Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The secret world 24.99$ on Origin

deathknight3deathknight3 Member UncommonPosts: 9

Until the 5th of september

For those who might have been on the fence about trying it.

Comments

• MuratReisMuratReis Member UncommonPosts: 73
    I tried to buy it on the site for 49.99 but Funcom is unable to cooperate with my bank it seems. I would use Origin for sure but they have a bunch of regional restrictions set up....(I went back to SWTOR as a last resort and having fun -- sometimes it's easy to overlook what is good about that game..)
  • KeyloggerKeylogger Member Posts: 250

I'd rather "sign-up" for a Chinese/Russian botnet than install Origin.

• rdrakkenrdrakken Member Posts: 426

$24.99?

Hey, its half way to what it should be in just 2 months!

• GamefunGamefun Member Posts: 290
    Originally posted by Murtak

Fully agree with you. Origin is nothing but a advertising-resource hog with massive annoyances.

• ZhirocZhiroc Member UncommonPosts: 220
    If even ME3 didn't get me to install Origin, TSW certainly wouldn't :)
  • gszebegszebe Member UncommonPosts: 214
    Actually, I just bought it on Saturday. After two hours of crossing my fingers, it went surprisingly smooth.
  • UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571
    Originally posted by Gamefun
    Originally posted by Murtak

Fully agree with you. Origin is nothing but a advertising-resource hog with massive annoyances.

Originally posted by Zhiroc
    If even ME3 didn't get me to install Origin, TSW certainly wouldn't :)
    I am fairly certain you can get games from EA Origin w/o using their download manager.  I could be wrong though but I bought SWTOR from thier website and didn't have to use their file manager software.  Its also got a free trial so you could just download it from their actual website and use the key you bought on EA Origin.
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

After my experience with Alice: Madness Returns, I don't think I'll buy anything off of Origin, at any price. However, if the game no longer requires a sub, I'd probably buy it, and even play it. If they offered a personal server option, I'd buy that as well.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

"If you don't have anything positive to say, then don't say anything at all."

A lesson, a lot of people around here could stand to try to hold themself too.  I know I'm trying real hard lately.

• DashiDMVDashiDMV Member Posts: 362

I just used the free trial as the download and when I bought through Origin, the product key came in the purchase e-mail. Process took about 1 hour.

Added the Lifetime Sub and the Initiate pack because frankly it looked like the game could use some support so I'm gonna do my best. Just spend the better part of 3 hours translating Satanic runes so having some good times.

Yeah I wouldn't touch that Ortigin app. Just wanted to let people who were on the fence know that you can get the sale without having to mess with it.

• KeyloggerKeylogger Member Posts: 250

Yeah I bought Dragon Age Ultimate Edition on Origin by accident, it took me two weeks to figure out how to manually install it because their derpware couldn't handle non 8.3 names.

• UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571
    Originally posted by DashiDMV

I just used the free trial as the download and when I bought through Origin, the product key came in the purchase e-mail. Process took about 1 hour.

Added the Lifetime Sub and the Initiate pack because frankly it looked like the game could use some support so I'm gonna do my best. Just spend the better part of 3 hours translating Satanic runes so having some good times.

Yeah I wouldn't touch that Ortigin app. Just wanted to let people who were on the fence know that you can get the sale without having to mess with it.

OMFG lol that quest was a blast.  Seriously though that was so hard for me.  Morse code no problem, cracking computers np, latin demonic runes THE HELL?  LOL Took me so long to figure it out but so worth it one of the most rewarding quests for sure.

I pulled the trigger on the lifetime sub as well.  I  just love the content they were able to put out and I figured I would "invest" as well to hopefully help them develop more interesting stuff.