Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Only ONE way tp save this game!

Seriously....how long must T2 and T3 be empty before Bioware/Cryptic pulls their heads out of their you know what.

All Tiers should have been open for all long ago, and the free trial open to all tiers, with just class and level limits - half the levels aand half the classes...AND make it F2P and have a real money store.

INSTEAD...as we all knew the day EA/Bioware got involved, they let the game fester and only worked on "gimmicks".

I believe all along they had no serious interest in keeping this game alive.

Comments

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

There's no way to save this game. Even F2P /w CS wouldn't draw enough people.

Just let it have an honorable death.

Great game though, *sobs*

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Used the 14 day welcome back reactivation thing earlier on a whim, 6 hours later the game had only downloaded 1.5gb on a 100mb line. Interest lost, patcher stopped and game uninstalled before it even got reinstalled.

• Games888Games888 Member Posts: 243

how do u save a game when the Game Company dont want it saved?  GW2====> this way.

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

Originally posted by Games888

how do u save a game when the Game Company dont want it saved?  GW2====> this way.

Too bad GW2 RvR is pointless.

At least in WAR we had solid renown/gear grind and the zones actually locked to show some progress in the world.

GW2 has relics that affect PvE world and some cosmetic PvP sets? Oo

• Games888Games888 Member Posts: 243

Originally posted by GoldenArrow

At least in WAR we had solid renown/gear grind and the zones actually locked to show some progress in the world.

and ur point is? WAR had all that and still t anked which means none of the thing u said means anything to keep ppl around.  GW2 will have alot of ppl playing as long as it doesnt crash left and right and not 2 factions like WAR. 

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Originally posted by UnleadedRev

Seriously....how long must T2 and T3 be empty before Bioware/Cryptic pulls their heads out of their you know what.

All Tiers should have been open for all long ago, and the free trial open to all tiers, with just class and level limits - half the levels aand half the classes...AND make it F2P and have a real money store.

INSTEAD...as we all knew the day EA/Bioware got involved, they let the game fester and only worked on "gimmicks".

I believe all along they had no serious interest in keeping this game alive.

Why is this news?

They are literally just milking this game in favor of TOR. And given the state of TOR, I wouldn't expect much of anything from this game anymore. All the resources for this game have been diverted, they literally have a skeleton crew managing the game, and that's basically it.

As much as it sucks, it's time to find a new game. This game had a lot of potential, but it released with too many bugs, and a company who had zero interest in improving the game. Stick a fork in it, it's done.

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

Originally posted by Kabaal

Used the 14 day welcome back reactivation thing earlier on a whim, 6 hours later the game had only downloaded 1.5gb on a 100mb line. Interest lost, patcher stopped and game uninstalled before it even got reinstalled.

I thought this game streamed while you played. I seem to remember starting to play almost immediately after a short download. Granted that was a few years ago when I got a free trial key. I think complete F2P with a decent matrix would definitley re-invigorate an other wise decent game but not with astounding results. I wouldnt expect a complete turn-around just some new , hopefully welcome, blood.

• NergleNergle Member UncommonPosts: 253

They are too busy working on Wrath of Heroes to be concerned with this game. I don't understand either why in the hell are they even making that game when they have this one still active and working.

They should actually make it free to play and put the stuff they have in WoH, That game's PvP was a lot better than whatt I have experienced in the last couple of dying years.

• ThaneUlfgarThaneUlfgar Member Posts: 283

and ur point is? WAR had all that and still t anked which means none of the thing u said means anything to keep ppl around.  GW2 will have alot of ppl playing as long as it doesnt crash left and right and not 2 factions like WAR. 

Having a lot of players initially doesn't necessarily mean anything in terms of longevity, as Warhammer and several other games released in recent years have shown. We'll see.

• VanadromArdaVanadromArda Member Posts: 445

GW2 has Orbs [Relics] which affect PvP & PvE worlds and the armor sets actually have a point if you slot them properly with Jewels. The Armor has matching stats with other armors of matching level, but no one said the Jewels, Rings, and Amulets did. Those matter a whole bunch man. Don't forget the Runes, Runes have a huge impact on the Armor too.

• OtomoxOtomox Member UncommonPosts: 303

I dunno whats EA thinking, besides AION not one of the F2P Games out there has the quality of WAR. MAKE this F2P NOW:

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

There's no way to save this game. Even F2P /w CS wouldn't draw enough people.
    Just let it have an honorable death.
    Great game though, *sobs*

If it was a great game, it wouldn't be in the state it's in now. It was, at best, a mediocre game with some interesting features that mostly nobody saw. The idea of the game was really cool. The execution was just 'meh'. Bad even.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Don't bother, go gw2 and/or teso, ea don't deserve your money.
  • NateEssexNateEssex Member UncommonPosts: 58
    Is anyone still playing? I really enjoyed the T1 & T2 PvP..

Current: GW2 (almost)
    Played: EQ, DAoC,EQOA,Shadowbane,WoW, WAR, SWTOR, TSW

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916

This game has a grand total of two servers. The only thing left to wait for is Bones to say, "It's dead Jim." There's nothing that can save it.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• sonicbrewsonicbrew Member UncommonPosts: 515

All the tp in the world isn't going to save this game. Its a perpetual asswipe......

“Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.” ~ Italian proverb   

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

What they down to?  3 servers??

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• golembanegolembane Member UncommonPosts: 102

if EA was at all interested in saving WAR, they would have done so long ago and not focused on WoH instead. At this point the only thing that can save the game is a complete overhaul of the game, engine, AI, ect and rerelease as a F2P title. Even in that market though, if WAR doesn't release as polished and relatively bugfree as Aion, then the effort was still for naught.

In the end it comes down to Mythic couldn't keep hardly any of their prerelease promises, changed the focus of the game after release, couldn't fix the bugs that were being reported, and most important caught red handed lieing to their customers about how many active players were only. Mark Jacobs might have come across as aloof, but at least he cared about his games, after he left Mythic went to hell in a handbasket.

• ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381

I dont think this game can be saved. Too few people still left. Why save it anyways? Its just an instanced pvp hackfest like everything else coming out nowadays, but with nobody in it.

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

• NidwinNidwin Member Posts: 94
    Originally posted by ZigZags

I dont think this game can be saved. Too few people still left. Why save it anyways? Its just an instanced pvp hackfest like everything else coming out nowadays, but with nobody in it.

Euh?

You know there's something that's called the lakes out there?