Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Anybody else getting bored?

Comments

• SpaceflowerSpaceflower BorlPosts: 25Member
    Nope, I'm not bored. I think it's a great game and I hope I will still feel the same 4 years from now.

"Those who say there's nothing like a nice cup of tea for calming the nerves
    never had *real* tea. It's like a syringe of adrenaline straight to the heart! "
    - Cheshire Cat, American McGee?s Alice
    ------------
    Room For Improvement

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Yahoo, COPosts: 4,990Member
    Originally posted by Sid_Vicious
    I am only level 3 and I am bored.

Lol

I have seen it all now. The circle is now complete.

Only thing now is to have someone say they're bored from the login screen. Although I suppose it would be fitting considering that other topic raving about the game due to the login screen.

You guys kill me...unfortunately for you not often in PvP

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• Requiem1066Requiem1066 londonPosts: 274Member
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly
    Originally posted by Sid_Vicious
    I am only level 3 and I am bored.

Lol

I have seen it all now. The circle is now complete.

Only thing now is to have someone say they're bored from the login screen. Although I suppose it would be fitting considering that other topic raving about the game due to the login screen.

You guys kill me...unfortunately for you not often in PvP

I got bored taking the wrapper of the game case .. does that count ? :p

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Yahoo, COPosts: 4,990Member
    Originally posted by Requiem1066

I got bored taking the wrapper of the game case .. does that count ? :p

Depends on your health. Did you see the episode of Ozzy Osbourne trying to remove the wrapper from a CD on that reality show of his? :P

Actually in all fairness that probably does win out XD

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• Hell_HammerHell_Hammer BelgradePosts: 75Member
    Originally posted by donjuanagain
    To be honest, Skyrim has ruined me on all games. I can play that game for hours and lose track of time. GW2 takes about an hour and I'm over it. Maybe thats a good thing. I dont know.

This.

I am just browsing Skyrim modes and am very tempted to reinstall with all DLCs and a load of mods. Not many games can compare, at least for me, tbh.

• snapfusionsnapfusion San, CAPosts: 954Member
    Originally posted by DMKano

Probably just hitting GW2 burnout - but not feeling any aspect of GW2 lately - even WvW is feeling uninspiring to me. I am stting at 75 and no will to even get to 80. Crafting is boring and sort of a deja vu from countless other MMOs I've played. PvE I feel I am just completely fed up with - can't stand to do another DE.

I think I need a break - maybe I'll load up Vanguard - had a max toon there years ago and a mid 30s shammy that was fun.

Vangaurd is a good choice in my opinion, no other MMO has the same level of depth and open world SEAMLESS exploration period.  I havent rushed my leveling process in GW2 so Im still having a blast.

• LanndenLannden Nashua, NHPosts: 2Member

I have mixed feelings about GW2. I love this game more than any other in the past 5 years, yet have no desire to actually play. After thinking about it it dawned on me that this game is probably not meant for me as a main MMO. All of these things are HIGHLY subjective and I do think GW2 is an amazing game.

I have no urge to login at all, but when I do I have fun. It is mostly just meandering around, I have gotten to level 50 doing this but I never really care all that much or have much desire to stay online for very long. I generally only play for 2 hours at the most, which is rare for me in the first weeks of a new MMO. I just get kind of bored even though I'm enjoying myself If that makes any sense at all.

I think the two main problems for ME is the lack of direction/goals for me in the game and the lack of community. 

Goals wise, I'm leveling but I never feel as if I'm pogressing. I'm becoming better as a player, but that happens in every game. In FFXI, my first and favorite MMO 8 years ago, I always felt like I had a goal to strive for, that awesome new armor, cool new skill at level 60, or to be able to do the next part of the mission. You had to work your ass off to get all of that, but when you got it was great. In this game I feel like I'm leveling for traits and the personal story, one of those things is very boring and the other kind of lackluster to me. I never really feel as if I'm becoming more powerful. Though this is perfect for the people who don't care about progression or goals in an MMO (the majority).

The second point, the community, is 100% personal. It doesn't really feel like there is one to me. With the overflow servers putting you on server with people you might never see again, aswell as the vast majority of events being doable with no cordination at all outside of your personal accountabilty, it really feels like you don't need one. Furthermore, outside of doing dungeons and talking, at least as a PvE player, it really doesn't feel like you need a guild. I have never needed my guildies help or seen anyone ask for help. No one levels together in my guilds. Its basically just a chat room for us.

The sad part is I love dungeons, but most of the guilds I have joined don't want to play them or find them too hard and leave. I have had a very tough time playing my favorite part of the game since I can't find anyone to do it with. This is of course a personal issue/bad luck, and has nothing to do with the game though.

It makes me sad since it is such a good game. I want to love it and be glued to it so bad but just can't. It is just missing the factor that draws me in and makes me want to play. I will still be playing because when I get the urge it is really fun and I want to support Anet for trying something different well hoping other devs follow suit. It looks like it is back to hunting for a new main-MMO for me though. A daunting task since I now refuse to play WoW or its derivatives. I wonder how FFXIV Reborn is shaping up.

• HomituHomitu Hometown, HIPosts: 2,030Member

So far, I'm the polar opposite.  I hit 80 early on yesterday after getting about 15 levels from crafting and have since gone on to level up 7 more times, earning 7 skill points.  I'm still running events in every zone I pass through simply because I feel like a hero in the world and it's my responsibility to help out when I can.  

I'll agree that hitting 80 felt underwhelming.  I mean I've never been one to yell "DING!" upon leveling up, but usually reaching max level feels somewhat satisfying.  I almost didn't even notice this time around--and I immediately got 2 more levels just minutes after from crafting.  And it's not like hitting max level means anything in this game.  You don't receive anything new.  Nothing new opens up to you.  I find I still have tons of things to progress toward, just reaching level 80 wasn't one of them.  

On one hand, I love that all of GW2's gameplay modes are available throughout the whole game.  On the other hand, I kind of wish reaching level 80 felt a little less arbitrary.  

• GrunchGrunch yuma, AZPosts: 493Member
    I am trying it but I am quickly becoming bored as well. I have fallen asleep a few times from being so bored. It just seems so much like an arcade game not really an rpg imo.

"I'm sorry but your mmo has been diagnosed with EA and only has X number of days to live."

• r3zs1ckn3ssr3zs1ckn3ss Wauwatosa, WIPosts: 360Member Uncommon
    Tera might have a very small following compared to Rift, GW2, WoW, blah blah blah, but I'm stuck on the NON auto-target combat. Actually having to face your opponent and land your attacks within' a hit box is more exciting for me. Hopefully the server merges and future patches/xpacs will gain more of a following. Although honestly I'm okay as long as we have servers with a big population of players. GW2 is flashy but I just can't do it. If Tera fails and I'm stuck with GW2 then I'm quitting MMOs.

New build in progress.
    Stay tuned!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Ghost12Ghost12 Boston, MAPosts: 684Member
    Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter
    Originally posted by Ghost12
    Originally posted by jinxxed0

After playing int he beta for like two hours I knew I wasn't going to be that much into the game. So yeah, about 3 or 4 days in I have zero desire to log in. I actually find GW1 to be more entertaining still. I logged in the other day and was shocked to find that the game was filled with people. In just two towns there were at least hundreds of players (each). 

I've actually gone back to Skyrim. Guild Wars 2 just doesn't give you a sense of adventure and despite the dynamic event system the game is just a single player unless you're playing with RL friends. People never stop to talk or interact. Everyones a sheep following all the dynamic events with zero strategy.

Someone needs to make an MMO that forces players to team up and become friends or something. These MMOs are all stale single player online games.

B-b-b-b-b-bingo.

You know a game already was made with those features. If you died, only players with a certain skillset were able to heal your wounds.

You also had to go to a crowded area and *GASP* socialize to buff yourself.

Guess what game that was?

SWG

And thats not the only one.

Whenever a game forces me to do something I don't want to, I uninstall it.

*facepalm*

• DrachasorDrachasor Columbus, OHPosts: 2,678Member
    Originally posted by Hell_Hammer
    To be honest, Skyrim has ruined me on all games. I can play that game for hours and lose track of time. GW2 takes about an hour and I'm over it. Maybe thats a good thing. I dont know.

This.

I am just browsing Skyrim modes and am very tempted to reinstall with all DLCs and a load of mods. Not many games can compare, at least for me, tbh.

Eh, really?  I played Skyrim and it was pretty good.  Big improvement on their previous combat system (not saying much), but the world is just so shallow.  I can't say I care for how the quests don't give you many options either.  I just wish the magic and combat systems had more depth as well as the world (the random quests are horrible, for instance).

I guess I didn't find much to do in it after a while.  Then again, I think TES games appeal more to people who like messing around with robbing and killing others.  They always seem to add a lot of options for those types of people and not so many for the people who like being good guys.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Monroe, NJPosts: 1,707Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by sonoggi
    youre at 75 a week after release. thats your problem lol. step away from the computer. 

^

Played-Everything
    Playing-FFXIV:ARR

• miagisanmiagisan NY, NYPosts: 5,156Member
    Originally posted by Chilli2k

After playing int he beta for like two hours I knew I wasn't going to be that much into the game. So yeah, about 3 or 4 days in I have zero desire to log in. I actually find GW1 to be more entertaining still. I logged in the other day and was shocked to find that the game was filled with people. In just two towns there were at least hundreds of players (each). 

I've actually gone back to Skyrim. Guild Wars 2 just doesn't give you a sense of adventure and despite the dynamic event system the game is just a single player unless you're playing with RL friends. People never stop to talk or interact. Everyones a sheep following all the dynamic events with zero strategy.

Someone needs to make an MMO that forces players to team up and become friends or something. These MMOs are all stale single player online games.

B-b-b-b-b-bingo.

You know a game already was made with those features. If you died, only players with a certain skillset were able to heal your wounds.

SWG

EverQuest - The Godfather of modern MMOs

EQ, EQ2, Vanguard, EVE (the ultimate in collaborative mmos) and a host of others...there is more to social mmos than swg.

• LanndenLannden Nashua, NHPosts: 2Member
    Originally posted by miagisan
    Originally posted by Chilli2k

B-b-b-b-b-bingo.

SWG

EverQuest - The Godfather of modern MMOs

EQ, EQ2, Vanguard, EVE (the ultimate in collaborative mmos) and a host of others...there is more to social mmos than swg.

FFXI, you couldn't even level without a party. You needed one for everything involing fighting mobs besides farming low level  drops. Hell the majority of pre-WoW games you needed  a group for most content. 

• PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Denison, TXPosts: 576Member Uncommon
    Best MMORPG to be released in 10 years. No I am not bored at all. This game is outstanding.
  • graylixxgraylixx Calgary, ABPosts: 5Member

Wow...maybe your problem is that you've overplaying!! lol.  75 lvls in just over a week? !

I have been playing since early release and have got 26 levels (over 3 toons)  in that time.  I'm guessing you must be a student or unemployed or something because thats an amazing amount in a very short time.  You must have been playing day and night non-stop.  Yes. you are burnt out.  Got out and do something else for awhile.

I don't mean to insult, but it seems to me that you (not specifically 'you') are missing alot of the game if you just level like a maniac.

• LuciferIAmLuciferIAm Waupun, WIPosts: 93Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Fratman

Man, I was bored with GW2 a couple years ago when I first read about it. It was obvious what it was going to be like and that there would be no long term value. 

This game's failure is even easier to predict than SWTOR's. That's because GW2 doesn't even pretend to have an end game. 6 months from now we'll be talking server mergers and how awesome it could have been if only they added more depth to the end game, crafting, etc, etc, blah, blah. How many times does this sceanrio have to play out before people catch on to the fact that themeparks suck?

Lol way to obviously know nothing about GW2. Fail.

• AZHokie54AZHokie54 Phoenix, AZPosts: 275Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by PaRoXiTiC
    Best MMORPG to be released in 10 years. No I am not bored at all. This game is outstanding.

^ This x100

• wylderwylder gothenburgPosts: 6Member

Yeah bored of the wannabe WAR RvR system they call WvWvW, at least WAR got that part right with a good split between objectives,zerg and castles. In GW2s version I am allways hitting a door, no fine balance at all between the objectives,zerg and castles which gave a good uptime on killing players and sidelines into the objectives.

So back to TSW for me too, which at least has both an meaningfull character progression and ability progression at endgame, + its not doorwars 2 in fusang, I actully get to kill people =)

Before I leave do I will say loved the DE´s, allways loved the PQ system in WAR and when they put it in I was "Doh" why havent any other mmo used this mechanic before now, glad to see Rift took it too and gw 2 ran with it as well. more PQs to the people =)

• loulakiloulaki PatrasPosts: 918Member
    Originally posted by DMKano

Probably just hitting GW2 burnout - but not feeling any aspect of GW2 lately - even WvW is feeling uninspiring to me. I am stting at 75 and no will to even get to 80. Crafting is boring and sort of a deja vu from countless other MMOs I've played. PvE I feel I am just completely fed up with - can't stand to do another DE.

I think I need a break - maybe I'll load up Vanguard - had a max toon there years ago and a mid 30s shammy that was fun.

yeah bored from threads like this .

• abottemillerabottemiller Woodland, WAPosts: 43Member
    Have you tried the other races each story is unique as are the classes :)
  • Felheart5Felheart5 OsloPosts: 35Member
    Im bored with this game as well. Im level 25 and started at the head start. A buddy of mine asked me what I thought about this game and summed it up for him. Its Warhammer 2.0.

Thats very much what I have been thinking as well. And while GW2 may be the "better" game of the two, I still have a lot of fond memories from life in WAR the first week after launch. My first week of GW2 has been utterly uneventful in comparison. 

The community and how it came together was diffinitivly a lot more palpable in the early days of WAR than my experience has been so far with GW2. I suppose that's one reason I have been loosing interest.

• BlindchanceBlindchance WhywouldyouliketoknowPosts: 1,081Member
    Slow down people...you behave like a fatty who eates twenty donuts in one evening, feels sick and swears he doesn't like donats anymore. Life doesn't end on GW2...................there are other games image
  • HorrorScopeHorrorScope Norcal, CAPosts: 612Member
    Originally posted by rdrakken

There is a big dfference between getting "bored" and "burning out".

Yes one sounds more politically correct I agree.