Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] Rift: PAX Prime 2012 - Chatting with Scott Hartsman

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

During PAX Prime, we managed to corral Rift Executive Producer Scott Hartsman for a chat about the upcoming Storm Legion expansion. We found out lots about cross-faction grouping and about "dimensions", Rift's unique brand of housing. Check it out before leaving your comments.

My first question right off the bat was about 'housing' which Scott immediately corrected by making a rainbow arc with his hands and saying, "Not housing. Dimensions!"

Looking appropriately chagrined, I asked again about dimensions that will come with Rift, the game's own unique take on the much more pedestrian housing that most games embrace. Scott explained to us that there are so many great places in Telara, so many beautiful locations that it's only appropriate that players should own a piece of it. He further told us that the team had wanted to implement the idea for a long while and was so committed to the idea that over ten individuals had a hand in creating the dimensions feature that will ship with Storm Legion.

Check out Pokket's video interview and Suzie Ford's Rift: PAX Prime 2012 - Chatting with Scott Hartsman.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AshrealAshreal Member UncommonPosts: 42
    I also had the good fortune of speaking with Scott. He renewed my passion for this great game!

Ashreal D'Synn - Shadowlover & Death's handmaiden

• TomBaker_fanTomBaker_fan Member Posts: 131

Hot Pokket is either really, or Scott is really short. Either way, whats up with the hair Pokket? You aren't in high school anymore!!!

Great interview though, Storm Legion is gonna be awesome,

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

@TomBaker_fan

so a high shool girl can go to school with Pokket's hairstyle but i cant go to work with a long braided beard?  Freedom of speech FTW 

Pokket looks fantastic and i believe that being adult doesnt mean leaving the cool styles to kids only. 

Good interview, interesting stuff

• RolleZRolleZ Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Any word if Trion will fix the performance problems thats been in the game since day 1?.
  • JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Member UncommonPosts: 342
    Hmmm...somehow my comment disappeared.  Good interview overall, but I wish she would have asked him more about the world size increase and also if they ever plan on fixing the run speed.
  • drf408drf408 Member Posts: 6
     I liked this game, as I am a huge MMO fan and do not care about what publisher made the game or which game has the most subcriptions etc. But I am losing faith in the genre, I have been playing TSW, although not without faults, read some iffy reviews on it, such as bad combat. I have always been interested in trying out Rift again, so I did, holy $# is the combat bad, way more so, yet it receives accolades. Now playing GW2, which i really like too, however its loaded with bugs that many MMOs share, however those MMOs are lambasted as crap due to these bugs, yet the GW community seems blinded. Sorry for the rant :) I will be trying this again when Storm Legion arrives:)

rojo,Your long braided hair is perfect for your career at Best Buy, yes.

I wasn't talking to you, and I doube Pokket is reading, though I  know you wish she was. Get a grip m

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

I say leave the crazy hairstyles to the kids!

But then I am bald and have little choice in the matter. Thank you gramps.

All die, so die well.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924
    I never do yearly subs but after returning to rift 2 months i have just yesterday and this is despite playing gw2.few companies are left who truely care and trion are one.
  • blohm86blohm86 Member Posts: 43
    Im impressed.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by TomBaker_fan

rojo,Your long braided hair is perfect for your career at Best Buy, yes.

I wasn't talking to you, and I doube Pokket is reading, though I  know you wish she was. Get a grip m

i dont know her and i dont care if she doesnt read my comment. I speak in general when i say you dont need to be a high shool kid to use extravagant hairstyles. Im saying that if high school (like you said) accepts those hairstyles then a job (ANY job) should accept extravagant styles too. Its just my opinion. You dont have to agree with it but if you cant comprehend what i said then you are special or something and you get the grip instead of insulting me through private messages you mommy's boy. Insulting people through private message so the forum staff cant see it. Fail, they can.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Best themepark best mmo devs imho.

• ToodlesToodles Member UncommonPosts: 121
    lol @ rojo lashing out about the emo braid beard