Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I cant bring myself to log in

Comments

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119
    Originally posted by Geschaefer

Its too easy.

Theres absolutely zero reason to group up until u hit lvl 30. Then by the time u get 30 and head to AC,, no one knows how to play their characters in a group environment; and your left with one big clusterfudge of a grouping experience.

Characters are too balanced. - Yes - I said too balanced.

A mesmer can stand and take a melee beating just as long as a Warrior or guardian.. (somethings wrong here)

Vice versa a warrior can melee hit for the same damage that a caster can drop a nuke... (somethings wrong)

Why cant a tank be that and only that,, just a tank,, and why cant a caster be taught a painfull leson when he gets too close to melee range.

It feels like soccer moms created this game.. this game where everyone wins; despite no scorekeeping and you all go home with gold metals and a false sense that somehow youve earned it.

thanks for summarizing what i love about GW2. 

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

Its too easy.

Theres absolutely zero reason to group up until u hit lvl 30. Then by the time u get 30 and head to AC,, no one knows how to play their characters in a group environment; and your left with one big clusterfudge of a grouping experience.

A mesmer can stand and take a melee beating just as long as a Warrior or guardian.. (somethings wrong here)

Vice versa a warrior can melee hit for the same damage that a caster can drop a nuke... (somethings wrong)

Why cant a tank be that and only that,, just a tank,, and why cant a caster be taught a painfull leson when he gets too close to melee range.

It feels like soccer moms created this game.. this game where everyone wins; despite no scorekeeping and you all go home with gold metals and a false sense that somehow youve earned it.

That's funny.  There's a thread saying they are unbalanced.  So which is it? ;)

• stayBlindstayBlind Member UncommonPosts: 512

You do realize that you can go into higher level areas before thirty right...

My friends and I are constantly underleveled for the areas we are in; it makes it more fun.

Little forum boys with their polished cyber toys: whine whine, boo-hoo, talk talk.

• NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815
    Originally posted by stratasaurus
    Originally posted by NomadMorlock
    Originally posted by Psychow
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    Ya... It was much more fun having a tank round up the mobs while someone spams heals and everyone else nukes the mobs to death.
    /sarcasm

Yes it was. Or are you seriously shitting on the way MMO's have played for almost everyone all these years?

Yes. Not all MMO's played this way and yes it's old and overdone. 

It's not old and overdone that is just the way combat is.  It was not invented for video games by MMOs if you look at the old NES final fantasies you had warriors with guard abilities to take damage, and healers and mages that usually did the most damage.  Oh hey lets look at how fighting really happens on earth.  You send in Tanks(yes literally tanks in this case) they roll up and take damage, you have snipers and people with grenade launchers that nuke crap from range, hey you even have combat medics that don't even really fight they just patch up people that are hurt or egineers that just patch up machines that are hurt.  Hey lets go back further.  How about medievil times.  You had knights in armor that would attack point blank and keep "aggro" off the people launching arrows from range, hey you even had those guys in robes that would go around tending people's wounds.  Trinity was not created by wow or any MMO and has been part of battles for a very very long time.

Lol. I had to laugh reading this. Someone obviously has seen to many movies or played too many games. This is one of the all time idiotic attempts at a justification I have ever read for the trinity. 

There is nothing similar To the trinity in current or ancient warfare. 

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    It's different to what most people would be used to but not really easier so to speak.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Ya... It was much more fun having a tank round up the mobs while someone spams heals and everyone else nukes the mobs to death.
    /sarcasm

Yes it was. Or are you seriously shitting on the way MMO's have played for almost everyone all these years?

It's not old and overdone that is just the way combat is.  It was not invented for video games by MMOs if you look at the old NES final fantasies you had warriors with guard abilities to take damage, and healers and mages that usually did the most damage.  Oh hey lets look at how fighting really happens on earth.  You send in Tanks(yes literally tanks in this case) they roll up and take damage, you have snipers and people with grenade launchers that nuke crap from range, hey you even have combat medics that don't even really fight they just patch up people that are hurt or egineers that just patch up machines that are hurt.  Hey lets go back further.  How about medievil times.  You had knights in armor that would attack point blank and keep "aggro" off the people launching arrows from range, hey you even had those guys in robes that would go around tending people's wounds.  Trinity was not created by wow or any MMO and has been part of battles for a very very long time.

Lol. I had to laugh reading this. Someone obviously has seen to many movies or played too many games. This is one of the all time idiotic attempts at a justification I have ever read for the trinity. 

Awww come on thats not true at all. Everyone knows that in real battles you can send 1 guy in who stands there and yells at the enemy (aka taunting) and the entire enemy force just chases that 1 guy around and completely ignores all the people shooting at them.

• aznxdreadfulaznxdreadful Member UncommonPosts: 21

You should have research the game even though they boast about no CLASS restrictions in most of their press, and interviews. 

Google

• InktomiInktomi Member UncommonPosts: 663
    Originally posted by SoulOfRaziel
    Originally posted by kulhat

I can't bring myself to log out :)

^this

How much fun is Asura theif?

• NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815
    Oh damn. I forgot about that guy!
  • tristanryantristanryan Member Posts: 233
    Originally posted by colddog04

Dude. its not that I dont understand the "mechanics" of the game..

Its simple.. someone wearing cloth,, can witstand direct toe to toe melee as someone wearing metal.. (this isnt a great groundbreaking enhancement on GW2's part... its retarded)

Theres braking the traditional rules (which im OK with,, then theres being just plain silly,, like a warrior doing the same damage with 1 swipe of his sword, as a caster can nuke,, Its silly,

So your contending that this is a fantasy MMO; where 1) you can go from lvl 1 to 80 and completely disregurd the "MM" part and 2) a caster can be a tank, DPS and healer? - this is one awesome break from tradition we have here!

That's not how it is though. Guardians have insane mitagation capabilities compared to Mesmers.

Exactly. This guy has absolutely no clue what hes talking about as the majority of the complaint posts against GW2. Its honestly getting very, very old.

MMORPG.com should step up and straight up ban members that enjoy spreading misinformation on ANY game. Viral marketing my fat ass.

• PravanaPravana Member Posts: 48

Its too easy.

The game been out for 10 days. I'm still learning new things about my class. I don't expect "leet" or "pro" only a week and half after release. I expect as you say "clusterfudges". I have patience for fellow player learning the game along with me. It seems like you don't.

• LytheEmberLytheEmber Member UncommonPosts: 43

This thread is yet another example of people who simply cannot stand it when others are happy.  I cannot come to the GW2 forums here without seeing someone start yet another thread that either contains opinions stated as fact (professions are TOO balanced) or has actual misinformation (All DEs are zergs...I for one heal others and set up combos and stun mobs, etc.). 

If you truly dislike the game (I did not see any BUGS mentioned in this thread so don't give me the "we need constructive criticism to make the game better" argument) then why are you here at all?  If I am not a fan of a particular fast food restaurant I am NEVER going to stand in their parking lot telling people why I dislike it.

And then of course the usual suspects come to negatively titled threads such as this to parrot the OP with no real effort to add anything to the discussion.  Surely you have better things to do.

On topic: I have yet to try a dungeon but look forward to the challenge.  Also, I like that I can build an Earth heavy, toughness based elementalist and it be viable.  That is FUN and that's why I am here.

• 7star7star Member Posts: 405
    /sarcasm

Exactly.

/really agrees

OP -- A lot of people don't want to play games like that any more. We have played *that game*

That game (and many knock offs of that game) exists already. You can go play it now -- right now -- since you can't log into GW2.  And -- here's the beauty of it -- you can always log into GW2 later if you want to and it will be there with no sub! Isn't that great?

In the meanwhile, you still have that game with the tank + healer + dps waiting for you with or without a sub. Isn't that great, too?

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    Originally posted by 7star
    /sarcasm

Exactly.

/really agrees

OP -- A lot of people don't want to play games like that any more. We have played *that game*

That game (and many knock offs of that game) exists already. You can go play it now -- right now -- since you can't log into GW2.  And -- here's the beauty of it -- you can always log into GW2 later if you want to and it will be there with no sub! Isn't that great?

In the meanwhile, you still have that game with the tank + healer + dps waiting for you with or without a sub. Isn't that great, too?

GW2 doesnt have, tank - healer - dps, true, they game just have DPS, and AOE, a lot of them, at the point that a Bot can do your job, people is even asking in chat thing like ¨I found a Bot here¨, and then ¨No, im not a bot¨. Sure, lot of people love the game, but them everyday people is getting bored pretty fast at some point it will affect the server WvWvW balance, and thats will be a real problem.

• ChristoooChristooo Member UncommonPosts: 86

Its too easy.

I'm sorry OP but if you think its too easy then try moving out of the starting area, try soloing a Champion Spider on your own which hits like a bloomin truck and sprays poison everywhere that you have to avoid or try Explorable mode dungeons. Then tell me this game is easy. 

I keep seeing these posts about groups, if you don't look for a group then how on this earth are you going to group? Is there going to be some magical fairy that says GROUP WITH SAID PERSON. No, this is like SWTOR, everyone said that this was as solo game where you could solo pretty much the whole game. Well, I grouped more then I have ever done in that game becuase i LOOKED for groups, I am not going to sit in one place hoping some-one groups with me.

Characters are not too balanced, its the way the game is it set out, its all about individual playstyle and how you like to deal your damage, thiefs might want to attack with pistols so they trait that way, or a guardian might want only to play support, so they spec that way. If you ever played the original then you know there was an art behind creating your buld, some things would work with others and sometimes they wouldn't work.

Are you so afraid to delve into the creation of your own class? This game rewards those who experiement with different weapon sets and different traits. The way I have traited my guardian, I can take a beating but also deal out some mean support skills. It is called Imagination, learn to use it.

As for your last point ... I got nothing to say to it becuase you obviously haven't played the game enough.

As some-one else said I am having trouble logging out.

• DrachasorDrachasor Member Posts: 2,678
    Originally posted by hikaru77

GW2 doesnt have, tank - healer - dps, true, they game just have DPS, and AOE, a lot of them, at the point that a Bot can do your job, people is even asking in chat thing like ¨I found a Bot here¨, and then ¨No, im not a bot¨. Sure, lot of people love the game, but them everyday people is getting bored pretty fast at some point it will affect the server WvWvW balance, and thats will be a real problem.

Please.  It's far easier to bot a game like WoW than it is to bot a game like GW2.

There's a lot more movement and dodging required in GW2 as part of the base combat system than a tank-healer-DPS game requires.  Standing still will get your killed.  The combat is just so much more involved that it would be far more difficult to make a good bot (though easier, I suppose, if you confined the botting to areas and classes one determined easiest to handle).

Heck, even when you jazz up Holy Trinity combat with gimmicks, it still gets boring quick because people master those gimmicks (and all such games seem to put the gimmicks on timers so that the whole process is quite repetitive and extremely predictable).  GW2's combat simply is in a completely different league.

And frankly, there are a lot of different roles in GW2.  More than just 3, honestly, though how a group divies up the duties of booning, conditioning, removing enemy boons, removing conditions, heal support, combos, etc can vary a great deal.  Just because all the roles do damage AND other things does not mean the only role is damage.  Anymore than a combat medic is just dps because uses a gun.

Every game that's ever been made will have a number of people who play it get bored fast.  I've not seen any real evidence that this "boredom" is affecting the GW2 population at large.

• eggy08eggy08 Member Posts: 525
    /sarcasm

Exactly.

/really agrees

Proof read please. My god. I can't tell whether you are trying to state an actual point or just spitting out random words.

Game does have DPS... and AOE... but a bot can be used in any MMO... so whats your point again?

I guess asking and telling are 2 completely different things. Not sure why that is relevant but ok.

Bots are going to or people leaving... I'm missing the whole point you're making with this statement.

• mearimeari Member Posts: 101
    /sarcasm

Exactly.

/really agrees

Do these bots drink potions?

• stratasaurusstratasaurus Member Posts: 220
    Originally posted by kaiser3282
    /sarcasm

Awww come on thats not true at all. Everyone knows that in real battles you can send 1 guy in who stands there and yells at the enemy (aka taunting) and the entire enemy force just chases that 1 guy around and completely ignores all the people shooting at them.

Do this little experiment for me.  Get 3 friends together, then have a 4th friend that doesn't know whats going on.  One of you tackle and try to hold down the 4th friend.  Have another across the room throwing things at him and have the third stand a few feet away and jump in throwing a few random shots at him and see if he goes after the guy tackling him or the guy across the room.  The only way he would go for the guy across the room is if he was throwing something hard enough to forget about the guy tackling him,  kinda like a dps over aggroing a mob.  Hey lookie there you have a real life example of a freaking aggro situation.

Did I say real life was just like video games no...all I said was there exists each roll of the Trinity in real life, obviously it is more complex but get real yeah stuff like aggro and taunting is really used in fighting.  Does it work just like in video games hell no but stuff like having soldiers put down cover fire that really isn't meant to do damage so that other soliders can complete their objectives is not all from the movies.  There usually isn't just some dude with a rocket launcher on his own there is other people drawing fire and covering him.  Also if you think that medics don't do anything but sit on their asses until the fighting is over you are just plain wrong.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,456
    I'm on a mobile device so I can't quote but tell me, "stratasaurus"... You've never been in the army, have you? Because what you say about real life battles using the mmorpg trinity is utterly ridiculous.
    Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

Do this little experiment for me.  Get 3 friends together, then have a 4th friend that doesn't know whats going on.  One of you tackle and try to hold down the 4th friend.  Have another across the room throwing things at him and have the third stand a few feet away and jump in throwing a few random shots at him and see if he goes after the guy tackling him or the guy across the room.  The only way he would go for the guy across the room is if he was throwing something hard enough to forget about the guy tackling him,  kinda like a dps over aggroing a mob.  Hey lookie there you have a real life example of a freaking aggro situation.

Did I say real life was just like video games no...all I said was there exists each roll of the Trinity in real life, obviously it is more complex but get real yeah stuff like aggro and taunting is really used in fighting.  Does it work just like in video games hell no but stuff like having soldiers put down cover fire that really isn't meant to do damage so that other soliders can complete their objectives is not all from the movies.  There usually isn't just some dude with a rocket launcher on his own there is other people drawing fire and covering him.  Also if you think that medics don't do anything but sit on their asses until the fighting is over you are just plain wrong.

False comparison.  If you get tackled by someone, then you have to get out of the tackle before you can do much of anything else.  The person is physically constraining you.  This is NOT the Holy Trinity, because you don't have the tank physically grappling with the boss (and on many bosses this would be absolutely impossible due to size differences or the like).

Let's have one friend in full body armor insulting the Target and lightly slapping him.  Another two friends pull out guns and start shooting at him.  A third friend is magic and any harm done to SWAT-man is instantly removed.  The target has a sword and knows it would have a tough time making it through the body armor.

If the target has no experience in combat, then we'd understand him going at the guy in front of him, though we'd all recognize ignoring the two people with GUNS was stupid.  It's patently obvious that he should take care of those two first or possibly magic healer man (depend on how well he can kill the shooters).

And, in real life using fantasy rules, this is what we see happen.  Tanks in PvP are ignored.  People go after DPS first or logical priority targets.  Healers are recognized as something that also needs to be killed (how much depends on the game).  All enemies in Holy Trinity games are dumber than a sack of bricks though.  They can't figure out that they should ignore someone that largely can't hurt them.  They have minutes at least to figure this out and still can't do it -- which makes them far dumber than pretty much any player.

Edit:  Real life the closest thing you might have to this would be in an urban setting where someone is shouting and yelling at you and his two buddies have guns that they pull out.  No one would ignore the guns -- anyone with an ounce of training would recognize they are the threat not Mr. Loudpants.

• gurugeorgegurugeorge Member UncommonPosts: 481

Its too easy.

You're not supposed to "take a beating" in GW2.  You're supposed to avoid taking a beating (both as single players and as a team). 

There is still a trinity in the game, only it's CC, Support and DPS, and each player has to take some responsibility for all three.

Actually the Trinity was ALWAYS CC, Support and DPS.  Tanks were just melee crowd control, with high HP. 

Again, there's no intrinsic reason why there should have to be such a thing as "taking the alpha", and even if there were. there would be no intrinsic reason why the person who takes the alpha should be a melee toon.

As to L2P issues, it's the responsibility of players who understand the system to get the team they're in to synergize. 

Talking works wonders.

Originally posted by gurugeorge

Its too easy.

You're not supposed to "take a beating" in GW2.  You're supposed to avoid taking a beating (both as single players and as a team). 

There is still a trinity in the game, only it's CC, Support and DPS, and each player has to take some responsibility for all three.

Actually the Trinity was ALWAYS CC, Support and DPS.  Tanks were just melee crowd control, with high HP. 

Again, there's no intrinsic reason why there should have to be such a thing as "taking the alpha", and even if there were. there would be no intrinsic reason why the person who takes the alpha should be a melee toon.

As to L2P issues, it's the responsibility of players who understand the system to get the team they're in to synergize. 

Talking works wonders.

Eh, it's not really a trinity.  There are more than three important components in combat and like you say everyone needs to do some of them (damage, damage avoidance) and others need to be split up (booning, removing enemy boons, conditions, removing conditions, healing).

• stratasaurusstratasaurus Member Posts: 220
    Originally posted by Drachasor

False comparison.  If you get tackled by someone, then you have to get out of the tackle before you can do much of anything else.  The person is physically constraining you.  This is NOT the Holy Trinity, because you don't have the tank physically grappling with the boss (and on many bosses this would be absolutely impossible due to size differences or the like).

Let's have one friend in full body armor insulting the Target and lightly slapping him.  Another two friends pull out guns and start shooting at him.  A third friend is magic and any harm done to SWAT-man is instantly removed.  The target has a sword and knows it would have a tough time making it through the body armor.

If the target has no experience in combat, then we'd understand him going at the guy in front of him, though we'd all recognize ignoring the two people with GUNS was stupid.  It's patently obvious that he should take care of those two first or possibly magic healer man (depend on how well he can kill the shooters).

And, in real life using fantasy rules, this is what we see happen.  Tanks in PvP are ignored.  People go after DPS first or logical priority targets.  Healers are recognized as something that also needs to be killed (how much depends on the game).  All enemies in Holy Trinity games are dumber than a sack of bricks though.  They can't figure out that they should ignore someone that largely can't hurt them.  They have minutes at least to figure this out and still can't do it -- which makes them far dumber than pretty much any player.

Edit:  Real life the closest thing you might have to this would be in an urban setting where someone is shouting and yelling at you and his two buddies have guns that they pull out.  No one would ignore the guns -- anyone with an ounce of training would recognize they are the threat not Mr. Loudpants.

Uhm your real life thing is wrong.  Regardless of how much training you might have if you are walking down the street and someone yells at you, you turn to look at them, yes thats human nature, 2 guys with guns then pull them out and shoot you they don't stand there and wait for you to recognize they have guns and then "take care of them first", you were taunted by the dude yelling and now are dead.  Anyway since you all apparently are Navy Seals or Mariners or whatever and know so much about combat I suggest you quit fracking around on the internet and get back to saving the world.

• mearimeari Member Posts: 101
    Originally posted by Drachasor

Uhm your real life thing is wrong.  Regardless of how much training you might have if you are walking down the street and someone yells at you, you turn to look at them, yes thats human nature, 2 guys with guns then pull them out and shoot you they don't stand there and wait for you to recognize they have guns and then "take care of them first", you were taunted by the dude yelling and now are dead.  Anyway since you all apparently are Navy Seals or Mariners or whatever and know so much about combat I suggest you quit fracking around on the internet and get back to saving the world.

But if the 2 guys with guns misses you, do you then punch the guy who just yelled at you or run toward the 2 guys with guns?

Seriously learn to make analogies. In MMO the mobs don't die after 1 hit from the dps.