Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

4 x as many Xfire users playing GW2 than WOW.

• MikeBMikeB Community Manager Queens, NYPosts: 5,755Administrator Uncommon
    Originally posted by Gaborik

There have been a few post up that have popped up referring to GW2 and Xfire. These post have been locked by The Staff at  what they say is for good reason.  So my question is to the Staff that locked these and anyone else who would like to answer.  

What is the difference between people saying GW2 is the greatest, most popular MMO ever based on xfire numbers at the release and a post that ask the question has GW2 peaked on xfire?  The 1st part never got locked and The Staff allowed those post to continue.  The 2nd got locked within minutes.  

Also to the Staff that "loceked" those threads before you decided to delete  this thread and issue me a warning please explain your non-bias reasoning.  

Simple. The reliability of XFire numbers is highly controversial, as shown by any discussion involving them, and as such these thread topics ultimately stop becoming about the game itself and instead become a discussion on the reliability of Xfire data on the whole. The SWTOR XFire thread has been restarted once after it got too large and at almost 700 new posts in its second incarnation people are still debating whether or not usage of XFire numbers to make these sorts of points is even a valid exercise. These particular forums are for the discussion of Guild Wars 2 and if these threads are just going to devolve into this same sort of back and forth (already seen in this very thread) there is really no reason for us to commit resources to dealing with multiples of them in different game subforums.

My best advice is to create an XFire thread in The Pub where you can discuss this topic and compare numbers from all the top MMOs in one shot. I'll even be glad to sticky it for you. There's simply no way we're going to be able to keep up with multiple 700+ post threads for each major MMO release going on simultaneously, especially when they all ultimately break down to the same thing: a debate over the use of XFire numbers.

Locking this.

Michael "MikeB" Bitton
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @eMikeB

This discussion has been closed.