Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Charr starting area bad/good looking?

Some of my friends avoided playing a Charr simply because they didnt like the starting area looks. I personally think they just looked in the wrong areas.

So I made a video to show the parts I really like about it. Do you guys think its a good/bad looking place?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty3Ir9f1GJg

Comments

• XerithXerith Member Posts: 970
    I think its a fantastic place, especially if you played GW1. Lots of memorable areas out there. 
  • DrWookieDrWookie Member UncommonPosts: 263
    For me I recognize the beauty, but what I don't like is the fact that so much of it is destruction, and constant reminders of death. Not just any death either, but death directly caused by the forefathers of the race that players are playing as in that area. I know none of the charr alive were actually involved, but it is just weird for one of the primary enemies to be ghosts of humans killed by the ancestors of the race I'm playing. It just seems weird to me. I may make a charr somewhere down the line, but I have no immediate plans.
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    I liked it in beta and it's my favorite so far.  I'm saving the Charr zones for a Charr engineer whenever i make one.
  • Tutu2Tutu2 Member UncommonPosts: 572
    Well Char are an industrial race and Black Citadel is built atop the old human city ruins. It's a warzone out there with all the angry ghosts, its not quite the same beauty as Caledorn Forest. 
  • DrachasorDrachasor Member Posts: 2,678
    Originally posted by DrWookie
    For me I recognize the beauty, but what I don't like is the fact that so much of it is destruction, and constant reminders of death. Not just any death either, but death directly caused by the forefathers of the race that players are playing as in that area. I know none of the charr alive were actually involved, but it is just weird for one of the primary enemies to be ghosts of humans killed by the ancestors of the race I'm playing. It just seems weird to me. I may make a charr somewhere down the line, but I have no immediate plans.

Well, in a similar way the humans first drove the Charr out of the region known as Ascalon, according to lore (I don't recall that being part of Prophecies, but I didn't finish that campaign yet).

And to be fair, I think the depravity of the Charr at the time was in large part due to the Flame Legion, so the entire culture of the Charr has changed to a good extent.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

For me I couldn't stand it. It looks nice but the ambiance just wasn't to my liking. Then again I couldn't stand the charr. I hated the animations and the feel of movement and combat. 

But that doesn't mean it's bad, simply means it isn't for me. Human and Asura seem to be where my taste are. 

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    I liked it more than the human,Norn or leafy tree elf starting area.  i haven't seen the asura area yet.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Well as part of a tree i was shocked when i saw what all those Charr lumberjacks did to the vegetation.  It made me hate Charr with a vangeance, it made me see why the humans tried to massacre them.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)