Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Marvel Heroes: Beta Begins this October; New Trailer Available

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Gazillion Entertainment has announced that the closed beta for Marvel Heroes, the upcoming free-to-play MMO based on the Marvel Comics IP, will begin on October 1. Gamers can sign up now for a chance at getting into the test.

Additionally, a new gameplay trailer for the game has been released and you can find it below:

Comments

• tidycatt666tidycatt666 Member Posts: 12
    Animations look really stiff. hopefully this game is better the DC Universe. not saying DC is a bad game but I just like Marval more.
  • WolfClawsWolfClaws Member UncommonPosts: 638
    Didn't you guys post this video earlier this week?
  • SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Can you even make your own toon, or just one of the original's?  DC universe had owpvp which I loved...heros and villains should always fight when they see one another

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• CraziiTaxiiCraziiTaxii Member UncommonPosts: 9

Lose City of Heroes,

gain garbage.

Play DC Universe.

Legends live on forever.

• grinrgrinr Member Posts: 8
    It looks like a HUGE piece of shit.
  • roo67roo67 Member Posts: 402

The minuite I heard Squirrel Girl was in this game I lost interest lol .

Joking aside I'm not holding out too much hope for this even though I've read Marvel Comics since I was about 5 .

Theres nothing in ths game I've seen so far that would make me want to pay a sub now if it was buy to play then that would be another matter .

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    This actually looks worse than the G-rated version. 
  • el_furiosoel_furioso Member Posts: 23

I don't think it looks *too* bad, but from what I see so far, it's just a grown-up version of Super Hero Squad, which is cute and great for kids.

This makes the loss of City of Heroes even more sad.

• khameleonkhameleon Member UncommonPosts: 486
    Looks horrible. I mean total waste of time to make that crap. Everything from graphics, animation, story, combat, enemies, everything looks liek an old game that was made on an engine 10-12 years ago, what trash!!!!!!!!

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

• TheMarvelSeerTheMarvelSeer Member Posts: 1

I can say that I played it a PAX and SDCC and I can say without a doubt its no were close to Trash!

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    This Doesnt belong on a MMORPG site. Put it on game trailers or something, you will get the exact same thing out of Ultimate Alliance. Its just not worth it unless you can create your own Hero.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Horrible low budget trailer.  Not really interested at all.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Originally posted by TheMarvelSeer

I can say that I played it a PAX and SDCC and I can say without a doubt its no were close to Trash!

Given your username and the fact that you registered just to hype the game, I'm going to talk your words with a grain of salt.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    My slate will be filled playing UFO Enemy Unknown.  I think I will pass on beta then see what ppl think about it prior to launch.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by tidycatt666
    Animations look really stiff. hopefully this game is better the DC Universe. not saying DC is a bad game but I just like Marval more.

For sure will try at some point as I like to try them all. :-)) Just hope controls will be as mmo controls should look, not like console button masher.

• vieplis666vieplis666 Member Posts: 33
    I dont care how games look, gameplay means everything! Its fake or not fake free to play ? If there is locked content etc then its fake
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

One of the major points of a MMO is developing your avatar.  In this game you have to chose one of their characters to play, hence the game is NOT a MMO.

Not to say this game won't be fun to play or do well, just that advertising it as a MMO is false advertising, it is not even close.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Looks awful, truly.

• KwintpodKwintpod Member Posts: 262
    This is a hack-and-slash so the graphics should be compared  to games like Diablo III and Torchlight II. Admittedly it  looks worse than both these games, but since it's made by the guy behind Diablo I & II  I hope the game has solid gameplay features.
  • ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676

So the revenge has  started taking place.

Seems like thrones already shaking.

No one can escape from the masses,we are zerg,we throw down everyone that tries to steal,destroy or outsmart us.

Only the good will remain and those that listen.Those who think that are the prophets of gaming soon will be dethroend for good.

Those who catched the meaning good for you.Those that didn't u will see it live in the near years.

You will see companies and developers painted in black beeing dethroned for good.

You know smart us u are on the list.You are going down along with the others that have already gone down.

Good luck david.Hope u rise again dude cause u are the name behind diablo all others were just junk that happened to be more wealthy.

Time for payback to this fat untelented fail that has big mouth and nil creativity,imagination,inspiration,spirit and vibe.

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824
    Originally posted by Kwintpod
    This is a hack-and-slash so the graphics should be compared  to games like Diablo III and Torchlight II. Admittedly it  looks worse than both these games, but since it's made by the guy behind Diablo I & II  I hope the game has solid gameplay features.

reminder: the guy designing this game is also the same guy who designed hellgate london

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

So let's see. Marvel is raking in mountains of money with their film adaptations, yet this half-assed shit is the best they can have some one do with the MMO adaptation? Damn but the MMORPG industry really has become a prime example of just throwing random shit at a wall to see what sticks.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• roo67roo67 Member Posts: 402
    Originally posted by khameleon
    Looks horrible. I mean total waste of time to make that crap. Everything from graphics, animation, story, combat, enemies, everything looks liek an old game that was made on an engine 10-12 years ago, what trash!!!!!!!!

Very true . I'm sure kids still love superheroes . But I do wonder the wisdom of aiming this game at them because I wonder how many children still collect comics as I did when I was a child . The prices ( including inflation ) as so much more costly than when I was young . I would think Marvel is read more by people in their 20s-50s these days with a lot of disposable income . I stopped reading them because of the expence .  

• nuttobnuttob Member Posts: 291
    Originally posted by roo67

The minuite I heard Squirrel Girl was in this game I lost interest lol .

Joking aside I'm not holding out too much hope for this even though I've read Marvel Comics since I was about 5 .

Theres nothing in ths game I've seen so far that would make me want to pay a sub now if it was buy to play then that would be another matter .

It's going to be FTP with cash shop.  Because of this I will try it, but my expectations are low.

• ajac09ajac09 Member Posts: 13
    wait no create your own hero option? pass