Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Endgame and your opinion

Psym0nPsym0n Member UncommonPosts: 283

Let me start with telling you I am really leveling casual and slow. My highest is my Norn Guardian which is level 28. 

So my concerns are the following. I was talking to a friend who has reached 80 somewhere this week and he is already bored of the game because of the lack of endgame. He dislikes PvP as endgame and I gotta say that is also not my cup of tea. How do you PvE lovers cope with the situation? Will you expect an update with PvE endgame anytime soon or will I get dissappointed as well when I reach 80?

Cheers!

Comments

• krakra70krakra70 Member Posts: 122
    Originally posted by Psym0n

Let me start with telling you I am really leveling casual and slow. My highest is my Norn Guardian which is level 28. 

So my concerns are the following. I was talking to a friend who has reached 80 somewhere this week and he is already bored of the game because of the lack of endgame. He dislikes PvP as endgame and I gotta say that is also not my cup of tea. How do you PvE lovers cope with the situation? Will you expect an update with PvE endgame anytime soon or will I get dissappointed as well when I reach 80?

Cheers!

There is no endgame. What you are playing right now is the "endgame" in GW2. 

• Preacher26Preacher26 Member UncommonPosts: 381

Cheers!

PVE endgame is a similiar experience to leveling... DEs larger scale and dungeons

All of this information has been available for quite some time. I dont understand why people are hitting 80 and expecting anything different.

PvP is where its at, if pvp isnt your cup of tea you will find the game lacking. If you enjoy both aspects of play and/or love pvp then you will feel differently.

• gieger808gieger808 Member UncommonPosts: 158
    I prefer pve as well. At the moment, im focused on community and crafting. Also, exploration mode dungeons. Some good stuff there and challenging as hell. And if when I get to 80 and have everything I want ( unlikely, so much to work toward gear wise) ill take a break or level an alt while I wait for content updates.
  • AriolanderAriolander Member UncommonPosts: 97

sPVP & WvW are only part of the equasion, in fact I wouldn't even call them 'endgame' because of how scaling works and how you can access it much earlier.

The endgame is entirely what you make of it. Its not handed to you on a silver platter but there is pleanty to do if you are so inclined to do it. You can chase achivements, you can go exploring and shoot for 100% map completion, you can dabble in master level crafting, you can do social things with your guild, chase down all those easter eggs and jumping puzzles.

Really, the true meat of the 'end game' is unlocking the rare armor skins which is done through the Exploration modes and dungeon running. There is a lot to do, but really like with any other game its up to you to find the motivation to do it. Really this is an MMO & a social game so doing stuff with guilds/friends will always be fun, lvl 80 or not, since you will be scaled down to match them.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    You are not going to get much more pve any time soon. The endgame is in the PvP.

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123

Only got to level 25 so far so no idea but when you reach level 80 and have completed the story mode are the DE's the only thing you can do if you don't want to engage in PvP?

Not that I think that is bad, reaching max level generally means 'end of content, time to grind' but you stick around for other parts of the game. What are the other parts or are there any?

Combining TSW and GW2 at the moment and think they are both good games, GW2 for the mindless fantasy and great artwork/graphicsand TSW for the great ability/combat building meta-game and simply beautiful story.

TSW I know will keep me playing, just to keep up with the story, but I an not sure if GW2 will have any lasting appeal (which is fine, it is sort of like a SP game anyway).

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

Cheers!

Ask your friend if he finished the explorable dungeons.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders