Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What does it take to be good?

mrporktrainmrporktrain Member Posts: 2

I stopped playing D3 for a couple of months and now I am really under geared. I was wondering how long it takes for Inferno to get easier at all and feel like you are doing well. 

Sorry for it being in youtube only way I could show everything.

Any tips would be great. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI2lMVHxHD8

Comments

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by mrporktrain

I stopped playing D3 for a couple of months and now I am really under geared. I was wondering how long it takes for Inferno to get easier at all and feel like you are doing well. 

Any tips would be great. 

You have to progress act by act.

Inferno Act 1 is not that difficult. After you finished it, you do need to run it again and again to gear up (either by drops, or sell your stuff and play the AH.

From your video, you probably need more armor. I didn't see your resis, you probably need some too. 16k DPS is not high. You probably need 20k to do act 1 smoothly. 16k is probably enough if you kite.

You also need to go to the D3 forums to see what builds are working. I am only familar with Wiz builds (and prob 1 or 2 Barb) so i cannot give advice for witch doctors.

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    To be good in D3 all it takes is a credit card.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144
    Originally posted by mrporktrain

Any tips would be great. 

I don't know much about WDs, but here is a possible build.  

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6413172811?page=1

Just look for gear that you can afford, and I would guess some cheap 100k or less pieces would be enough to make it work through act 1 and maybe act 2.

• HomergdogHomergdog Member UncommonPosts: 95

You will need about a 10 mill bankroll starting out before leaving Act 1. With that you play the Auction House for gear, or just use real money if you want to waste money and not actually build your character. This will get you some nice gear and you should be able to progress through Act 2. Once you are farming Act 2 you can move on to complete both Act 3/4. 

The auction house does get old, bidding on crap and then getting undercut at the last minute, but its the best way to progress. Playing and hoping for that awesome drop is sadly not the most effective way to play in the beginning. Until you can FARM inferno Act 1, you will be visiting the auction house often.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    You need to farm act 1 because with your gear it will be very difficult to do act 2. I also play WD. Your build is not bad. What I use is acid cloud + rain of toads + dogs + pet + spirit walk + big bad voodoo. For passives I would go for the 20% red as you have very low all resistance.

You should aim to get at least a 1k one handed weap. Stats which are the most important are int, crit and all resistance. Ideally you should have at least 600 all res to farm act 3. You should be able to get cheap int + all res items. Your items are mid hell quality atm.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• wowfan1996wowfan1996 Member UncommonPosts: 719
    Originally posted by Homergdog

Once you are farming Act 2 you can move on to complete both Act 3/4.

There used to be a huge (50m+ gold) gap between act 2 and act 3. I.e. it was simply impossible to "move on" to act 3 using that 10m worth act 2 farming gear.

In 1.0.5 (on MP1+) I think it's a bit more even but act 3 mobs naturally have some nasty hard-hitting mechanics so I'd still expect a gear check albeit more forgiving than before.

MMORPG genre is dead. Long live MMOCS (Massively Multiplayer Online Cash Shop).

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by wowfan1996
    Originally posted by Homergdog

Once you are farming Act 2 you can move on to complete both Act 3/4.

There used to be a huge (50m+ gold) gap between act 2 and act 3. I.e. it was simply impossible to "move on" to act 3 using that 10m worth act 2 farming gear.

In 1.0.5 (on MP1+) I think it's a bit more even but act 3 mobs naturally have some nasty hard-hitting mechanics so I'd still expect a gear check albeit more forgiving than before.

After 1.0.5, MP0 and MP1 are much easier than Inferno before. So in some sense the lowest difficulty have been lowered. You should be able to farm at MP0 or MP1.

The difficulty does scale up very fast.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Buy gold to buy the best gear and there you go. You still need to figure out the pack fights but those are not that hard to figure out.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898

I recently returned and:

1) Items are a LOT, LOT cheaper in the Gold AH

2) Difficulty was nerfed

3) Farming gold now isn't as boring to me because I'm also farming paragon levels and their perks

I need time to actually play more to see how far I can progress.