It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
First of all I'm only level 25 and proud of it. I'm taking my time, no rush and I'll get to level 80 when I get to level 80. My pace is just fine as I'm not blowing off life. As I'm out and about doing my stuff, I could plan my adventures for when I get home.
My game plan is to :
Play only one class and one race, I only dabbled in others, leaving for re-playabality....So I picked a Necro. I am in constant study of my class. At times I'll find a humanoid spot and just tinker with weapons and abilities for hours. Often this leads to even more questions.
My Necro can sustain several levels above me. I can stay alive for almost ever if I do things right. Here are just a few :
1) Shadow Fiend- Good tank, it could keep mobs off me with good survivability.
2) When I start taking damage I use one of my heal over time abilities early to stay healthy, and allow my cool downs to build. That way I could use it again if fighting several levels above me.
3) Flesh Wurm- All I could say is WOW. This necro pet has sooo many uses. First its great for hard fights, then it's great for PvP. Often the bad guys ignore it for some reason as it does a lot of damage. At times I could run fwd plant one on the ground and run back to the safety of my wall of friends, letting it sit there and do tons of damage.
BEST OF ALL the Flesh Wurm is great because I can plant one far from a fight ( pvp or pve ). If I get over whelmed I could simply cause it to explode and it will telaport me way back to its spot....This gets me completely out of the fight.
4) Death Shroud- Extended life when I'm ready to die. Not only that, but it gives my cool downs time to recover.
5) And many more, I could go on all day.
I have a RL friend at work.....Every day he comes in saying he loves the game, but the next he is ready to quit. He has played every race, every class during Bata. He levels a class to 20 in hours, yet he sucks. He has no idea what the game has to offer, and is in constant competition with me for what ever reason. He often tries to pick on me about being such a low level as if I care !.....He hates his Rogue, he hates his Mesmer and now he is playing an Elementalist. Every class is weak and he gets pounded in PvP.
Well yesterday I explained how I study my class and take my time...I finely have his attention.
All I could say is some day I'll play an Engineer...I can't wait !....I'll hold off for re-playability and study it the same...I will get to know my class !!!!