Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I get hacked, they tell me im unhacked, but they ban me now?!

phennexionphennexion Member Posts: 63

So i played guildwars 2 maybe like. 7 hours total, did a bit of pvp thats about it. Real life takes up alot of my time now.

Anyway, I get a mail in my junkmail saying "account email changed". I try to login and no such account.

I mail support and they say "oh ok we fixed it, and change my password"

But when i try to login i get "you have been permanently banned for helping gold farmers"... how?! WTF?

So i try to login to my support account and they disable it.

I make a new support account, and send in the logs from the last ticket, and no reply. I try to login the to new support account and they disable it as well?!

So.. 3rd support account im starting to get a bit angry. I paste them all AGAIN and it's been 2 day sand im still waiting for a reply.

Anyone else running into this bullshit? Is there a way to get a refund?

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

sorry for your hassles - heres the support forums if it helps

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    well mine was hacked today ..so i,m waiting to hear from them..hope i dont have to go through what you are.
  • WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650
    Honestly if it were me i'd hit up their twitter, quick explanation, "I was hacked and ANet banned me for helping gold farmers, now ANet won't help me, what do I do?" and see where that leads you, they might ask you for your case # or support ticket #, or they'll tell you to pack sand, but they're normally pretty quick on twitter so it's worth a shot.

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• phennexionphennexion Member Posts: 63
    sweet thanks! I'll try that, thanks for the support forum link as well!
  • teotiusteotius Member UncommonPosts: 100
    for some people that get hacked i believe that they deserve get hacked... Like the fake emails and such have been around since interwebz born.
    Originally posted by teotius
    for some people that get hacked i believe that they deserve get hacked... Like the fake emails and such have been around since interwebz born.

mine was nothing to do with fake e-mails at all..they go straght in the trash...but i suppose i am maybe responsible somehow,just dont know how.and nobody deserves to be hacked btw.i think thats agod awful comment..not everyone is so computer savvy.

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136
    Originally posted by kevjards

mine was nothing to do with fake e-mails at all..they go straght in the trash...but i suppose i am maybe responsible somehow,just dont know how.and nobody deserves to be hacked btw.i think thats agod awful comment..not everyone is so computer savvy.

When you signed up your Guildwars2 account did you use the same email and a password you have ever used before on any other site with that email?

it was a legitmate guild wars 2 account change email.

I always ignore the fake WoW account emails, and any other game account emails usually. I didnt even click anything in an email, i just tried to login to my account and it was gone.

I also just sent in a paypal dispute.. hopefully that gets the ball rolling.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by phennexion

I always ignore the fake WoW account emails, and any other game account emails usually. I didnt even click anything in an email, i just tried to login to my account and it was gone.

Sorry, Paypal won't do anything but get you a permaban. You need to read your EULA.

About the email - did you look at the source/header on the email? I did get one that looked legit but it was not when I looked at the source/header information.

Originally posted by botrytis

Sorry, Paypal won't do anything but get you a permaban. You need to read your EULA.

About the email - did you look at the source/header on the email? I did get one that looked legit but it was not when I looked at the source/header information.

Did you even read the 2nd line in my post?

Originally posted by Rokurgepta
    Originally posted by kevjards

When you signed up your Guildwars2 account did you use the same email and a password you have ever used before on any other site with that email?

same e-mail yes i will own up to that..pasword no..brand new pw for this game..thats why i said i'm probably to blame..just dont know how they got the pw seen has i'm the only one that knew it.its just one of those things that happens..down to stupidity on my part..i,m not goin to blame Anet for it..its the pw that i dont get..i dont write any down and i use totally uniques ones for each game..unless i have used it before,years ago and forgot...to cut a long story short i have been through all games tonight and brand new evrything put on each game..hopefully that will do.

btw its strange but i'm not overly concerned,my chars were at low lvl so when i get account back i'll just start again.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by botrytis

Did you even read the 2nd line in my post?

You don't understand - that was why there were so many problems with accounts being hacked. The emails 'looked' official but they were not. One needs to thread carefully where gold sellers and RL money is concerned.

I always get them for League of Legends, which I was only a beta tester on - but those are fakes.

• HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599
    For all the crap mmorpg posters get for being whiners. This is the most upbeat GW forum I've seen. There are a lot of issues going on right now that could simply be tearing the game apart, but cooler heads have been prevailing here. Not too shabby.