korean/Chinese/Russian releases. That may actually be the easiest for people to get their hands on, and the release with the best ping to the US.
  • DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333
    we might get faster into released  korean server earlier then 2014 /15 prob using russian proxies ;) but huw we handle the need to be able to read and write mandarin ? ;P

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775
    Originally posted by iamjason1989
    2014 is depressing, i would rather to play the Korean or Chinese version than waiting two more years to play.

Yepp, korean for me surely.

Maybe russian if they get it relatively fast.

• ozerinxozerinx Member UncommonPosts: 200

Just would like to bring up the company that made Archeage in general was not ment for a large scale player game. The game was meant for Korean public only at first but due to the leak of  gameplay vids/etc people started asking questions on korean forums which led to the developers doing more advertising. 

I have been playing the Korean betas and have been enjoying myself and personally I would not want half the 90% of the MMORPG population on this game. This game strives on a tight/close community that is willing to help each other out. Having one or two outlaws that open world pk is fine but when you have a lot of immature kids running around destroying houses/farms/ships that take a week to build... You will rage FAST..

overall the game will come out just not as fast as you would want it to. Rushing games = ff14 do you really want that?

• GhostshadowsGhostshadows Member UncommonPosts: 70

Makes me sad pondering on when this gane will be out for NA : / Im guessing somewhere around Late 2014/Early 2015 ahhh well got Darkfall 2.0 to play at least! And theme park daoc clone ESO by then!

For sure Blade and Soul will be out before as well...til then *cheers to the sandbox world!

People take the internet too serious...go out get some sun and cool off

• ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955
    Originally posted by Ghostshadows

Makes me sad pondering on when this gane will be out for NA : / Im guessing somewhere around Late 2014/Early 2015 ahhh well got Darkfall 2.0 to play at least! And theme park daoc clone ESO by then!

For sure Blade and Soul will be out before as well...til then *cheers to the sandbox world!

And shadowbane emulator will be out soon

• ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955
    double post
  • Random_mageRandom_mage Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    The more they delay, the more likely the impatient public (myself - included) will find something else to play.
    Exanple was WAR, it delayed and I bought AoC.. Still bought WAR, but had AoC been good, I may have not bought WAR. Both were disappointing, but thats beside the point...

Currently playing Real Life..

http://i36.tinypic.com/2uyod3k.gif

For all your stalking needs..
    http://www.plurk.com/Random_

• BeackerBeacker Member UncommonPosts: 440
    Originally posted by Random_mage
    The more they delay, the more likely the impatient public (myself - included) will find something else to play.
    Exanple was WAR, it delayed and I bought AoC.. Still bought WAR, but had AoC been good, I may have not bought WAR. Both were disappointing, but thats beside the point...

It doesn't matter how much they delay people know this is going to be a great title. I will wait as long as I need to. I don't mind. Nothing great coming up in the mean time so far anyways.