Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

People at 80 - pls answer my question

MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

I cant remember where I read it, but when you get to 80, you  will still get xp and levels. I cant remember what these levels are called. Each time you ding, you got one currency of some sort. How much? And what can you use this currency on?

Comments

• st4t1ckst4t1ck Member UncommonPosts: 768

you still get skill points every level, and skill points become currency that you can use at the mystic forge vendor.

im still not sure all that you can buy / do with it yet though, hope that helps

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005

I havent noticed getting any other currency ( im gonna be honest I havent looked ), but what I have looked and noticed is with each level you get 1 Skill point, so once you hit 80 where the next level on the bar would be always says 80 and everytime you level it just resets your XP and you can level again.

You need 200 skill points to craft a legendary and that is what I have been aiming for, have 72 SP so far.

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

The SP are the same as you buy skill points for right ? (captain obvious here hehe I know).

So I need around 200 SP to craft one legendary?

Its not just that when I have 200 SP I just buy it, I still need to craft it?

Sounds like its way faster just to get the 80k~ Karma ^^

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005
    Originally posted by MikeJezZ

The SP are the same as you buy skill points for right ? (captain obvious here hehe I know).

Yeah its not just buying it, you need to craft it with a bunch of other stuff. 

Yes they are the same skill points you use to buy skills.

Originally posted by MikeJezZ

the 80k karma is for a cultural weapon i believe, (2 different things) and there's other things you can buy the skill points with, and you still have the sp challenges, i dont have any where near all the challenges complete, gaining skill points acutally goes kinda fast

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

It's the same thing as with GW1... You ding 80, but your XP doesn't stop there... So every time you get enough XP for another level you get a skill point.

Skill points are used later on to forge weapons and stuff.  You can forge legendary items with skill points, but few people told me it costs around 100 skill points and some other stuff just to get 1 legendary. Sounds like alot to me...

EDIT: woah, 200 skill points :D 

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

Damn I can hear that you really need your professions in this game :P Maybe I should start level mine up for real.

Is there a guide somewhere to read where Vial of weak blood, thin blood, small claw, small fangs etc drop?

i just follow a few basic rules when hunting for trophies for crafting.

totems are usually  humanoids. (sons of svanir, centaurs and so on)

scales (drakes, and skale creatures)

blood ( bats, wolves, and other animal like creatures) harpies events in ascalon are a great way for getting thin blood

poison sacs (spiders, wasp, and them firefly things)

and the others usually fall into those 3 also  humanoids drop bags with random crafting stuff, animals have claws and teeth and so on,  but those are the major 3 that i look for when farming

• everlandeverland Member Posts: 71
    You need your crafting maxed to 400 cap to make just one item that is needed to craft legendary weapon. For example unicorn statue, which requires 250 pieces of best metal in game (pretty hard to get), 250 pieces of some stuff I haven't found in game yet,  2x 50 orbs, while 1 orb requires 5 best crystals. And that is just one item that is needed for crafting that weapon. Add 200 skill points and a bunch of other stuff and you have one legendary :]
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Raven

I havent noticed getting any other currency ( im gonna be honest I havent looked ), but what I have looked and noticed is with each level you get 1 Skill point, so once you hit 80 where the next level on the bar would be always says 80 and everytime you level it just resets your XP and you can level again.

You need 200 skill points to craft a legendary and that is what I have been aiming for, have 72 SP so far.

I want "Twilight" *drool*.

Yeah, 200 SP and 20 silver. I am however far from 80 (I am 32) and I have already gotten all skills I need so I plan to have most of those points ready when I need it. I so far only have gotten SP from 3 different zones so plenty more to get. :)

• BlakkrskyrrBlakkrskyrr Member Posts: 230
    For anything crafting related, or anything at all pretty much, I go to gw2db.com. Search the item and people often times leave comments saying where they've found to be good spots to farm.